How long has Expedition Everest looked like this?

Figment2005

It's not a logical reason because it only works if the decision maker is so advanced to premeditated the need to proactively do this... Yet is so ignorant of basic Disney operation that they don't know to complete the job. It's like expecting the guy to be a math genius for solving multidimensional calculus problems but you expect him not to do basic algebra.

And if this is premeditated and proactive work, it should not have been rushed, right? No emergency. And if that's true, why did they not have the te or ability to implement some sort of screening to replace what they were taking down.

If you are doing something proactively, you start when you are ready to complete the job... Not leave it half done because you didn't have the 'parts' to complete the job.

You theory doesn't hold up to any common sense. Especially since it assumes the company is actually acting proactively, inferring greater knowledge of the situation.

It's akin to saying... The guy knows he needs to change his car's oil regularly, so he is a hawk that changes the oil at 3k miles religiously. But he doesn't have his car this week because he drained his oil when his car hit 3k miles but he did not buy new oil yet.

Never mind the angle of all the other bamboo in the park not having to go through such replacement prior.
Are you seriously ripping into me and my comment because I stated a possible reason why the foliage was removed? I have never said I agree with how they went about the project, just stated a possible reason for why the project was started in the first place... damn.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you seriously ripping into me and my comment because I stated a possible reason why the foliage was removed? I have never said I agree with how they went about the project, just stated a possible reason for why the project was started in the first place... damn.

I was trying to explain to you how your theory was imcomplete.. that's the best way to put it.. 'incomplete' - it wasn't a logical possibility for the gaps I laid out.

jjharvpro

Rode Everest (SEVERAL times that day ;)) back in June and it looked fantastic. Actually, the absolute best condition I've seen it in months! And all the overgrowth and lush theming was there. Guess they're just cutting it down and replanting like the old posts said. Does this bug me? Of course. End of the world? Most definitely not. It'll be fixed, so I'm not completely distraught.

@WDWForTwo

Again, Everest looked like that for over 2 months.

We were in Disney during the week of July 25th and Everest looked that way. Not only could you see the building, but a lot of Cast Members seemed to be using a walkway that goes through that area, so you saw maintenance guys just walking in and out of the area. It is really bad "show"

Pixiedustmaker

Is this about the Bamboo fungus preventive maintenance theory?

It's an interesting idea, but there are ways to maintain a clump of Bamboo for decades by pruning. The other pertinent pieces of information are that there are neighboring clumps of bamboo which haven't been touched, that the wooden poles were removed, and that months ago one wooden pole (with a speaker?) fell over, which could possibly lead one to hypothesize that there is a similar problem with other poles (problems with concrete base or not installed).

There are a multitude of hypothesis regarding why the plants were totally removed. A slim possibility is that a UFO landed on this spot and the government came in and removed everything for testing. Farfetched, but I guess I could argue that it is possible, though this theory is not probable, and it would be a stretch to call it logical.

We shouldn't be rude when somebody offers up an explanation concerning events we are not directly involved, but remember that the best hypothesis explains all of the available information, and Bamboo fungus and hypothesized preventive maintenance doesn't explain the removal of poles and other pieces of information.

It is possible there was both a problem with bamboo fungus, and with pole falling over, and they just so happened to "fix" both of these problems at the same time, but I guess again were talking about was is merely possible, vs. what is probable.

Pixiedustmaker

how often do you see Disney plant a sapling in a spot meant for a full tree?/quote]

Very true, as Disney mostly plants trees that pretty good sized, and I would guess that most of the trees planted FLE had been growing for years in large pots, or were even transplanted. When plants are replaced in the parks, they often use fairly good sized trees as it would be a problem with show, though I have seen some small little shrubs planted, but they aren't meant to grow tall and form a hedge

G00fyDad

The Yeti is fine just the way she is.

Yikes.
2lawm89.gif

Maerj

I always thought that they should have your train go into a village and let the secret of the mountain be that there isn't just one Yeti but many. Have a bunch of them pop up throughout the village and ride. I know they don't want to spend the money but it would enhance the experience.

thelookingglass

WHEW!!! Crisis averted! Okay, everyone put down your "bamboo" pitchforks and resume you're rabble-rousing with your "Yeti" pitchforks. :)
Ehh, I wouldn't put them down just yet. This thread peaked my interest, so when I rode today, I looked closely at the landscape. You can still very much see the train building and concrete wall, though it does look much better than the pictures in the OP. The rest of trip on the way to the large lift still has many totally bare spots, others are mostly bare but with a few new shrubs. Though, it looks like the rest is being prepared for new landscaping to be put in. It just isn't done yet.

It should look okay when they finish this, but its a shame because before all of it was cut down, that fully grown bamboo was really lush and gave the illusion of going through a dense jungle. It also prevented you from seeing the first lift from the second, and enclosed the double helix portion which is now totally visible.

Oh well, at least they're addressing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom