Hurricane Irma

John park hopper

Looking a little better, Cuba took some of the punch out of Irma let's hope it does not strengthen in the FL Straights. Still storm surge on the West Coast may be a major problem. Hate to think what damage Cuba got storm hugged their norther coast for a long time. If you have not left the west Coast flood zones please head inland for higher ground stay safe

peter11435

Looking a little better, Cuba took some of the punch out of Irma let's hope it does not strengthen in the FL Straights. Still storm surge on the West Coast may be a major problem. Hate to think what damage Cuba got storm hugged their norther coast for a long time. If you have not left the west Coast flood zones please head inland for higher ground stay safe
Some strengthening is expected unfortunately

Tony the Tigger

IMG_2608.JPG

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm surprised they recommend going to the parks to eat but not to pick up food. World Showcase at least has enough variety to last you until the storm is over.

You know it's funny, I wonder how many hundreds pallets of bottled water Disney has in stock in their warehouses to be sold on their property. You would hope that they are relocating some of this to where it could be needed on property. I mean this really won't cost them anything as it will be a write off.

TalkingHead

Whoa whoa whoa.

Tallahassee is still on the west side of the projected path and the storm is barely forecasted to be a hurricane by the time it gets anywhere close to Tallahassee. There's no need to evacuate Tallahassee right now. Wait another day. See what it looks like then. As the storm gets closer, more people will get eliminated from the risk than put into it. Based on the way it is coming, you will likely know if the thing is going to be out over the open Gulf and strike the panhandle as a major hurricane long in advance. That is not currently the forecast.

It is entirely possible Tallahassee sees no wind over 50mph from this storm. No need to high tail it out of town. Not yet anyway.

Do you know that TS force winds knocked out power in Tallahassee for over a week last year? It was two weeks before they had power restored to all homes.

Based on recent history, it's perfectly reasonable to think that hurricane force winds will make the city an unpleasant place to be for a significant time.

Zipadeelady

I'm surprised they recommend going to the parks to eat but not to pick up food. World Showcase at least has enough variety to last you until the storm is over.
I don't want to go searching but I'm pretty sure I read a notice that someone posted that encouraged people to pick up bottle drinks and snacks while in the parks. I took that as, get it in the park rather than the food courts so they don't run out at the resorts and to store up food for your room. That was my interpretation

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Do you know that TS force winds knocked out power in Tallahassee for over a week last year? It was two weeks before they had power restored to all homes.

Based on recent history, it's perfectly reasonable to think that hurricane force winds will make the city an unpleasant place to be for a significant time.

It took them two weeks to restore all power knocked out by tropical storm force winds? Seems like someone dropped the ball.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It depends upon how many people are affected. If, for instance, a tree comes down and knocks out power to an apartment complex, or a whole street, they'll restore it faster than if it only knocks power out to one house. That's what happened in my case - my next door neighbor had power within a couple of days, but it took them 2 weeks to remove the massive tree that knocked out mine so they could replace the lines.

I looked out my window one day to see extension cords flying over my fence towards my house.

Ugh. 2 weeks still seems excessive. Even in your case. Why did it take them that long to remove the tree? Just couldn't get to it quickly because they were dealing with other issues?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom