How do you make your ADRs?

How do you make your ADRs?

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • By Phone

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters

WDW 3

Last trip I made them online. I only made two (LeCellier & 50's) for a week long trip so it was easy. We are happy cruising the parks and stopping when and where we want rather than planning our parks & meals months in advance. Luckily Flame Tree, Peco Bills, Season and some others make us happy:)

belle_1022

My DH loves waiting and calling the day of. Something about speaking with a CM after being on hold with WDW music that gets him. Last trip we made one or two online and it was easy.

bamillerpa

We always book them online. I like being able to see what's available and the times without feeling like I need to rush and make a decision because someone is on the line waiting for an answer. I know that the operators are great and don't rush you but I feel bad when I take too much time. Plus, I don't have to ask what else is available and what about this time and then have them switch everything around. I need to see the options on my laptop so I can decide what will work best for us.

PeoplemoverTTA

I hadn't been on a trip since the online option became available, but finally got to use it last week after booking my 30th birthday trip in October. I LOVE how convenient it is, and the email confirmation. I'll definitely be using that from now on.

A bit OT, we're going to the Kona Cafe for my birthday breakfast...I've always wanted to try the Tonga Toast and I'm looking forward to drinking something other than Nescafe...so excited! :sohappy:

HouCuseChickie

Online wasn't available for our previous trips (at least not that we knew of), so we always booked same day or did walk up. I used to love video phone booking dinner upon entering Epcot. For our upcoming trip I had to do both online and by phone. While I love the convenience of the online booking, it put me in such a good mood to be told to "have a Magical Day" by the CM on the other end of the phone... and considering I was calling at 6am CT- that happiness lasted quite a while. :)

mouselvrmom

I love doing them myself online. That way I can keep checking back for times that I would rather have and not feel like I have to bother a CM about it.

pluto77

This is the first time I am making ADR's for myself, and I did them online. It just seemed much easier that way. That way you can look for yourself to see what times are available, and you don't have to have the CM on the phone look a bazillion times for you.

Of course if you are on top of things and make ADR's the first day you can, then you may not have that problem so much....

durangojim

I find that doing it online is so much easier now that they revamped the site. It's really quite excellent. The only time I'll call someone to make an ADR is if we're in the parks and want to get an ADR for that day.

LowesChevy

I do enjoy calling WDW, but I feel that the online adr system is less stressfull for me. Then at the end you get the printouts of all of the adrs and times instead of having to write them down.

djpoore94

The last few trips we have done them online. DH and I each have our own laptops so we can double team and usually get everything we want.

djpoore94

That's how we do it too! Makes getting the tough places easier!

It sure does make it easier! We just take our list and call out which one we're working on so we don't try for the same ones. One other thing we learned the hard way is to "check out" after each reservation. It makes for a lot more confirmation emails, but you can go back later and get a page with all of your ressies on it. The first time we used the online system, we put all of our ressies in our cart, but then when we went to check out a couple of them were no longer available and we had to find other choices :brick:

worldfanatic

I held out for a while. But finally did them online for my upcoming trip.
How completely easy and faultless it was.
I'm sold on ONLINE!:D Never going back!

Fashionista007

I have never been on the basic dining plan before, I have only done the quick service. We of course are on the basic plan now because of the special :) I'm not a big itinerary planner, when I go to WDW I like to be spontaneous. What are your recommendations on ADR's? If I don't make them, will it be a problem? We're staying at the AKL, can I use the concierge to make reservations on a daily basis while we're there?

If we do not end up using all of our table service meals, can we switch it for a quick service? I doubt this will happen but it's good to have the information :animwink:

Tomi-Rocket

phoned it in....

I have always called for our ADR's. Last year it was possible to make them online but I was still skeptical. But I tried, in vain, to change an ADR online for months just hoping there would be an opening for Le Cellier. (No luck.) Next year I am going to make them online though. I just wanted to make sure there were no "technical problems" for folks making their ADR's online. Onward and upward. Although, I have to say each time I really enjoyed the CM's I spoke to and made ADR's and conversations with. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom