How long has Expedition Everest looked like this?

The Empress Lilly

The Toad soundstage (present day Poo) as it was build by golden era WED. Just a blank grey wall on two sides, back then unblocked by a restaurant and a m&G. 'Hidden out of sight' with just a little mole hill of leftover building soil with a few young saplings planted on top.

TeaCupsUncoveredHub.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Toad soundstage (present day Poo) as it was build by golden era WED. Just a blank grey wall on two sides, back then unblocked by a restaurant and a m&G. 'Hidden out of sight' with just a little mole hill of leftover building soil with a few young saplings planted on top.

next time the company builds an entire theme park, road network, and 3 resorts all at the same time.. we'll give them some slack for not being able to give full attention to perfection in screening ;) But for regular upkeep, they should know better.

But this is also the same company that no longer screened the construction area in POTC.. so I would say the idea that 'it will only be for a little bit..' is becoming acceptable practice in the company.

The MaD Hatter

When I was there on 09/26, the backstage area was clearly visible from the load platform. A few wispy bamboo stalks in the way, but not nearly enough
Yep, that about sums it up. I was there today and it actually looks worse than it did a month ago. It's not nearly as lush now as the pic on page 8 of this thread. I don't see how that's possible unless they took a machete to it again, but that's what I saw.

Pixiedustmaker

Yep, that about sums it up. I was there today and it actually looks worse than it did a month ago. It's not nearly as lush now as the pic on page 8 of this thread. I don't see how that's possible unless they took a machete to it again, but that's what I saw.

The plants that they put in were good sized ones, and with transplanting anything, often times you get a "leaf drop", where by the plants lose leaves and look much less substantial weeks later. Not sure if this happens with bamboo, but it happens with pomegranates for sure. I thought that they used pomegranates and were going for a pomegranate hedge here, couldn't tell from the photo though.

Not saying this is what happened, I'd have to look at some before and after pictures to be sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom