How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

WIX

We have so many Mickey Mouse things in our house, where do I start . . .

I have 42 regular sized snowglobes of mainly the Fab Five . . . Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. They are in two large glass fronted cabinets.

I have about 60 miniature snowglobes that are packed away. I needed the space for my vast collection of WDCS sculptures.

We have a beautiful Mickey table in our living room that we recently purchased. It has etched Mickey heads with various faces on the top and the table is black.

We have two different sets of Mickey stoneware plates. Two different sets of Mickey Italian flatware. A Mickey tea kettle that is really cute. Silver Mickey salad bowl with silver Mickey hands as the thingies to serve the salad. Fab five coasters. Hundreds of pins . . . again mostly fab five.

My favorite is my 36 Mickey mouse watches . . . one for each day of the month and then some. Yes, I wear a different one each and every day.

Too many others to mention. What can I say, it is an obsession . . .

FanofDinsey1981

My office is disney-fied. The walls are "blue balloon" (from Home Depot Disney collection), the curtains match and have mickey's head all over them. The walls are covered with disney posters, and black and white photos I have taken over the years, lithographs and et. My desk has all disney desktop items (mickey and minnie), and there are two bookshelves covered in bobbleheads, photo frames, collectable items, etc. Oh, and I have frames with my pins leaning against the wall. All of my stuffed animals (disney, of course) are on either side of the tv. And the shelf under the TV houses all of my disney photo albums.

And in the closet, there are mickey covered boxes for storage, and nemo and friends are 'clinging' to the wall.

Oh, and there is a mickey quilt rack that has my mickey mouse club blanket. I have a HUGE nemo floor pillow, as well as a mickey pillow and an alice in wonderland pillow.

My DH says "it's like Walt threw up in here".

He also says "it is a bit obsessive". I call it one heck of a disney collection. :)

Vernonpush

I have a framed WDW lithograph from 2006 hanging in my dining room, along w/ a picture of Mickey & Minnie riding Dumbo.
I have silver tin shaped like Mickey on my baker's rack. We got it in a gift that we purchased our kids on our trip last summer.
I have a photo of Cinderella Castle on my night stand.
My children have framed pictures of the sorcerer's hat at MGM, Cinderella Castle, & Cinderella's Carousel in their rooms.
We have set of WDW shot glasses that we purchased last summer w/ the 4 parks on them.I have a photo of all of us in front of Cinderella Castle in our living room.
I also have a Disney Princess calendar on my desk.
:D :wave:
Those are toothpick holders (didn't you look on the tag?)! Wink Wink:lol:

mouselvrmom

I do have a lot of disney stuff around the house, mainly framed lithographs and the decorative frames they sell in the parks. I also have a disneyland stained glass lamp that I really love. Probably the most disney decorated room is my bathroom. I have gotten a lot of comments from people about how that room should be more grown up, but when I walk in there and see mickey, it makes me smile.

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

3fordisney

Our house has Disney elements throughout. However, nothing like these pictures. I love the bathroom!! I'd love to that! Our office is half Disney and half University of Alabama. My mailbox is Alabama. I told my husband he is lucky it wasn't Mickey Mouse. With the red, I could very easily change it to Mickey during the summer months!

On the other hand, my car is Disney. I have a Mickey trailer hitch cover, Mickey anntenna topper, and a pink Disney Princess plate on the front. Needless to say, my husband, also a Disney fanatic, will remove the princess plate when he drives my car solo. :lookaroun Everyone who knows me knows my car by its decor and we are easy to spot around town. I don't care! I love it!:dazzle: :dazzle: Now that football season is around the corner, I'll have to change it all to bama stuff. But come the first of the year, Mickey will be back on!!

barbara

My extra bedroom is my Mickey room.Tons of framed Disney pictures on the wall, a Mickey TV, stuffed Mickey's, Disney Pillows, Disney McDonald Toys on shelfs, large corkboard painted with Disney Movies around the frame,with Disney maps, tickets, lanyards, pencils, etc. I collect Barbie's also, so I have all my Disney Barbies on a shelf, Disney videos for the kids to watch. Mickey phone, anything I get Mickey goes into that room. I'll have to take a pic of it for you all.

marksniles

Oh gee where do I start:
My office: I have a purple office that has a two tone stripped effect. and on every other stripe are profiles of Mickey's head. His tow gloves are hidden somewhere in the walls. There are over 250 Mickey's just on the walls! I have one of those huge Mickey statues they sell in the parks in this room. I also have two Lion Kings Masks, a Haunted Mansion Snowglobe, A mickey phone, a HUGE blowup Mickey chair, Framed Disney stock, several small disney figurines, a hidden mickey portrait a friend and I painted, two framed blueprints of two of my favorites rides (Horizons and SSE), and Mickey handles on the closet.

I have a Mickey Bathroom with a Mickey mirror and towel rack holder, four close ups of something from each of the four parks (guests have to guess what they are while they are in there), and several photogrpahs of Illuminations on the wall. and a Mickey clock.

In the stained glass around the front door there is a hidden mickey in the glass. (This is the paintable stain glass).

I have a Disney breakfast room. Above each of the doors are each of these words, DREAM, CREATE, IMAGINE. Above the IMAGINE word I have the print of Walt walking with Mickey hand in hand through everything that has been created by him.

I created an Art Gallery feeling to my family room. With prints that cover the 16'8" walls. I also have a mickey mirror on one of the walls and when the lights are turned on it case several hidden mickey's on the walls.

Even outside I have created a mickey head shaped garden that surrounds our deck and I have several Mickey stepping stones that lead up to the deck. I also have Tinker Bell lanterns that illuminate us at night.

I think that's it! If anyone wants any pics let me know. It might be awhile since I'm leaving for WDW on this Sat. (8/4) Won't be back again until the 17th.

Have a Magical DAy!
Mark:sohappy:

FightingChicken

CIMG1841.JPG

Hope that works.. because I may take the cake in this catagory. That is my office. :eek:

Haha! That is simply brilliant. No joke, I swear that's the coolest idea for a wall I've ever seen in my entire life. Plus it's perfect for an office-type setting . . . with the meditation and whatnot. Clever!

Ducky_Love

AMAZING!! Did you do that yourself? I'm impressed.

No, the previous owner did them. I fell in love the second I walked in the door. Also, one wall of my bedroom is Jasmine's palace and I have the stained glass window of BaTB from Kingdom Hearts painted on my kitchen wall.

... We won't even talk about the living room.

Lots of people think it is cool but say they couldn't live in it. I totally love it! It is like living in one big Disney movie!!

So there you go. Any time you guys feel crazy for your Disney stuff... think of my Disney HOUSE!! :eek:

Since1976

I intend to Disney-fy the living area of with some of the more subtle decor and furniture available out there. You know, like tables with Mickey heads carved out of them. Classy, elegant, and easy to miss if you're not looking too closely.

The basement and kids' rooms will be decked out a bit more extravagantly.

SewIn2Disney

Ummm....my room is only a little Disney-fied

Here's my desk (which isn't really used as a desk anymore---)

Here's the wall to the right of my desk:

Here's one corner of my room. That bookcase is strictly WDW books.....and some of them aren't there (they're packed in my suitcase for when I go in 3 days)

SewIn2Disney

oh but wait! There's more:
Here's another shot of that same corner. Notice the silouettes in the right hand corner---I have one from every trip since 1988, framed, and going across my dresser.

The Top bunk of my bed is all Mickey stuffed animals. I have over 500 of them.....some are in other parts of my room though. (the bottom part of my bed has mickey sheets, comforter and 9 different mickey pillowcases)

More stuff of shelves. That second closet on the right is where I keep my Potato Head Collection. I also designed and sewed that flag that's hanging on the closet door.

And speaking of my Potato Head collection---here's a shot of it on display in our local library:

These two cases were only about half of my collection---I could have easily filled 5 cases.
I'd love to build some glass cases like that so they can be on display all of the time, but I think Ive run out of room in my bedroom....lol

Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom