How many days do you need in WDW?

HopLow

Original Poster
For some reason, my thread search isn't working (prob bc of firewalls since I'm at work....shhh!!!:zipit:), so I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered.

Last time my family and I went to WDW, we seemed to be rushing around and the whole trip went by far too quickly. We were there for 5 days, 4 nights. As I've been reading through the forum, I realize how many things I've been missing in the parks and resorts, even though I've been to Disney about 10 times.

So my question is, how many days do you need to see and do the things you want? I'm planning my next trip for Jan 2010 and don't want a repeat experience like last year (not that it was a bad vacation, just not enough!). I want to make sure we all have enough time to feel like we got the real Disney experience, rather than feeling like a rushed, mini-trip.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I think 8 nights would do it.

However, I stay at least 10 days. This next trip is 11. If I had my choice in a perfect world I'd stay at least 2 weeks. I'd love to have days where I wake up, go to MK for Breakfast, go to Epcot for Lunch, DHS for dinner, and DTD for a night cap...or even sleep in hang at the hotel, visit other hotels while im there. Mainly just take my time in doing more things.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've been 11 times, usually 7-8 days. I still haven't seen and done everything there is to do. :shrug: Granted, there are things I'll likely never do. Sounds Dangerous and Playhouse Disney have never had any appeal, Toontown always struck me as "too young" and character M&Gs have no appeal either.

The reality is it depends a lot on you. You can be in WDW for a month in a slow period [if there is such a thing] and rush around like a madman and still not see and do everything. You can also relax over the course of a week and accomplish everything you want.

MattyFresh

I am still shooting for my ideal trip of about 2 weeks. I have gone for a full week and still feel like I am rushing around to try and do certain things.

I could probably do a 2 week trip and maybe squeeze everything in, at least I would give it a try:lol:

HopLow

Original Poster
Well I definitely don't want to do everything (if that's even possible!). The issue was that I didn't get into the Disney spirit last time, I just felt like we were rushing from park to park in order to do the minimum. I've NEVER had a day at WDW to relax and do nothing. I've never resort hopped and since I'm a diehard Poly fan, I don't even know what the other resorts look like (which I really want to do now that I've seen the resort pic thread)! I was just wondering how much time other people felt like they needed in order to leave WDW feeling satisfied with their trips, but not necessarily feeling like they'd done everything there was to do.

MousDad

1 full day is my minimum. Mainly to get in a day at Epcot. (Yes, I would fly down for a weekend just for that.)

6 full days is my minimum to fully enjoy all 4 parks.

9 full days is my minimum to have a relaxing vacation, and fully enjoy all 4 parks.

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
It really depends on how fast you go, what you want to see and do, etc. We like to go for 8-9 days. That allows us enough time to enjoy our trip, enjoy some nice sit down meals, and do everything we want and then some.

TxStateMouse

I have to agree that 8-9 is a realistic, fantasic vacation. It's enough time to devote at least one full day to each park, plus leaves some room to shop, eat good meals, and hop around throughout the resort. I think taht it also depends on the time of year, and how much time you spend in line for buses or rides or whatever. We are going for 9 nights in September, and HOPEFULLY if the crowds are as low as we are anticipating we will be able to get in everything (that we want to do) plus have some down time to keep the energy up for all 9 days. Plus I LOVE knowing that as soon as I get there I have an full week (and then some) of nothing but Disney.

yankspy

I would say at least eight full days. Generally, we like that amount so that we can have a park day followed by a non park day. We still might visit a park on a non park day but it will usually be a little later in the day.

fosse76

I would say at least eight full days. Generally, we like that amount so that we can have a park day followed by a non park day. We still might visit a park on a non park day but it will usually be a little later in the day.

Personally, I could not be there and NOT go to a park. I'm not a lesiurely person that can just sit and relax...I always have to be moving. For me, I can get through the parks in 3 or four days max and still not feel as though I rushed. But I travel solo, so I am not slowed down by others, and I make efficient use of single-rider lines. Now that I am no longer a newbie when it comes to visiting the parks there are attractions I know to skip because I don't like them (CoP, Country Bears, Tiki Room, Beauty and the Beast, Studios Tour, Festival of the Lion King, American Adventure, HIStA). I just got back last night from a four day trip...and even with a aore foot I managed to do everything I wanted to do.

bjlc57

the last time...

we did four parks in three days using a three day alamo park hopper that wasn't widely known about.. we were light on the studio and AK day.. But we did everything in AK.. including the safari ride twice and the rapids 4, that's RIGHT FOUR TIMES IN A ROW.. it was raining and the ride was closed in the morning.. we were one of the first ones on the ride.. and they let us go on and on since no one else was coming down the ramp...

I would like 4 days.. doing all of EPCOT.. including the world showcase is hard for one day.. but 4 days is about what I can afford most times.. because even though you get "free days" the hotel and the food aren't free.. just the park is free..

yankspy

Personally, I could not be there and NOT go to a park. I'm not a lesiurely person that can just sit and relax...I always have to be moving. For me, I can get through the parks in 3 or four days max and still not feel as though I rushed. But I travel solo, so I am not slowed down by others, and I make efficient use of single-rider lines. Now that I am no longer a newbie when it comes to visiting the parks there are attractions I know to skip because I don't like them (CoP, Country Bears, Tiki Room, Beauty and the Beast, Studios Tour, Festival of the Lion King, American Adventure, HIStA). I just got back last night from a four day trip...and even with a aore foot I managed to do everything I wanted to do.
Funny you should say that because I took my first solo trip last year and I found myself in the parks more. I only skipped the parks on one day and I was getting antsy by the end of the day. I also got through the parks much quicker.

hwdelien

It really depends on when you go. I usually only go for 4 days, but that is usually the first week of May so most rides are almost walk-ons. We only do 1 sit-down meal (that usually takes a long time). MK takes a full day and I usually go on one of the nights it's open late. AK is easy to do in their shortened day. Epcot takes slightly more than a day, so I go to AK and when they close I hop over to Epcot. DHS can be done easily in one day, although I never seem to manage to schedule Lights, camera, action and Indiana Jones in the same day so I only do one of them. Admittedly, sitting on a curb waiting for a parade isn't my cup of tea, so I rarely do them and you can get a lot of riding done in that time. At most a 5th day would allow you to hit or revisit anything you missed, but it's been my experience that you simply cannot do the parks more than 2 days in a row without becoming thoroughly exhausted and since I can only get away for a week at a time, 4 days is perfect. We usually arrive Saturday, go to parks Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That is perfect without wearing everyone out.

CBug88

I say one week would would be sufficient, but I have stayed several times for 2 solid weeks. I like longer trips b/c you don't have to rush around and you can take 'swim' days' at the Resorts/waterparks in the middle of your trip to get away from the 'hustle and bustle' of the parks. My next trip will be eight days which I think is perfect!!!!

gettingsmaller

We went for 12 days in 2007. It was really nice to have the time (actually be FORCED since our max in the US is 10-day tix) to do other things. We visited DTD and went to the water parks.

Here's what I liked about the water parks: you get to relax and slow your pace (maybe just play in the sand with your kids) without feeling like you're wasting time. At the 4 parks, it's go-go-go from open to close, but you can slow down at the water parks.

SO... we have been for 7 days and for 10+ days. I personally don't care for park hopping (esp. not with 3 kids under 10yrs). So, I'd say I would want a minimum of 8 days so that I could plan 2 days for each park, but 10 days allows you to relax your schedule even more and take things a little easier...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom