How many of you have the Disney blues?

GoofyFan1

Big time!

Fellow teachers that I helped plan trips for are now back and showing all of their pictures etc. Several are headed back for April break. I'm not scheduled to go until Thanksgiving.

BrerFrog

I have had those for the past one year and two months. I visited WDW for the first time as an ICP, but now I have no idea when I am going back. What I do to deal with them is just being busy I guess, it takes Disney from my mind.

Frightful

When I think about it now, it's "so excited to go" not "so upset I'm not there", but it used to be the latter when I had no trip in sight. Then I decided to just start a savings fund and now we are booked--431 days to go, blink of an eye really--with so much still to do. Of course it's all planned, just waiting for the openings.

I really like to look at current pictures and news/rumors, as well as weather and crowd info just to see what's going on there today. I also occasionally go to Air Tran's website to see if "our" flight was on time today :lookaroun and spend too much time on Google Earth. Actually, since I've spent so much time couch touring, I probably won't know what to do with myself when we actually get there...

For some reason I also find disneyshopping.com strangely comforting. It's not like I actually want to buy most of that stuff, but window shopping seems to have a satisfactory degree of fantasy to it.

princesscarly

Yeah, I certainly have the Disney blues. My trip is 285 days away (but who is counting, right?), and it cannot come soon enough.

That's so me! I have the countdown (Downloaded right from the Disney website!) on my Dashboard and check it every day! As if it's going to change drastically in an hour. Only 11 days though, and I'm counting! I

Anyways, I get the Disney blues all the time and I find that the best solution is to just think about planning a next trip or watching the movies. I also love to just creep the website and watch the vacation planning DVD over and over again! :)

Raven66

I have the blues:cry: Our last trip was in 2008 and unless we win the lottery our next trip won't be until 2013.

I will as usual be going in Dec....but...this time it will feel different,I'll be retiring Nov.30..36yrs is enough!! If my Co.offers a PKG:) will retire sooner!! RETIRE....take some time to have fun...then start my own business.DISNEY IN DEC...YOU BETCHA!!:xmas:
Jim

lisak09

I get the Disney Blues when it seems like our next trip in August will never get here but i find it helps to read all the Trip Reports and look at the photo of the day threads:). Also looking at our old photos and reading my Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. And now its March already so it also helps knowing we're that much nearer to going back:ROFLOL:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
LOL I have gone for the past 7 years straight and unsure when and if I will again...my oldest will be heading off to college in a few years and need to think on that....others to follow....funds previously saved for trips will be drained rapidly....:lookaroun....but do I still dream and dwell on squeezing another trip in? YOU BET!!!!:sohappy: Ready for any windfall to blow my way....vague hopes of them noticing I am not going next year and sending me some awesome PIN offer is my main daydream....:D

Meanwhile I listen to my stash of Disney Park CD's ALOT...er about daily...turn on MouseHouse Radio on 365 when on puter....visit here and read park updates....attempt to make disney dinners from the awesome recipie thread on this MB....purchase a bottle of Aqua Panna like they serve at the WL club level....:animwink:.....and basically mentally seek out anything and everything that could be interpreted as a Hidden Mickey.....:lol:. LOL I saw one in a flower arrangement at church and DH reminded me I was supposed to be focusing elsewhere....:ROFLOL:. But I tell him I strongly feel that Heaven is the true Magic Kingdom anyhow.....only better!!!:sohappy:

pcarathers

I'm so glad that I am not the only one out there!!! My older sister and I are the "DISNEY NUTS" in our family. We went for the very first time back in 2000 when she was 30 and I was 28. We took her son and our father..was the best trip! We got hooked then and there and have gone back every other year. Our last being in May 2009. we were supposed to go back this May but due to uncontrollable events, we had to push it back to Dec 2010...which I am looking forward to with all the Holiday events, etc. We are slowly converting our youngest sister and her kids into Disney enthusiasts...they are going with us in Dec, their last time was in Dec 2006 and she was 6 months pregnant with her youngest.....can't wait....all her little one says is "I GO SEE MICK MOUSE"! :sohappy:

Rora

I went for 7 years in a row. Haven't been for the last 3. And have no hope of going anytime in the near future. Yep, I have the blues in the worst way *sigh*

glee

Well I was on my computer looking through some old videos when I saw my *sigh* disney family videos from our last trip. Watching them just made me wanna be there so much but I can't till next year.. :cry:. How many of you have the disney blues and how do you deal with them?

I have the disney blues. Dont know when im going again. Hopefully this year or next. My familys kind of fell apart, we used to go every year. :( But im hopefully saving up to take my family to go for a week.:(:):(:)

But yeah...I deal with disney blues by....coming on here. Doesnt help at all :)

WOW that was depressing. sorry :)

sueuk

We're doing other hols this year so I've even stopped coming on here so often (can't help checking in a couple of times a week though!) My daughter brought a DLRP brochure home last week so we're planning a trip over there later in the year ... that helps. And 'HE WHO MADE THE DECISION NOT TO GO TO WDW' will have to stay home alone with the dog!!! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom