How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

slowbee

It's a thread to compare notes... lol

we have a china cabinet full of the disney stuff from our wedding, cake top, knife set, invitations, etc...

Our guest bedroom we refer as the Disney Room. Lithographs on the walls from the 'pre-order' DVD's over the years. Bathroom has the Mickey Parts shower curtain along with the sink parts for the soap.. etc. Still waiting to get the bed spread for that room..

Our computer room contains two of the 'Rockwell' prints that you find at the Art of Disney... and two drawn Mickey's we picked up at the same store. And we have three of the WDW picture frames on the wall from each of our last three vacations... I love those black vacation picture frames.

Kitchen has a 4 piece plate set up on a shelf... plus the usual mickey dishes here and there.

The biggest Mickey thing will be when I complete my basement later this year (about 60% done - finally finished the drywalling.. whoo hoo). The front of my bar will have some hidden mickeys that will be back lit.. I'm hoping it turns out as well as I hope it does...

disneyaks

how you have disney-fied your own home

well I gotta tell you there are some impressive collections.While i know there are plenty of collections far more impressive than my moms collection.She has her entire house absolutely over run with disney if i knew how to post them i would give you guys some pics but I will tell you they have several pieces of mickey furniture from when lane furn. co. had the license with wdw.they also have over 100 mickey watches and approx. 300 pins They also have several disney lennox items she has a big roll of mickey fabric that she uses to recover various chairs and stools.I have always wanted to call some kind of collectors show and share the immense collection they have .I cant begin to tell you all that they have.

Laura

I've posted some pics before, but I can post them again since we moved into another house a couple weeks ago. I've got Mickey Mouse EVERYWHERE in my house, but it's so subtle people don't notice it until I point it out.

My front door is decorated with a Mickey welcome mat
179979215-L.jpg

And a door knocker
179979264-L.jpg

Over my stairs is a picture I took of each of the park icons and Mickey in the middle
171289224-L.jpg

You can see my Mickey coat rack in the back of this pic and my Mickey hand spoon rest
172526831-L.jpg

Mickey mirror over the piano
171288087-L.jpg

Hard to tell in the pic, but the 3 pictures on the black shelf are all in Mickey frames and they are all pictures I took at Disney World, and on the end table is a Mickey clock and a steel Mickey basket that I use to hold my remote controls.
174398461-L.jpg

Talking Mickey lamp on the other end table (collage of pics on the wall are all from WDW)
174398390-L.jpg

Then my Disney Precious Moments figurines, with a Mickey frame in the middle holding a pic of my daughter in mouse ears, with a Mickey sconce on either side, and below are 2 more Mickey frames with more pics from WDW. Also Disney DVD Bingo in the cabinet that I just noticed LOL.
174398323-L.jpg

Bad pic of our small, but growing magnet collection in the upstairs hallway
172627139-L.jpg

Then my son has all the Disney picture frames on his desk (we take a pic of the kids in the same spot on every trip and frame them - they've been 7 times now), all the Disney stuffed animals are up in the corner, Disney lithograph over the armoire, and a shelf of small collectible Disney items and mouse ears over his bed.
171288084-L.jpg

I think that's most of it.

Nothing compared to SewintoDisney's collection. DAYUM!

YankeeMouse

My small kitchen was painted by my sister and artist niece with Snow White flowers and vines on the walls and ceiling, and a mural of the woods and 7 Dwarfs cottage. No characters, but if you look closely, you'll see a pick axe and a pair of dwarf shoes by the front door.

cb3k

SewIn2Disney....Aren't you worried that all of those dolls may come to life one night and overthrow you and the rest of your family? All joking aside, that is pretty impressive...I would assume that room is no longer a functioning liveable "Room", more of a massive display case?

FanofDinsey1981

Then my son has all the Disney picture frames on his desk (we take a pic of the kids in the same spot on every trip and frame them - they've been 7 times now), all the Disney stuffed animals are up in the corner, Disney lithograph over the armoire, and a shelf of small collectible Disney items and mouse ears over his bed.
171288084-L.jpg

I think that's most of it.

Nothing compared to SewintoDisney's collection. DAYUM!

Hm, that paint looks a lot like mine. Is it from the Home Depot Disney collection as well (possibly called blue baloon?!).

Laura

Hm, that paint looks a lot like mine. Is it from the Home Depot Disney collection as well (possibly called blue baloon?!).

Couldn't tell ya! We just moved in and that's the color the room was when we bought the house (worked out really good too since it matched my son's bedding and decor to the T!)

mouselvrmom

Laura, I like how you decorated your house!

I just thought it was funny that we have the same front door mat, even down to the S. :lol:

Tiggerfanatic

It's a thread to compare notes... lol

Our computer room contains two of the 'Rockwell' prints that you find at the Art of Disney... and two drawn Mickey's we picked up at the same store. And we have three of the WDW picture frames on the wall from each of our last three vacations... I love those black vacation picture frames.

Yes - I have one of those, too, from our last trip. My only regret was the dumba$$ attack I had in not buying 3 more when I was down there for our old trip photos, too. Oh, well, that's on the list for next time. (Thank goodness for home shipping!!)

Since1976

I've posted some pics before, but I can post them again since we moved into another house a couple weeks ago. I've got Mickey Mouse EVERYWHERE in my house, but it's so subtle people don't notice it until I point it out.

Your house is as clean and neat as mine is dirty and disheveled.

hcswingfield

We have bits and pieces of Disneyfication here and there all the time, but we go all out when we decorate for Christmas. I'll have to post some photos this year.

Laura

I would love a welcome mat and door knocker for our front door. Where did you find these????

Just keep checking Disneystore.com. I got almost all the Disney decor in my house at the same time and paid $400 total for all of it including shipping back in January. Everything was about $5-$10 on super clearance.

wcj1968

At their age (or any other) it wouldn't have been my choice either. My youngest is now 7 and I built the bed for her as a Christmas present when she was 4. Later that year we took her on her first trip to the world. As we walked through the tunnel and out into main street, she looked up and me and said "Daddy it's my bed!!!". Gotta love it.

lilclerk

At their age it wouldn't have been my choice either. My youngest is now 7 and I built the bed for her as a Christmas present when she was 4. Later that year we took her on her first trip to the world. As we walked through the tunnel and out into main street, she looked up and me and said "Daddy it's my bed!!!". Gotta love it.

That must have been so sweet and such a cool moment for her =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom