How things change..What do you miss?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The old Backlot Tour--when it felt like you were getting a good look at how movies are made. It was slightly different each time because they would change out the props in the warehouse and feature the latest film, not to mention that something might be filming on the soundstages.

Light penetrating Innoventions. Of course, it was called Communicore back then. :animwink:

World of Motion. In my opinion, it beat the heck out of its replacement. But then, I like a good story.

And, yes, the Tollhouse Cookie Sandwiches. And Goofy Ice Cream Bars--anyone remember them? They had caramel under the chocolate shell. YUM.

yankspy

The old Backlot Tour--when it felt like you were getting a good look at how movies are made. It was slightly different each time because they would change out the props in the warehouse and feature the latest film, not to mention that something might be filming on the soundstages.

Light penetrating Innoventions. Of course, it was called Communicore back then. :animwink:

World of Motion. In my opinion, it beat the heck out of its replacement. But then, I like a good story.

And, yes, the Tollhouse Cookie Sandwiches. And Goofy Ice Cream Bars--anyone remember them? They had caramel under the chocolate shell. YUM.
I remember those. I seem to remember that they used to change the name of those every year or so.

On a more obscure note, I miss the click-clack sound that the old monorail doors used to make.

Jaytrod

EPCOT
I miss Communicore, Horizons, WOL pavilion, World of Motion, Captain EO, Food Rocks and Kitchen Kabaret

MK
I miss Dreamflight, MR. Toads Wild Ride, 2000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the Main Street Electrical Parade.

HS
I miss running around the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area.. Too big for that now :-(

KingStefan

OK, I love the Toll House Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich, too, but come on! I know we're on vacation down there, but still! It was picked as the "Worst frozen treat" by Eat this, not that. It has 520 calories:eek:, 23 grams of fat (9 saturated):eek:, and last but not least, 44 grams of SUGAR:eek::eek:. Even being active at WDW, you have to like give up a whole meal to eat just one!

But I know - I gotta have one, too!

tote3939

I miss those Goofy bars too. And I miss the tortellini and bread sticks they used to have at the Land. They were great. I also miss the Main Street Electrical Parade, the Skyway, If You Had Wings as well as Delta Dreamflight, Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, Pasta Piazza and the Gourmet Pantry.

I guess I've replaced most of those things with new rides and new foods, but I still remember how much I enjoyed them all.

dvm258

I'm young, so there aren't a whole lot of things that have been axed that I miss.

But I really enjoyed Who Wants to be a Millionaire when it was open. As a kid, my family always went to see the Lion King show in Fantasyland, but I'm glad it was replaced by Mickey's Philharmagic--a very worthy successor.

EpcoTim

I miss the ones you'd expect, Horizons, the original Journey into Imagination, DreamFlight, the SkyWay, etc. But I really miss the days when the Monorails didn't smell like a loaded diaper in a pile of dirty socks.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
You know ever since I started this, this morning, Horizons theme has been playing in my head......Had to listen to it on the way to work this morning...AH memories!!

hrcollectibles

Here My List of things I miss

• 20,000 Leagues under the sea
  • Now is the Time, Now is the Best Time, Now is the best time of your life
  • The area near the former site of 20,000 Leagues under the sea If I remember correctly it was an open air tent and thats where I met the Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf, who scared the crap out of me
  • The Sky Buckets
  • Jeremy Irons in Spaceship Earth
  • The Living Seas
    • Pre Show Movie (And it rained and Rained and Raind. The Deluge)
    • Hydrolators
    • Sea Base Alpha
  • Kitchen Cabaret
  • The Original Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder and the cool stuff upstairs (Imageworks)
  • World of Motion
  • Horizons
  • The Original Universe of Energy
  • Mission to Mars
  • Magic Journey's and Captain EO
  • Wonders of Life
  • Penny Arcade
  • Alien Encounter
  • Any of the Attractions that Preceeded Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • Sky Buckets
  • CommuniCore
  • Superstar Television
  • The Original Back Lot Tour
  • Being Able to See the Great Movie Ride when you walked in

wedway71

I have been going since 71- so anything that is gone.... I miss.

Well Actually I am glad some things are gone like when Epcot had that tacky Dare Devil Circus in the last 80s. Thank god thats gone.

vonpluto

Sitting outside the Lakeside Terrace, taking in the serenity of a Walt Disney World village evening, while enjoying a 100% Columbian coffee.:)

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I miss walking around Dixie Landings and hearing in the background Dixie banjo music , all over the resort.(yeah I can hear it now)OHH I miss the chocolate covered crossant they use to have in the bakery there too!!! Nothing like a sugar rush to start your day!...THat was great...

Disneybird

1. I miss the times when you could have a leisurely breakfast on the porch at Main Street Cafe (I think that was the name), and watch the crowds walk by. This was before Tony's.

2. I miss the old Minnie's Minniehuene at the Polynesian. The best breakfast ever.

3. The original ending to Carousel of Progress (I guess progress got too modern for me).

4. Chocolate covered bananas at the Magic Kingdom .

5. If You Had Wings, Dreamflight, Diamond Horseshow Revue, and the flower market on Main Street.

6. World of Motion, Horizons and Kitchen Kabaret.

7. Chillaquillas at San Angel Inn, when San Angel Inn had better food.

8. Mostly I miss the old Contemporary Resort. The arcade, movie theatre and artist drawing caricatures. And staying in the tower for $74 a night.

marsrunner

MK
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (at least they kept an actual attraction in the lagoon at DL...even if its not 20K, its better than Pooh's Playful Spot)
-Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (at least it still exists at DL...though the FL one was better)
-If You Had Wings (I love that song!)
-Mission To Mars (AE was okay, but I still prefer the original)
-Original Tiki Room (at least it still exists at DL)
Epcot
-Horizons (well, duh...at least I really like Mission: Space)
-World of Motion (duh again...Test Track is okay, but not nearly as good)
-Original Imagination Ride
Don't really "miss" anything at AK or DHS...only been to those twice and they hadn't removed anything I missed between 2000 & 2009...except I like the name "Countdown to Extinction" better of course

There's a theme here...a lot of what I miss from the MK still exists in one form or another at DL, a short six hour drive away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom