How Often do you visit WDW?

muse1983

After being part of wdwmagic for over 2 years now sometimes I feel like I'm part of a small group who actually aren't able to visit our home away from home (wdw of course) on such a regular basis. We attempt to visit every 2-3 years which seems like a lifetime sometimes...so how often are you guys able to visit?

kstella

I've gone pretty much once a year since 2004. Two years I was able to go twice. I missed this year (our annual trip is usually Jan or Feb) due to trying to get myself together financially post-divorce, but my kids were still able to go thanks to very generous grandparents. I'm once again planning my annual trip in Jan with my fiance who has only been once and didn't have a very good time due to poor planning. I'm so excited to show him the way it should be done! My parents are cast members so I have been able to enjoy their perks, otherwise all the annual trips might have been every 2-3 years instead!

Upvote 0

Batphobic

Wow - I feel for you. If I do a different vacation I almost feel like I'm "cheating" on Disney :D

Also depends on what you define as a "trip." We live 7 hrs away, have APs, and go down perhaps 6 or 7 times in a single calendar year... but a couple of those are just putting the kids in the car Friday after work, heading down, and then leaving there Sunday late afternoon (makes for a tired Monday at work but it's worth it!).

Like some of others in this string of posts we don't have to spend a lot while we're down there. No or limited souvenirs, pack food with us, and Disney Resorts with AP discount is really good -- much better than paying for a cheap-o hotel off-property (comparable price with discount but way better experience).

Upvote 0
I used to go on the average of about once every six months. Some of my friends joined me making that happen easily...and taking my grandson once a year for the past four years. Life has changed, finances have changed for my friends, grandson can't miss that much school and I refuse to go during summer crowds so now I go about once every 9 months-12 months. I will always try to do at least once a year...hopefully all will work out so I can. I live frugally by most people's standards to indulge on vacations.

Upvote 0

loveformickey

We go yearly but last year we were lucky and were able to go twice; once in February and then again in December. If we could swing it we would go twice a year all the time! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We go at least once a year, sometimes like this year we are fortunate enough and go twice, but its usually its once. I think we take whatever we can get...

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I used to go every year with my family but since spending the better part of 2010 working there I now go at least once a year. With college (in the northeast) it's all I can afford to or have time to go. Wish I could get down there more often though.

Upvote 0

Shadowgate

Been going since I was 10 in 1976 and have averaged once every other year. I believe this November will be my 18th trip. My daughter is now 10 herself but it is her fourth trip. Excited to finally get her to go on Space Mountain as Thunder Mountain the "scariest" ride she was interested in last time.

Upvote 0

MickeyMad

As we live in the UK and our children are now classed as adults it's a very exppensive trip. Our first was 2002 (off-site) then 2007 (WDW Dolphin) then for us anyway, a quick turn round, a trip in 2009 (WDW Dolphin) so therefore our next trip will be 2015 for our 25th Anniversary and hopefully staying 3 weeks - need to save a lot!!!!

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Before DS, we went once a year for a couple of weeks. We went twice last year and three times this year. DS is two and has been 4 times. December will make 5. We have plans for two next year. We are AP holders. We also plan on buying DVC next year.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

After being part of wdwmagic for over 2 years now sometimes I feel like I'm part of a small group who actually aren't able to visit our home away from home (wdw of course) on such a regular basis. We attempt to visit every 2-3 years which seems like a lifetime sometimes...so how often are you guys able to visit?

I'm in your boat. We can afford one big vacation per year, and there are other parts of the world we want to experience, so we get to Disney every other year or so. Feels like a lifetime though. I just helped my friend and my sister plan their trips this year so at least that helped somewhat with the Disney withdrawal!

Upvote 0

fredtom

DW and I have been lucky enough to go every year since 2001, 10-15 nights each stay... usually in the fall. We were able to get in a bonus side trip in June '08 thanks to a convention I was attending.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

PHSCoach

Have gone every year since 1981> past couple of years I have been making multiple trips. This year was Feb/March, July, August, Oct. and a planned trip for Dec. had to cancel my Jan trip because of back surgery.

Upvote 0

YoungNY

I was lucky enough to do day trips in 08 and 09 and a full week in 2010, now I'm planning my honeymoon there for 2012. However, after our wedding my future husband (not a Disney fan), won't go any more frequently than every other year, but in reality it'll be more like every 3-5 years. :cry:

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Well, back in the day we did 2 a year.

But that was back in the day. Our last full-fledged trip was Dec. 2008.

We did manage 1-day visits in 2010 and 2011 to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Hoping for a full visit again in 2013 if not 2012.

Upvote 0

R W B

I guess I've been kinda lucky since I just booked our 3rd trip in 17 months. My first trip was in 06 and I was 18. I then started dating my current GF in 08 and as things got more serious between us, we started acting more serious I guess including taking vacations longer then a weekend. Since WDW is her favorite place I do what I can to make her happy (atleast that's what I tell her, I mean it's not like she's forcing me to go, ;) lol).

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

Before I got married, I'd been three times....85,93,01. Since marriage, 7 times in our 8 years of marriage.....03, 05, 06, 08, 09 (twice), 11.

Ultimately I'd love to move to within 30 minutes of WDW, get an AP, and visit as often as possible.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I am a passholder and DVC Member. We go 4-6 times a year. This year we will have gone 7 times if our NYE trip pans out.

We started our first visit as adults in 1993 and we have gone at least once each and every year since. I had been there in '76 but I was too young to remember that much about that one (except "It's a Small World" ride & song).
:cool:

I have a bad case of Disneyitis!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom