Huggle-licious

kal1484

The all fun road-test! I did mine in a conversion van. Failed the first time because I didn't look behind me to my right when switching lanes...I don't know about you, but when I look behind me in a conversion van, all I see is the van....

Hopefully YOU passed though! :sohappy:

barnum42

Safari Giraffe said:
Why are they picking on her so much? Do they have something against her?
The reason for picking on her is that she is a quiet mild manned person who they know is not in a position to fight back and that the police are too busy to bother with "minor crime". Sad thing is a lot of yobs get off on causing misery.
Safari Giraffe said:
If I caught them in the act or knew they did the damage, I would put a serious hurting on them. That's a promise!:fork:
I know I would end up in jail if I caught them, my temper would get the better of me, and I would probably be put away for infringing a vandal's human rights by beating them to pulp.
Safari Giraffe said:
I hope the dog makes her happy. I would take the dog to the shop with her. Those tiny dogs can be pretty ferocious when they want to be.

I know because we have a Chihuahua that lives close to our house and it can be a little terror at times!:lol:

OH, by the way.....*HUGGLES*.
The dog will make her happy, and will be coming to the shop with her every day to keep her company. The guard aspect will not help though as the yobs do the damage at night when it's closed.

figmentmom

barnum42 said:
I wonder how much destruction a yob has to do to a property before the police will take some action.

The GF's shop has had three more attacks in the last week. Her cart handle snapped off on one night and an awning punctured the next. There was a small group of mouthy 13 year olds outside her shop on Saturday when one of them admitted to carrying out the puncturing of the awning. GF tried to reason with them rahter than report them to the police (as experience shows the police to nothing).

She gets to work today to find one of her signs has been smashed. So, it's another phone call to the police and that's probably the last she will hear from them until she has to report the next thing they decide to smash up.

On the plus side though, she should be picking up the rescue dog today or tomorrow, so that will keep her spirits up.

How FRUSTRATING...this entire situation must be driving both of you nuts. Is insurance picking up the tab for necessary repairs?

Post a picture of the doggy when you can! :sohappy:

MKCP 1985

It is official. Wet roads prevent DD's driving test today. :brick:

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending upon your perspective) we cannot make appointments, so it is first come, first serve, try again another day.

The wet roads stem from rains that have continued all day, so I expect I am 30 minutes from learning the DS's games are going to be cancelled.

It must be a Monday!

stranger

figmentmom said:
She didn't pass? I failed mine the first time...it was just as well.

*Huggles for Katie and Mad*

I failed mine the first time too, but that motivated my dad and brother to take me out driving everyday until I was better!

Katie, you’ll kick butt next time!

disneymoc

stranger said:
I failed mine the first time too, but that motivated my dad and brother to take me out driving everyday until I was better!

Are you sure you actually passed the test? I would hate to think that you are driving illegally.

stranger

disneymoc said:
Are you sure you actually passed the test? I would hate to think that you are driving illegally.

I passed it, but I just haven't renewed my license. :lookaroun

*Gives you super tight huggles so you won't go off disappearing again*
:wave:

disneymoc

stranger said:
I passed it, but I just haven't renewed my license. :lookaroun

*Gives you super tight huggles so you won't go off disappearing again*
:wave:

I didn't disappear. :lookaroun

I've just been super busy. I am preparing for Mr. McFeely, the Speedy Delivery guy from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, to come in town later this week. :king:

stranger

disneymoc said:

I've just been super busy. I am preparing for Mr. McFeely, the Speedy Delivery guy from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, to come in town later this week. :king:

That's cool! What is he delivering? :p :D

Nemo14

disneymoc said:

I always liked him!

speck76

Scientists and romantics agree: Loved one's touch brings comfort

Benedict Carey | New York Times News Service
Posted March 13, 2006

Married women under extreme stress who reach out and hold their husbands' hands feel immediate relief, neuroscientists have found in what they say is the first study of how human touch affects the brain's response to threatening situations.

The soothing effect of the touch could be seen in scans of areas deep in the brain that are involved in registering emotional and physical alarm.

The women received significantly more relief from their husbands' touch than from a stranger's, and those in particularly close marriages were most deeply comforted by their husbands' hands, the study found.

The findings help explain one of the longest-standing puzzles in social science: why married men and women are healthier on average than their peers. Husbands and wives who are close tend to limit each other's excesses such as drinking and smoking but not enough to account for their better health compared with singles, researchers say.

"The effect of this simple gesture of social support is that the brain and body don't have to work as hard, they're less stressed in response to a threat," says Dr. James A. Coan, a psychologist at the University of Virginia and the study's lead author. His co-authors were Dr. Hillary Schaefer and Dr. Richard J. Davidson of the University of Wisconsin. Their study will appear in the journal Psychological Science this year.

In situations that are nagging but not life-threatening, easy access to an affectionate touch, hug or back rub "is a very good thing, is deeply soothing," Coan says.

All of which also explains why the withdrawal of affectionate touch can be so upsetting. In research published last year, Dr. Ronald Glaser, director of the Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research at Ohio State University, and his wife, Dr. Janice Kiecolt-Glaser, reported that blisters lingered longer during marital strife.

And rejection, the ultimate withdrawal of touch, registers in the brain much like an electrical shock, says Dr. Lucy Brown, a neuroscientist at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Fear of the shocks activated a region in the brain "that we saw activated in people looking at a beloved who had recently rejected them," Brown wrote in an e-mail message.

"Love has its risks," she added. "It can make us very unhappy," too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom