How Often do you visit WDW?

muse1983

After being part of wdwmagic for over 2 years now sometimes I feel like I'm part of a small group who actually aren't able to visit our home away from home (wdw of course) on such a regular basis. We attempt to visit every 2-3 years which seems like a lifetime sometimes...so how often are you guys able to visit?

disneypets

we live in NJ and are dvc members since 2003. Since then we have gone atleast once a year sometimes twice if airfare is cheap. This year we have gone 3 times (we bought ap's) we leave again in 2 weeks. With the ap's and the DVC everytime we can get airfare at a really low cost we just go. We are very lucky in that sense to say the least. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Every Two Years.

We come from Scotland,so we have been comming to WDW since 2004,two weeks at a time,it takes us that time to save and plan ahead,dont know if i would like to come every year tho,but hey!if we stayed in USA,well that might be a different story.:cry:

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We come once a year (the 2nd year inside of the first by a couple weeks so we can use our AP's two times. Next year anticipating 3 visits...We are 15 hours away and always drive. Our stays are about 12 days each.

Upvote 0

chama1

How many times do we go to WDW.

Well I am a local, live about 14 minutes away and have an AP. I go every other day, it sound crazy but I've been doing this for approx 1 yr as an incentive walking tool and I've lost 10 lbs. So I truly can say it's a "magical place" as far as losing weight...HHHAAA.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I go normally once a year but this year I will be going three times. Two of the 3 are work related but its only a day so the rest of the weekend is for fun.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We go between 3-5 times a year. Kids are grown and gone, we take a bigger trip with all of them but other trips just the 2 of us for 4-5 days. We live in Chicago and are not retired yet, so cluster trips around the weekends and are annual passholders.

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I go at least once a year. When we have Seasonal Passes, we've gone more...some times 6-7 times a year. It gets harder because my daughter is old enough that she doesn't want to hang with mom as much plus now we have to balance my work schedule, her work schedule plus that of her best friend that usually makes the trek with us plus their limited budgets.
In December 2009, my DBF and I took out our annual passes and visited 5-6 times. He said he was Disneyed-out and he won't go with me so I went solo for the first time this year and I'll probably be going solo next March also. :-( But I even alone, I still gotta go!!

Upvote 0

hankhill

Dont feel bad. Think of this as your home away from home, home...

We are lucky and we know it. Our thought process is that there is no other easier vacation with kids as it really is designed for them. So my 14 and 12 year old have each been 6 times. This Christmas is my 17th trip and my wife has now been there about a dozen. We also realize that this will end pretty soon as the kids get a bit older so we have forced the issue a bit in the past few years.

After this one we will settle into a 2-3 spell between each....So we take what we can get while we can. Every day in the World is a gift reagardless of the time in between.

Upvote 0

mcstensrud

We have gone 2 to 3 times a year since joining DVC in 2000.Been on 6 cruises all Disney and 3 were Member Cruises.Also gone to Vero Beach Twice.
We Have AP'S and use TIW discount dining card.
Husband is self Employed and I have a generous vacation schedule where I work.Oh and BTW no Kids just cats.
23rd Anniversary Trip This Fall.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

We go about every 2 to 3 months. We live about 2 hours away and are seasonal passholders. I have been there around 153 times and Im 29 years old. The magic is always there every time I go and I still get chills every time I step onto Main Street and see Cinderella Castle. Now that my husband and I are expecting our first child we cant wait to share that magic with him/her.

Upvote 0

Todd H

We go about once every 2-3 years but this year is an exception. This November will be our second trip in two years. Have a feeling now that my son is getting older it will probably be an every year thing.

Upvote 0

Jay & Sue

In 2001 Sue and I bought a short-term rental home just 10-15 minutes from WDW. Since then we have been able to go "home" two or three times a year. Next year when I retire we will be cutting back to only one visit a year but those visits will be for about 6 months each. Can't get enough!!

Upvote 0

jlevis

Looks like I'm still part of a very small group who isn't able to visit but ever 2-3 years:lol: Then again, I'm still in school...so ask me again 10 years from now, I might be a 2-3 a year person!

I might suggest that the group is much larger than you think. You've asked the question on a site populated by Disney fanatics who are skewing the results.

Upvote 0

cslafferty

Our first Disney trip was to DL in 1999 when my dad moved to Orange, CA. We would go to visit him every year in Feb, when our Michigan winters were getting to us. So DL/CA once a year, and WDW every June. Then, in 2005 my dad passed away, 2 of my kids entered college, and the economy started it's slide. We haven't been back to CA since then, and we went to WDW in Aug '10 for the first time since Feb '04. Now that we're done with college tuition and we've weathered the worst of the economic storm, we're trying to keep a once-a-year trip in the budget, even if it's only for 3-4 days. We're going in just 34 days for our first holiday trip!!

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We went to Walt Disney World for the first time in 2008 and fell in love with all things Disney. Our now 10 yr old has just gone nuts with Walt Disney and his life as an artist. Our son has actually won a few statewide art contest and one of his painting is currently on a McDonald's tray liner in her central Indiana.

We've been able to go every year since our first visit in 2008. Our next visit is coming up in 14 days - we can't wait!!!! Our plans are to go at least once a year more if we can swing it. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom