How long has Expedition Everest looked like this?

The Duck

I meant that it was quick since the photos posted by the OP on Tuesday showed almost no vegetation at all. Certainly the bamboo didn't grow back in 4 days...
Perhaps an overnight transplant of mature bamboo? I'm just glad that the building is screened off again.

Victor Kelly

ToL, is steel and concrete. I am not gonna buy the bamboo was going to fall. I know bamboo can be very invasive and aggressive. Maybe it was expanding too much? But, I will have to agree that the ability to see backstage like that is really bad show. I will wait and see how this resolves itself in the coming months and years.

Magikal

I noticed this last week. It completely ruins the show and the whole notion that you're supposed to be in the Himalayas or at the least somewhere in Asia! Bad show, TDO! Also, I rode E:E twice, and the the first time didn't even see the Yeti.
Neither did we! Either time! What's up with no Yeti? We were there during the Isaac scare too.

WDWBryan

this is what has been put back
A2ON9RHCQAAitvH.jpg:large

still can kinda see the building ;)

Tom Morrow

I hope its not done, it could use a few more plants to block the building and concrete wall. Also I hope they don't stop here and re-landscape the rest of the ride (it wasn't just this small area that was "shaved").

But agreed, it looks 100 times better already.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think that this might be closer to the actual reason. As I was researching bamboos growth rate I noticed that bamboo has a lifespan of around 7 years before it starts to succumbs to fungus. When was Everest constructed because this could be routine maintenance to ensure the foliage remains healthy.

The length people will go to defend moves like this still never ceases to amaze me. In your world.., Disney is being so proactive... Why didn't they think of something to actually obstruct the view in the interim?? Or how often do you see Disney plant a sapling in a spot meant for a full tree?

'years from now the show will be back to what it used to be...'

Does anyone at least step back and take a fresh look at these theories before they post them? My 9yr old would see through these things

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ToL, is steel and concrete. I am not gonna buy the bamboo was going to fall. I know bamboo can be very invasive and aggressive. Maybe it was expanding too much? But, I will have to agree that the ability to see backstage like that is really bad show. I will wait and see how this resolves itself in the coming months and years.
It was a combination of bamboo, a work light on a tower, and Tree of Life.

Figment2005

The length people will go to defend moves like this still never ceases to amaze me. In your world.., Disney is being so proactive... Why didn't they think of something to actually obstruct the view in the interim?? Or how often do you see Disney plant a sapling in a spot meant for a full tree?

'years from now the show will be back to what it used to be...'

Does anyone at least step back and take a fresh look at these theories before they post them? My 9yr old would see through these things
So because I stated a logical reason to why Disney might have done what they did means I am defending them? Just because Disney clear cut a large section of foliage and didn't replace any to cover the backstage area doesn't mean my theory isn't correct.

Glasgow

By the very definition, there was bad show when they replaced the plants - fact. How you react to that is up to each individual person - people look at it in varying degrees. But to write it off completely is wrong. Now, the reasoning may be completely justified or the change may have been unavoidable, but you can't dispute the fact that show quality was a legitimate concern to AK mgmt, otherwise they wouldn't have put back full size trees to once again block the bldg. Carry on ..

BigThunderMatt

Stop over reacting about the ride vehicle building. Just about every roller coaster ride I have been on in my life u usually end up riding through those areas or next to them. It's just rediculous what you people complain about on here sometimes...

And the attitude that you have is why Disney gets away with this kind of crap. Thanks for letting them jack up prices and lower product quality.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So because I stated a logical reason to why Disney might have done what they did means I am defending them? Just because Disney clear cut a large section of foliage and didn't replace any to cover the backstage area doesn't mean my theory isn't correct.

It's not a logical reason because it only works if the decision maker is so advanced to premeditated the need to proactively do this... Yet is so ignorant of basic Disney operation that they don't know to complete the job. It's like expecting the guy to be a math genius for solving multidimensional calculus problems but you expect him not to do basic algebra.

And if this is premeditated and proactive work, it should not have been rushed, right? No emergency. And if that's true, why did they not have the te or ability to implement some sort of screening to replace what they were taking down.

If you are doing something proactively, you start when you are ready to complete the job... Not leave it half done because you didn't have the 'parts' to complete the job.

You theory doesn't hold up to any common sense. Especially since it assumes the company is actually acting proactively, inferring greater knowledge of the situation.

It's akin to saying... The guy knows he needs to change his car's oil regularly, so he is a hawk that changes the oil at 3k miles religiously. But he doesn't have his car this week because he drained his oil when his car hit 3k miles but he did not buy new oil yet.

Never mind the angle of all the other bamboo in the park not having to go through such replacement prior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom