How do YOU deal with that rude park guest?

StarWarsGirl

I'm so sorry. I do not miss high school whatsoever and this was one of the big points.
Thanks. I've only got 3 more weeks, though. Graduating. Also have terrible Senioritis;) You should go down to the land of Chit Chat and read what happened yesterday (under Lack of Common Sense)...if you haven't already that is.

openendedsky

Thanks. I've only got 3 more weeks, though. Graduating. Also have terrible Senioritis;) You should go down to the land of Chit Chat and read what happened yesterday (under Lack of Common Sense)...if you haven't already that is.
Will do! I'm supposed to be studying for a test but it's almost all of the same material as my midterm and frankly just don't care to look anymore.

StarWarsGirl

Will do! I'm supposed to be studying for a test but it's almost all of the same material as my midterm and frankly just don't care to look anymore.
Ugh, I know the feeling. I need to study for an AP economics test, but I only got home 30 minutes ago and have not had a break for 6 hours straight (no, not even lunch, I worked through that period), so I've given myself a time limit on here before going back to work.

draybook

Good luck! I just took the first of four finals last night. I have two more tomorrow, and then the last one on Friday. Feels weird, seeing as how it's been about 18 years since I was in high school.

DfromATX

OK, what annoys me (only a little I guess) is when I am in the queue walking to the ride, at a normal pace mind you, and others -usually kids- practically mow me down and run past me. I am not an old lady, but EXCUSE ME for not running to my ride! o_O I don't usually say anything though. I chalk it up to kids being excited.

openendedsky

Good luck! I just took the first of four finals last night. I have two more tomorrow, and then the last one on Friday. Feels weird, seeing as how it's been about 18 years since I was in high school.
I took a year off from school and it was well needed. I'm doing better than ever, but it's not over yet! Good luck to you as well.

THPFanatic

My mom and I were once paying for our breakfast at Captain Cook's. My mother and I were almost done checking out when the cashier noticed something that would help us save some money. She suggested my family pay together, and we called the rest of my family over.

The way the cash register works at Captain Cook's is occasionally confusing. I've posted a picture below. The guests line up on either side of the cash registers, and the cashiers assist the next person on line alternating sides. The below image is from MagicalKingdoms.com in case you need a visual
captain-cooks-wdw-polynesian4.JPG

A woman had started lining up behind my mom and I before the cashier suggested we called our family over. She was a southern woman with a sweet looking little girl. Unfortunately, the mother was awfully rude. She kept standing behind us saying things like "Oh for the love of manners!" and telling her daughter how rude we were being, how some people (my family) were never taught manners, and how God has blessed her with tons of manners but a little patience. The daughter was being adorable in all of this asking if she could share her patience with her mom, but the mom kept continuing to be loudly obnoxious and awful behind my mom and I. Since she decided to move right behind us and stay there (and incorrectly line up!), she missed her turn with the other cashier. She could have been paid and eating if she had just followed the line the way it was supposed to be instead of standing behind my family loudly insulting us.

We ignored her and made sure we took even longer with our transaction. :)

Is that a real place on property? I've never even heard of it.

Monkee Girl

I've had good experiences and bad like everyone. I try not to let it bother me too much. I am on vacation after all and shouldn't let stress ruin it for me. So I don't care about smokers; not my job to regulate them. Photos on rides: if there is a sign on the ride saying no photos, it should be enforced. Again though, not my job. Can't recall an issue with line cutters really. At least, nothing that I have ever been concerned about to the point of complaining. And parades? If I need to see it, I get there early enough and sit on the curb. People can't cut in front of you that way so I'm gold.

I think my major pet peeve and that's for anywhere, not just Disney, is people traffic. There is one part of a Disney park I do my absolute best to avoid at all costs and that's that Pixar Place in the Studios. I don't know why but it's always the most congested - most annoying place in all The World. It's like people forget how to walk! And no one gets out of the way for you. They stop in the middle of the road to look at a map (please move to the side! :() And Disney puts the green army men out in the middle of the street! There is barely enough room to walk; to waste space for a meet and greet line is redonkulous! And those little devil brats screaming and running all over the place with no supervision....er...I mean those charming little angels who are excited to see woody and buzz...and not realizing they are running in front of people...:rolleyes: I'll take 100 non stop rides through "It's A Small World" as long as I don't have to go down that darn alley. Anyway...yea...those slow, taking their time strollers bug me too. If it's 7am and no one is in the park, by all means, stroll to your heart's content. But if it's 3am and the park is packed, please stay with the flow of traffic, it's rude to hold others up. I experienced this in New York last week, and we were under the scaffolding so there was NO WHERE to go...OMG.

Anyway, the way I handle it. I just mind my own business and try and stay away from the crowds. I don't go on Main Street during firework time or try to leave right after. And as I said before, if I do want to see the parades, I get there early and get a spot on the curb. I don't sit against the walls or sit back because then that invites anyone to sit up front in 'free space.' However, I am not a hog. I will move over if I need to to make room for others.

This past trip, I had two wonderful families I sat next too during the Parades. The first was on Easter Sunday. I had been waiting years...YEARS for the Easter Parade. The last time I saw it was during my Senior trip in 2000. So I sat on the curb and didn't move just to watch the pre parade. A family walked by and asked what everyone was waiting for. They were new to the whole Disney experience, I believe. I told them The Easter pre-parade and the regular character parade was going to start in about 5 minutes. I then told them they should check it out because it was the only day they were going to do it. So they hung out with me. There were 2 teenage girls and they were absolutely adorkable.:p I think they were more exited to see the characters than I was. They even asked me to take a picture of the two of them so I obliged.

The second experience, on the same trip, I came to the park for one of the 2am closing nights and came about 10 minutes before the second electrical parade. The curbs were a plenty so I said 'I'll hang and watch." Then a family of 5 came by, husband, wife, and 3 adorable little girls dressed in princess costumes. I think it was 2 Snow Whites and a Rapunzel. I think they may have been from England. The space next to me where they chose to sit was a little smaller and the one girl bumped right into me and was almost snuggled against me when she sat. I laughed while the parents apologized and I move over and inch so she had room. They were so excited. I think it was their arrival day and they had just came to the park to check it out. So, the parade starts and they were just thrilled and they were getting so much attention!. They stood when Snow White walked by so she could see their costumes and she bowed to them, Pete saw them and said "Look Elliot, 3 princesses!" and even Lampwick saw them and did the "I'm watching you!" gesture with his hands. They did it right back. I was so happy for them and I didn't even know them! lol

Anyway, I don't go to Disney with the defensive driver attitude. I go with the mind set of meeting new people and enjoying things with fellow fans. Yea, there are times I get peeved but it's not so much so that it ruins my trip. Just don't stop in front of me when I'm walking, lol:cool:

Goofnut1980

I think the iPad photography is down right funny! Who the heck wants to walk around with a monster, un-easy to hold, iPad??

Next for me is parents on a mission with strollers... Dude?! Seriously, did you have to run over my feet so your kid could get in line 13 seconds before everyone else? What gives?

Or: Please watch where you are headed and not where you came from with that thing. lol

DfromATX

My mom and I were once paying for our breakfast at Captain Cook's. My mother and I were almost done checking out when the cashier noticed something that would help us save some money. She suggested my family pay together, and we called the rest of my family over.

The way the cash register works at Captain Cook's is occasionally confusing. I've posted a picture below. The guests line up on either side of the cash registers, and the cashiers assist the next person on line alternating sides. The below image is from MagicalKingdoms.com in case you need a visual
captain-cooks-wdw-polynesian4.JPG

A woman had started lining up behind my mom and I before the cashier suggested we called our family over. She was a southern woman with a sweet looking little girl. Unfortunately, the mother was awfully rude. She kept standing behind us saying things like "Oh for the love of manners!" and telling her daughter how rude we were being, how some people (my family) were never taught manners, and how God has blessed her with tons of manners but a little patience. The daughter was being adorable in all of this asking if she could share her patience with her mom, but the mom kept continuing to be loudly obnoxious and awful behind my mom and I. Since she decided to move right behind us and stay there (and incorrectly line up!), she missed her turn with the other cashier. She could have been paid and eating if she had just followed the line the way it was supposed to be instead of standing behind my family loudly insulting us.

We ignored her and made sure we took even longer with our transaction. :)

"Oh for the love of manners!" I like that, I'm gonna have to remember that one! LOL

EOD K9

A little passive-aggressive behavior goes a long way. We once had a group of teenage girls skip us in line with the encouragement of their adult giggling chaperone. I'm now more asssertive now and would say something, but I didn't want to get in a fight so I spend the rest of the time in the queue "accidentally" stepping on said chaperone's bare heels. "Oh, I am so sorry! Did I step in your heel? Ouch! My bad!" I am sure she felt that for the rest of the trip.

I will also step on the toes of anyone I have to crawl over because the must sit in the middle of the row of a full theater instead of moving all the way down as asked by the CMs repeatedly. I am so gonna get beat up one day.
In the off season, is it rude to sit in the middle when there are very few people? The CMs said to pick any seat so we did. We then had a few people who I guess are used to a full house, comment on how we were rude for sitting in the middle. Maybe you shouldnt have shown up late.

olinecoach61

I refuse to engage trolls while I'm on vacation in Disney. I've paid too much money and waited to long to let other people's issues bother me. That being said I hate to see parents screaming at their kids, or husbands and wives fighting, kills the magic.

SCB502

I don't think rudeness and stupidity should be ignored because that just perpetuates the problem. If you are 30 years old and have always gotten away with what you are doing you may not see it as wrong. If people started telling you from day one that what you are doing is wrong, maybe it would have stopped by now.
P.S. I've learned through experience to hate people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom