How long has Expedition Everest looked like this?

OKWBamaJim

LOL! And I thought the nieghbors yard up the street looked bad......

I am with the person who said "Extreme Makeover"...waiting on someone to yell for them to MOVE THAT BUS!! LOL!!

-Bama Jim

G00fyDad

I always thought that they should have your train go into a village and let the secret of the mountain be that there isn't just one Yeti but many. Have a bunch of them pop up throughout the village and ride. I know they don't want to spend the money but it would enhance the experience.

They won't fix one Yeti. I can only imagine the debacle of a whole Yeti village. :confused:

Rose&Crowner

That yet he is fine and all but I'd rather have the screeching Aldburg Eagle thing at the initial backwards dropped to be reinstated more than anything

Rose&Crowner

I just came in to say that Peatree that was cut down on the island in the seven seas Lagoon now lives at the entrance of expedition Everest

wannab@dis

The Yeti is fine just the way she is.
No, I don't believe it is. It should be fixed, or at least, some decent show adjustment until it can be fully fixed. If it's true they will need the attraction down for a long period to get it fixed correctly, then something should be done in the meantime. I think they could spend some effort to "set" the AA in a menacing pose, add some theatrical lighting and loud sound effects for a better show.

As for the bamboo missing in action, I'm glad to see they have it fixed now.

StupidJudy

Why can't they transplant some trees from other areas of the property to cover it up somewhat, at least until the new bamboo grows in? Isn't that what they originally did with all the trees in the park anyway?

StupidJudy

Ok, you all seem to going a little too far in the complaining. If it had been clear cut and left barren I could understand, but the new plants are in place and growing. This is no different than when a new park opens and the foliage just hasn't grown in. How long was the Magic Kingdom like this before it's foliage filled in the gaps? Sometimes you all seem to complain out of pure boredom, pathetic.
The Disney that Walt wanted to create was one that took you out of the real world and put you into a fantasy land. That is why he picked Florida for Disney World; Disneyland was being boxed in by "real world" places that took away from the magic. This is not what he Walt would have wanted; this is not part of his vision. I don't think that it's going too far to complain about something like that.

Clever Name

No, I don't believe it is. It should be fixed, or at least, some decent show adjustment until it can be fully fixed. If it's true they will need the attraction down for a long period to get it fixed correctly, then something should be done in the meantime. I think they could spend some effort to "set" the AA in a menacing pose, add some theatrical lighting and loud sound effects for a better show.
They have done all that can reasonably be done to solve the problem. The next step would be to raze the attraction and start over and that doesn't make sense.

RSoxNo1

Why can't they transplant some trees from other areas of the property to cover it up somewhat, at least until the new bamboo grows in? Isn't that what they originally did with all the trees in the park anyway?
Just put planters in front of it. They do that for everything else.

wannab@dis

Reality is not always kind.
I'm going to agree with you on this point.

The reality is the Yeti is not functioning as it should be. But, the reality is also that DAK does not have enough E tickets to take EE offline for a long period to fix the Yeti. One issue, the Yeti being broken, is a reality that I don't believe can be blamed on anyone. Maybe more testing should have been done. I don't know. But, not having enough attractions to handle EE being offline is the fault of management. I can't blame them for not wanting EE offline for weeks or months to fix the Yeti. But I can find fault for not investing in at least one or two other major attractions so they can take attractions offline for a lengthy fix. Honestly the same can be said of the Studios. Both of these parks need at least one, if not two, more major attractions so the lack of a singular attraction does not create such a hole in the experience.

That being said, I also understand budgets are a necessary evil. The past decade has seen lopsided investment at WDW, with less on attractions and more on infrastructure and resorts. I know I've seen several instances reported, and know people personally, that wanted to get reservations, but were not able to find rooms at specific resorts. Of course, that normally happens during peak times. With the recent additions, hopefully that issue will be rectified and attractions will be getting more investments in the coming years. I think we're seeing that trend, if not at least started, then rumored. I truly hope that the Yeti is restored to his original glory once another attraction is opened at DAK.

WDW is a mammoth resort that takes a lot of investment and, of course, it needs to be spread out so the capital expeditures doesn't negatively affect the bottom line. I'm accused of wearing rose-colored glasses by several, but I think the opposite is just as true. Some need to take off their jaded glasses and understand the bottom line is just that, the bottom line. It's a business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom