Trip Report Hurricane Idalia, Football and Adventures New and Old

Hello Friends!

My husband (Josh) and I (Heather) just returned yesterday from a great trip and I can't wait to share all of the crazy and fun details here soon!!

IMG_0928.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Aug 31, cont.
After Bug's Life, we saw the Lion King show which still reigns supreme in my opinion. The last time I seen it there were no tumble monkeys, so I was happy to see them again. We ran into Kevin on either on the way or leaving the show. There was a floatilla coming through.

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

We took one more spin on the safari. This time we had several stops with animals coming too close to drive by. They even had to call in help to come in with food one time.
IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

With that, we were done with Animal Kingdom and ready to hop to our next destination for the evening.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I once got bit by a lone fire ant at POR while at the bus stop. It burned and hurt so bad!!! The blister lasted a long time and I still have the scar. Maybe that's what got you.
Oh no! I didn't get a blister like I typically would from an ant. I could see the bite or possible where a stinger got me. Maybe a bee stung me or something. All I know is it hurt!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Aug 31st, cont.
We headed out of AK close to 4:30. It took forever for a bus to Epcot to show up. We had some time before a dinner reservation, so we went to Test Track. I believe we did something else, but I really can't remember what that was.
IMG_0914.jpg

Then it was off to space for dinner at Space 220.
IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

Our beverages of choice were:
IMG_0918.jpg

I got an Atmospheric Spirit called Illumination - this was refreshing and tasty, but just tasted like a juice.

IMG_0919.jpg

Stevens Point Centauri Amber Lager - Josh liked it.

For our lift-offs:
IMG_0920.jpg

Neptuna Tartare - Josh said the fish tasted fresh. He enjoyed it.

IMG_0921.jpg

And I got the Blue Moon Cauliflower - I really liked this even more than I thought. I would have liked more hot sauce, but other than that, it was a win for me.

Then it was time for our Star Course. We both chose the Filet.
IMG_0922.jpg

This was not bad at all and I really loved having the mashed potatoes with it. I actually enjoyed this filet better than the one from California Grill.

Josh added a half lobster on with his. It wasn't what he expected at all. Was some lobster pieces floating in a pot of butter.
IMG_0923.jpg

He also liked the filet, but said the lobster had no flavor and could have done without it.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
To close out our meal, our Super Nova Sweet of choice was the Carrot Cake.
IMG_0924.jpg

This was very good, but there was something that was a bit overly salty. I couldn't figure out what it was. The pepitas didn't look salted, the walnuts were candied, but there was something very salty about it. The waiter said this dessert is completely vegan.

I wanted to check out the restrooms to see if there was a cool space theming, but nope it was just a plain ole restroom. We settled our bill then went back down to Earth.
IMG_0925.jpg

We were too tired to stay for fireworks, so we decided to call it a night. But first I wanted to see Spaceship Earth is all her glory!
IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

I facetimed Cam during the light show. It was to Be Our Guest for the F&W festival.
IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

I checked out our view once we were back to the room and watched the fireworks. These pictures are terrible, but gives you an idea. Next time, I'm putting in a request for a high floor.
IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Aug 31, cont.

Before moving on, I wanted to add my final thoughts about Space 220. I did think it was a cool experience. The first time you walk in, you are looking around and taking it all in. The background music really sets the space vibe, but after awhile, it becomes sort of stale, like ok, I've seen it... now what? The food wasn't bad either, but I am very much not a fan of prix fix dining. I do think it's a great addition to Epcot and we both said we really liked it, but didn't see any reason why we would need to go back. That being said Cam wants to see it, so I'm sure we will be back one more time at least. Maybe we will try lunch with him.

amjt660

Aug 31, cont.

Before moving on, I wanted to add my final thoughts about Space 220. I did think it was a cool experience. The first time you walk in, you are looking around and taking it all in. The background music really sets the space vibe, but after awhile, it becomes sort of stale, like ok, I've seen it... now what? The food wasn't bad either, but I am very much not a fan of prix fix dining. I do think it's a great addition to Epcot and we both said we really liked it, but didn't see any reason why we would need to go back. That being said Cam wants to see it, so I'm sure we will be back one more time at least. Maybe we will try lunch with him.
We went up (6 adults) and just had drinks/appetizers in the lounge area
Much less expensive and we were able to soak in the atmosphere

Max

BwlrBry212

Aug 31, cont.

I agree with @amjt660 about the lounge menu. The appetizers were tasty and unless something has changed, you could still order the prix fixe menu even if you only have a Lounge reservation.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We went up (6 adults) and just had drinks/appetizers in the lounge area
Much less expensive and we were able to soak in the atmosphere

Max

I agree with @amjt660 about the lounge menu. The appetizers were tasty and unless something has changed, you could still order the prix fixe menu even if you only have a Lounge reservation.

Thanks for the tips. That's probably what we will do.

sheriffwoody

I had a random, mystery bug bite on a Disney trip once too. I still have no idea what it was, but I remember my arm swelled up and it freaked me out a little! I ended up taking some benedryl and it gradually went away over the next several days.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Friday, Sept. 1st
There was a Halloween party at Magic Kingdom this night, so I purposely made a park reservation for us in hopes there would be lower crowds. At 7:00am, I joined the VQ for Tron. Would this be any indication of the crowd level or did I just get lucky?

IMG_0935.png

The park opened at 8am with early entry beginning at 7:30, we arrived somewhere in between there.
IMG_0936.jpg

We knew our boarding group would be called early, so we went to Tomorrowland and got on Space Mountain which was still a walk on.
IMG_2834.JPG

Sure enough, as we were getting off, we got the notice that our group had been called so went straight there.
IMG_2835.JPG

We were both excited for our first ride on Tron, Josh especially!

There was no waiting, we walked all the way to the cycles only stopping to put our stuff in the lockers.
IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

We absolutely LOVED it!! I know a lot of people have complained about it being too short, but it really doesn't feel that short to me. And as far as comfort level on the cycle, everything was good except I have bigger calves, so it was quite snug there. It's definitely awkward to figure out how to get situated.

So exciting! I'll deal with a little squeezing of the calves for this ride!

IMG_1281.JPG

We stood under the canopy and watched a few groups go by!
IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom