How Many More Days For You (Part 3)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The other thread is at 5k - Please post your countdowns here...

I'll start:

123 'til Orlando :wave:

127 'til Disney :xmas:

(still trying to squeeze a September trip in too!)

BuzzComplexCM

Hello everyone! Just got back from quick visit to Disney World and boy was it great! My fiancee and I checked into the Port Orleans - French Quarter early on Monday, about 10:30am and were surprised to see that our room was ready to go! We had a first floor room in the building one. Not too far from the pool and main building. The resort looked to be pretty empty as the parking lots were not full and the pool area was not very crowded. This was out first time staying at the French Quarter and we were impressed. The buses to the theme parks were running swiftly, we waited no more than 10 mins for a bus.

Monday night was EMH at EPCOT and we had reservations at Tappan Edo for six so we didn't go to the park until about 4ish. The hot tub at the French Quarter was very relaxing, which is why we didn't get to EPCOT right away! Anyway, EPCOT crowds were not too bad. We were able to walk right onto Misson Space and some guests gave us their Soarin' FP's. We held off on Test Track until the end of the night and it was worth it as we were the last guests to ride for the night. As far as dinner went, I love Tappan Edo, most likely one of my favorite places to eat at WDW.

Tuesday we went to the Contemporary at about 11am and rented a boat to cruise around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. The weather was great, sunny, hot, and only a few fair weather clouds. No rain at all, which was very welcome. After the boat we relaxd on the beach of the Contemporary and enjoyed a few drinks before heading to the quiet pool and taking a few rides on the slide. That night, MK was open until midnight. Again, we didn't get to the park until five or six, which was good because the park had quieted down a bit. The lines were not too bad for the attractions and, again, we were lucky enough to have some guests pass their FP's off to us.

Wednesday was a relaxing pool day and surprised the fiancee with breakfast in bed. Later that night we had dinner at the Sci-Fi and stayed at DHS for EMH. I also spoiled myself to a build-your-own lightsaber.

Overall the trip was great! The crowds were there, but manageable. As always, you have to deal with people who don't know the phrase, "excuse me" or "thank you." The only thing that bothered me was the amount of people at th eparks who do not clean up after themselves at quick service locations. I understand that there are custodial people to wipe down the tables and clean the floors, but is it too much to throw out your trash? Anway, that was the only flaw in the trip.

As far as the French Quarter goes, the cast was amazing and very friendly. The scenery and music at the resort is great and the laid-back feeling of the resort makes the vacation that much better. I would consider using my DVC points there again.

Upvote 0

koppite_rob

Dad of the year

12 days to go.....
and I have to nominate my Dad for Dad of the Year.
Originally he was paying for my sister & niece & nephew to go with him,then my Mum,her husband and my half sister who all live in Chicago wanted to tag along too.I'm a Disneyworld veteran and didn't have the money to go, seperated after 8 years of marriage,and it wasn't till about 10 weeks ago my Dad said he'd take me as well.Then yesterday I made the call to say my girlfriend would really like to come too,despite the flights van & villa having already been booked.
Dad didn't even pause in saying of course.
My Dads paid for the whole families flights,the villa,the van & 21day WDW park tickets for each of us.And the best thing is my niece & nephew are still in the dark,they think my Sisters taking them to Disney Paris! I can't wait to see their faces on that first day at MK.Its going to be the best family holiday ever.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom