How can you people stand the parks in the summer?

wvdisneyfamily

Yes there is, its the cause of more trouble than any other issue in the world. Even tree hugging ones.

No, the cause of most trouble in the world is not the religion itself. The trouble stems from A) the people that use it as a rationale or basis for evil and B) the narrow-minded JERKS that throw-off on people for being religious or belonging to a religion.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No, the cause of most trouble in the world is not the religion itself. The trouble stems from A) the people that use it as a rationale or basis for evil and B) the narrow-minded JERKS that throw-off on people for being religious or belonging to a religion.

Thank you I rest the case for the prosecution.

Now do one. In an non denominational way of course.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I dont know, do they use bay leaves in Green Goddess salad dressing?

I dont fancy a salad made with green goddess, too smoky

wpc87116f5.jpg

wdwforus

We went last month for the 4th for 10 days and although it was hot I wouldnt say it was unbearable. My crew at work asked me why I was going when it was so hot and my response was hey, I am gonna be in shorts, relaxing, having fun and you guys are going to be sweating and p______ off. I dont think I would want to work in that weather, the meterologist one day said the heat index was 103 but the air temp is going to be as high as 95 in Maine tomorrow and humid so and I will be at work and I will be wishing the whole time I was back at the parks. What I tell the guys is hot is just a state of mind, think cool thoughts.

Dwarful

Ok, I just watched our 7 day weather forcast. It's going to hit right around 100 degrees every day for the next 7 days, highs 98 lows 93 (love that cool evening breeze!). So, personally, I'd rather be in Florida.

dopey

Wow. Um, not even close.

To be honest, I'm completely baffled by that thought. It's an ASCII text version of a waxing crescent moon / full moon / waning crescent moon.

Like this:
triple-goddess.png

The moon has long been associated with women and this symbol, thusly, is associated with the three aspects of the Goddess: Maid, Mother and Crone. It's a symbol of the Divine Feminine.

There's nothing "dirty" intended, nor was it ever meant to be viewed as some sort of joke or slight. Just a simple way of expressing something that's important personally without having to be political, preachy, pushy or anything else.

I'm sorry that it was concerning people and that it was apparently a source of confusion among posters. I'm not sure what else to say. This whole thing is really throwing me for a loop. I guess I never even remotely saw it as anything other than what it was since I knew what it represented!
-m

Hey, that's cool. I feel ya. I've been thinking of getting a Hekate tat for some time now. But there's no denying that the symbol is reminiscent of an a-hole. One of the great things about the gods was that they enjoyed a good laugh, usually at the expense of mortals but oftentimes amongst themselves. They were like )O(. Not like )I(. Besides, if you take a gander at all the male symbols throughout mythology, it doesn't take Freud to figure out they all have double meanings. :)

AEfx

I was down in June for SWW this year, and I had forgotten how bad it gets. I usually travel down 4-6 times a year, but usually never travel between mid-May and mid-September. I made the exception this year, but not again.

It's not just the horrible heat, as others have said there is plenty of A/C at Disney. And it helps sweat off the calories more, LOL. For me...it's the crowds. The awful, horrible crowds. Everywhere. When there is a line of people waiting to get into CoP, you know it's busy. I'd get to the parks 1/2 hour before opening, do what I could before it got unbearably hot and busy around lunch, then left most days until the night. Being there in the afternoon is useless - spending five or six hours in the horrid heat for the chance to ride 2-3 attractions.

I was solo, so I had tons of options. None of them were really feasable. I can easily spend a day just running around taking pictures, but between the heat and the crowds even that wasn't fun. I'm not saying I had a horrible time, as I get to go to Disney so often I didn't feel like I was "missing out", I honestly just felt bad for all the people around me on their big vacations and that this is the Disney World they were seeing. I usually keep very detailed trip reports, especially on solo trips, but I didn't this time. All it would have been was the 5-6 rides I managed to see each day and me complaining about the lines for everything.

I feel bad for those who must go during these times. It's utter baloney when people say "there is really no off season anymore". Disney resorts may be booked year-round, so financially Disney may not see much difference, but the parks are absolutely, certainly, no question not this busy during the rest of the year. I can usually see 6-8 attractions before lunch most of the rest of the year, and I didn't even see that many attractions in a whole day during the summer.

If one has the choice, it's a no-brainer, unless you enjoy 100 degree heat and wall-to-wall people. I really feel bad for those that don't have the choice, and pay premium prices "in season" to boot.

AEfx

Gig 'Em Mickey

Heat, schmeat.... Where I'm used to living you go to Florida to cool off. But really I just want to look at the avatar my wife made for us....

TP2000

Here I am in Orange County, California a few miles from Disneyland. It's one o'clock in the afternoon in early August, and the thermometer says it's 75 degrees. Low humidity. Not a cloud in the sky. Ocean breeze. I can see all the way to Catalina through the crystal clear sky. Have all the sliding glass doors wide open, without any threat of bugs or vermin because they don't exist here. Haven't had a drop of rain here in months. Won't rain here until at least November, maybe December. Another typical summer in SoCal. The kind of weather The Beach Boys wrote songs about.

I'm now remembering very vividly they way I felt when I lived in South Carolina and Virginia, and how I prayed that one day I could get back to the West Coast.

As this thread attests, I have no idea why/how people suffer through Florida summer weather and try to enjoy a Disney vacation. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom