How many of you have the Disney blues?

Luige11

Original Poster
Well I was on my computer looking through some old videos when I saw my *sigh* disney family videos from our last trip. Watching them just made me wanna be there so much but I can't till next year.. :cry:. How many of you have the disney blues and how do you deal with them?

Susan Savia

Just been back two weeks so we don't really have the blues, but are still talking and remembering all those great rides, shows and the fun we had. We are well on our way in planning the next trip in 2011. but if things work out will squeeze in one before then. So planning the next trip helps a lot.

Disneybub

I always get them, even as a child i was the same, but now i start planning my trip as soon as i get back.

Also i try to remember the smells and sounds, and i listen to the Disney CDs ive got....

Roll on September :animwink:

captainkidd

I started getting these after my 2nd trip, when I was 13 years old. Now, best solution to this is to have my next trip planned before I leave for my upcoming trip. Makes leaving much easier. Also, it helps to spread 2 trips out over a year. One in the winter, one in the summer.

deltableh

Yeah, I certainly have the Disney blues. My trip is 285 days away (but who is counting, right?), and it cannot come soon enough.

UKDisneyAddict

I get the Disney blues. My last trip was 2006 and I won't be back until 2012. I find that every year without going is making me more obsessed!

The way I feed my ever growing obessession is by checking out WDWMagic every day, especially the picture of the day thread and listening to 4 different Disney podcasts.

I have also planned my 2012 trip down to every last detail although I still check the internet regularly to see if I can add anything else!

juscet

I go in and out. Sometimes, like right now, I am really missing Disney and I know it won't be until at least next year before I get my fix.:cry:

luvlifeinfl

I thought that is 1 reason we come here this is our meeting place for those that are obsessive with Disney.

Our last trip was Nov. 2009, this yr we are not sure we will be able to go with the economy and just my job being unstable.

I was just looking at pics from all of our trips, since 2005 just last week. I miss the enviroment of Disney. My 10yr even makes it harder for me when she talks about how she misses Disney. We have a friend that is a CM and so when we go we get to see her, so it makes if fun when we are there but hard when we are not.

CastleBound

Yes, definitely. I went last May and have been feeling it ever since. Actually I had the blues on the last day of my trip, knowing I was going home soon. Like everyone else, I look at my pictures all the time and wished I was still there. I don't get there as often as I'd like too.

To pass the time I like to imagine my next trip and all the thing I plan on doing while I'm there. I think of the restaurants we'll hit, the rides we missed or were closed last time, and where we could stay. Just patiently waiting until I can start planning again!:drevil:

EPCOT Explorer

Yep, I know this feeling...well. :lol: Being away always hurts, but if you have another trip planned it helps a lot. :lol:

Do people get like this about all their favorite vacation spots I wonder, or is it just some weird Disney thing?

Nope, I want to return to Philly...or NYC...or DC right now. :eek:

bgraham34

This past week I have had the blues. We had nearly 3 feet of snow fall so I want some warmth. My wife and i have been listening to the music from Main Street to make us feel warm.

Chrononymous

Oh, you have no idea!

I wanted to visit last year, but twice, my plans fell through!

Though it certainly helps to be here on this site.

tiaragirl

Feelin' the blues today, as my family is leaving in 11 days without me :(
61 days until my trip, though! Making lots of plans.

wendysue

Do people get like this about all their favorite vacation spots I wonder, or is it just some weird Disney thing?

I'm sure it must be just a Disney thing, because I don't think constantly about going to any of the other places we have visited. Just Disney.....all the time. :dazzle:

PirateCaptain

Well, it took me until I was 37 years old to take my first trip to Disney World. Soon after I returned home those blues crept up on me. I fought them by starting to plan my next trip back home :sohappy: Now, I'm headed back in 88 days and 4 hours :sohappy: to the POFQ.

RNRguy

our halloween trip in 2007 was fun then we got home and i started talking to my dad about disney stuff..and soon my friend was graduating from nursing school so we planned a trip in feb 2010 for her and me too you could say.. and now im looking at goin back in 2011 for my bithday in may!.. i hope , if all owrks out!..

but i pass the time , by looking at videos , and on youtube and the boards!..:sohappy:

xerophilly

i have the blues and i leave tomorrow! i cant wait to land at MCO hit the Magical Express and just get the tingles all over again

Matt and Kelly

Definitely!

It's only been a couple months since out last WDW visit, but it's already itching at me to get back. Unfortunately, our next Disney vacation will not be for another several years...hopefully with new little Disney fanatics!

I keep going through old trip photos and things like that but it makes me want to go back even more. Even visiting this site right now bums me out knowing that I won't be able to get fired up about another trip, or ask any planning questions any time soon.

Oh well, I guess it's something I can deal with if it means getting the chance to take my kids to Disney for the first time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom