Huggle-licious

tigsmom

MKCP 1985 said:
Your chosen glasses are cool, but you should have gotten one of these:

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Non-squint_20Monocle

At the preferred website, you can even get a walking cane with a hidden telescope! :eek: How cool is THAT?!

eyeglasses_1894_13751528

Yeah, I'm fos, but (1) your chosen glasses are cool, so chillax; and (2) my day is coming. . . :lol:

Wait... you're forty and don't have glasses yet?

:lookaroun

tigsmom

Safari Giraffe said:
Well HELLO stranger. :wave:
You never talk to me much anymore.
I successfully unbonded my fingers from yesterday's "little mishap" with the crazy glue! It was bad there for a while.....but I persevered.:lol:

Always use tweezers when using Crazy glue.

Huggles

Safari Giraffe

tigsmom said:
:wave:

Work getting any better?

It's going alright. Still getting dumped on with bad patients but I can handle it.

There are some new nurses starting and maybe some of the load will get moved to them soon as part of their "initiation" into the nursing field.:lol:

I just chalk it up to experience that will help me down the road. I've seen alot so far!

The worst thing I have seen so far was when I was helping another experienced nurse with a post Cath patient that was ready to have her sheath removed from the groin. She was a slightly obese patient and it was difficult to palpate her femoral artery. After using doppler to locate it....the nurse pulled the sheath and began to hold pressure to the groin area for the required 20 minutes. WELL...about 1 1/2 minutes into her holding pressure on the area....the lady started to bleed out from the groin area. The nurse started to get nervous because she could not hold enough pressure to stop the bleeding (the nurse was on the small side....approx. 110#). I moved over to her side and changed places with her because I am taller and weigh more than her. She went and called for help and thankfully a cardiologist was on the floor (a really nice doctor) and he came to help us. Before he could stop the bleeding....the patient ended up with a rather large hematoma and needed to have an emergency CAT scan to make sure of the extent of the bleeding. The patient ended up being fine, thank heavens. She lost a good amount of blood though. It was quite the scene!

As I look back on it. I think the nurse was not strong enough to hold the amount of pressure that was needed on such a large patient. The patient's body size was definitely the complicating factor in this situation. The patient's labs were fine and there were no bleeding problems that were evident beforehand. It was so bizarre! The poor nurse was so traumatized afterwards that she was literally shaking. She thanked me later on for being there to help her. I just told her that she would have done the same for me if I needed help (I hope down the line that this rings true......).:lookaroun

MKCP 1985

Safari Giraffe said:
Well HELLO stranger. :wave:
You never talk to me much anymore.
I successfully unbonded my fingers from yesterday's "little mishap" with the crazy glue! It was bad there for a while.....but I persevered.:lol:

**strange :lookaroun huggles to giraffe :cool: **

I am here for you, giraffe. How can I resist your charms? :)

MKCP 1985

tigsmom said:
Wait... you're forty and don't have glasses yet?

:lookaroun

I can't explain it . . . and when I was young I read alot in the dark, too! :lol:

**goes to look for some wood to knock on ** don't want to jinx this!

**40 year old huggles** :D

Safari Giraffe

Well, I am off work today and I have some major Spring cleaning to do around the house. So I bid you all farewell for now and will check in with you all later!

Bye!:wave:

barnum42

Safari Giraffe said:
I have the anti-reflective coating which is really nice if you are in bright light and don't want that annoying glare. It's worth the small amount of extra money.

BTW: *Special HUGGLES for Joe* Glad you had a great Easter weekend with the GF and Bramble.:) :kiss:
Thanks for the huggles, have some back :D

I had anti-glare coating on previous glasses (for driving) but I found that the coating seemed to make every impurity that sticks to the lens more noticeable.

I have my everyday speck which have a larger lens - more perifieral vision and means I don't have to tilt my head to see the keyboard. These are the ones I have with the reactolite lenses, so when the UV is high the lenses automatically darken.

I also have a non-designer pair similar to Brad's with regular lenses.

Both sets have anti-scratch coating.

barnum42

ASJHLJ said:
*Huggles*

Wow. My first *huggles*. Hope I did it right.
Provided none of the ladies complain, then we can assume that you have been a true gentleman in the administration of your premier huggle :D

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
barnum42 said:
Provided none of the ladies complain, then we can assume that you have been a true gentleman in the administration of your premier huggle :D

Well, I'll have to wait and see. My "lady" has left me for the week, on business not far from you in Kinsale Ireland. I spelled Kinsale phonetically, I'm far too lazy to go downstairs and look up the correct spelling. She works for Lilly and I guess there is a Lilly plant there. When the two that appear below are a bit older we may take a family trip to Ireland with her and play whilst she is at work. So for the week I am a single working dad. A minority that never gets any media coverage.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
*run in*

*huggles everyone*

Hey gang! :wave: Today is my Thursday... well... kinda Friday... probally workin a half day today... then work tomorrow... then the rest of the week I have off. Well.. I REALLY wont be relaxing much... as I am standing up in a wedding...lol. Eh.. they are days off nonetheless. :lol:

*runs out* :lookaroun :wave:

tigsmom

Safari Giraffe said:
It's going alright. Still getting dumped on with bad patients but I can handle it.

There are some new nurses starting and maybe some of the load will get moved to them soon as part of their "initiation" into the nursing field.:lol:

I just chalk it up to experience that will help me down the road. I've seen alot so far!

The worst thing I have seen so far was when I was helping another experienced nurse with a post Cath patient that was ready to have her sheath removed from the groin. She was a slightly obese patient and it was difficult to palpate her femoral artery. After using doppler to locate it....the nurse pulled the sheath and began to hold pressure to the groin area for the required 20 minutes. WELL...about 1 1/2 minutes into her holding pressure on the area....the lady started to bleed out from the groin area. The nurse started to get nervous because she could not hold enough pressure to stop the bleeding (the nurse was on the small side....approx. 110#). I moved over to her side and changed places with her because I am taller and weigh more than her. She went and called for help and thankfully a cardiologist was on the floor (a really nice doctor) and he came to help us. Before he could stop the bleeding....the patient ended up with a rather large hematoma and needed to have an emergency CAT scan to make sure of the extent of the bleeding. The patient ended up being fine, thank heavens. She lost a good amount of blood though. It was quite the scene!

As I look back on it. I think the nurse was not strong enough to hold the amount of pressure that was needed on such a large patient. The patient's body size was definitely the complicating factor in this situation. The patient's labs were fine and there were no bleeding problems that were evident beforehand. It was so bizarre! The poor nurse was so traumatized afterwards that she was literally shaking. She thanked me later on for being there to help her. I just told her that she would have done the same for me if I needed help (I hope down the line that this rings true......).:lookaroun

Hopefully the new nurses will take some of the pressure off of you, but remember what it feels like and don't do the same to them. :lookaroun

Scary learning experiences always seem to stick with you and it just goes to prove that no matter how much experience you have ,things can and will go wrong. The good part is the patient was ok. :sohappy: for quick thinking giraffes!!

tigsmom

MKCP 1985 said:
I can't explain it . . . and when I was young I read alot in the dark, too! :lol:

**goes to look for some wood to knock on ** don't want to jinx this!

**40 year old huggles** :D

"Experienced" huggles right back atcha! :D

Safari Giraffe

DMC-12 said:
*run in*

*huggles everyone*

Hey gang! :wave: Today is my Thursday... well... kinda Friday... probally workin a half day today... then work tomorrow... then the rest of the week I have off. Well.. I REALLY wont be relaxing much... as I am standing up in a wedding...lol. Eh.. they are days off nonetheless. :lol:

*runs out* :lookaroun :wave:
Have a great time at the wedding.:)

*HUGGLES*

tigsmom

ASJHLJ said:
Well, I'll have to wait and see. My "lady" has left me for the week, on business not far from you in Kinsale Ireland. I spelled Kinsale phonetically, I'm far too lazy to go downstairs and look up the correct spelling. She works for Lilly and I guess there is a Lilly plant there. When the two that appear below are a bit older we may take a family trip to Ireland with her and play whilst she is at work. So for the week I am a single working dad. A minority that never gets any media coverage.

*huggles for the dad and cute kids*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom