How busy is too busy? How long are you willing to wait?

How long will you wait in line before walking away?

• 0-10 Minutes

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 10-20 Minutes

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • 20-30 Minutes

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • 30-40 Minutes

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 40-50 Minutes

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • 50-60 Minutes

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Over 60 Minutes

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

bubbles1812

Ill wait up to 30 minutes but I'd prefer it be closer to twenty. When I went three weeks ago I never waited more than 20 for any ride and got on all the E tickets multiple times. It's all about the fast pass... Which is why I hate fast pass+. Think will inhibit my ability to get more than a few per du when now I can get 5-7 if I'm in a park all day

HatboxGhost

20 minutes tops. If I see that there is a longer wait then I either get a FP or just come back later. I have been spoiled the last 3 times I went because I go during non peak times.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't get the claims of 'we never wait more than 25mins' or the like. What do you do when there is no waits like that in the parks? Just not do the attractions at all?

I was in DLR in Janurary.. and everything worth doing had a 30min wait or more. The only way to avoid the waits was get their first.. but you can't do that for every attraction.. or just not do the attractions at all.

nolatron

30mins is usually our limit for choosing to wait in line or not, especially with a 5yr old in tow. It sucks that a wait time under of 30mins is rarity it seems for many of the rides we like these days. Our trip on Feb 9-16, the average ride time was about 60 minutes. Soarin and test track was up to 2 hours. MK Mountains were over an hour. Heck, small word was over 30min one day and I've never seen that.

The massive crowds these days really do spoil the trip and the desire to go back anytime soon.

rsoxguy

I don't get the claims of 'we never wait more than 25mins' or the like. What do you do when there is no waits like that in the parks? Just not do the attractions at all?

I was in DLR in Janurary.. and everything worth doing had a 30min wait or more. The only way to avoid the waits was get their first.. but you can't do that for every attraction.. or just not do the attractions at all.

Fastpasses, parade times, typical lunch and dinner hours, early/late day hours, knowing which attractions are attacked by mobs at certain parts of the day, and finally, skipping an attraction altogether until the next time up. I am able to go many times in a year. Consequently, attractions with lines are not the only things on which to focus for me and my clan.

HatboxGhost

Go during non peak times. I cant see waiting longer than 20 minutes per ride. If you add up all the rides that you choose to go on and multiply that by 20-30 minutes per ride, your day is gone. Some people go on rides all day and thats what they want to do, myself, I would rather get a FP and go shopping, eat, see a show, parade, etc.

DfromATX

I will go 40 minutes for an E-ticket.

Do not ever believe the wait time indicator on Peter Pan though....I have wanted to eat my hat in that queue more than once!

In all my 3 trips to DW, we've only ridden Peter Pan once (due to the wait times). What is it about that ride that has such a long wait? I mean, it's not like it's Splash, Space, or even TOT, it's a kiddie ride!

plaz10

When we go during what we consider "slower" months - Beginning of May or September...we won't wait more than 20 minutes.

But when we go in March - it's going to be Spring Break. We expect HUGE crowds. So I'm sure we will extend our threshold to about 30-35 minutes for a major attraction. But we plan to get there super early and get the majors out of the way and then just mosey around/see shows/eat and use FP here and there. If I were waiting to ride The Little Mermaid or New Test Track - then I'd probably wait a bit longer since I've never done them

flynnibus

Premium Member
Fastpasses, parade times, typical lunch and dinner hours, early/late day hours, knowing which attractions are attacked by mobs at certain parts of the day, and finally, skipping an attraction altogether until the next time up

Certainly works for avoiding peaks - but when the average is well above people's tolerance posted here.. I don't see how they do anything for the 13-14 hrs in the middle of the day.

I know the trends.. I know how to ultize FP to my advantage... but when the lowest posted ride time is 40+mins for attractions.. you can't just do something at park opening and then wait for last rides. I can't get a FP for Mr Toad.. Alice.. etc. You either suck it up or skip them... which we did for Peter Pan.

It took THREE seperate tries to get in the Materhorn single rider line..

You either have to wait, or skip it. After a while it becomes ineffective to keep coming back later. You can't do it for everything..

Now my example was during a busy busy park day. But I look at like the people that used to boast 'we never get less than 40% off deluxes'... ok.. if you wrap your world around Disney and when they offer it.. ok. But if you want to go when you want to go.. you don't have such luxuries. So.. they don't apply to everyone.. I guess is where I'm going with that :)

JIMINYCR

30 minutes, the most if FP not in my pocket .... possibly stretching the wait a little bit longer if the line seems to be progressing steadily. Usually I carry something to read or have a video game to play to help occupy my time. Or strike up conversation with a friendly guest or family next to me. But any longer I move onto better looking choices. Hard enough to justify waiting 30 min for a 3 min ride.

luv

If you utilize FP and the first/last hours of the day, you can hit the big, popular stuff with little waiting. The other stuff gets plugged in as appropriate.

I suppose it also helps to go when it is least crowded and stay long enough to have enough mornings and nights to do it. :)

But I promise you that, barring something breaking down, it is totally possible. BTDT!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you utilize FP and the first/last hours of the day, you can hit the big, popular stuff with little waiting

When huge people eaters like HM and IASW still have 40+min waits past 11pm..

Trust me, I'm a park vet.. and I was so bummed that avoiding lines was futile. I'm not going to goto Disney and just shop from 10am to 11pm.. gotta suck it up and stand in line :) I mean if you only want to cherry pick and take whatever is the shortest line and let your ride selection be based on waits instead of interest.. I suppose you could stick to such a theory.. but if you want to ride the attractions when it's busy.. you gotta man up :/

mickey2008.1

We watch the boards and now will use the mickey experience app to get wait tines. We will just bouncevaround the prk we are in, if it's too crowded, just head back to the resort and chill, then go back after it gts less crowded. We don't find that the parks stay busy all, just certain hours We also avoid emh for the same reason, everyone goes to the emh park, we go to the other ones, especially at night time

MKCP 1985

The longest I ever waited was 90 minutes for Splash and I swore I'd never do it again . . . and I haven't. Certain attractions result in 60 minute waits at certain times on crowded days, including Rock n Roller Coaster and Toy Story Midway Mania at the studios. I will give them 45 minute waits and if it is longer, then I skip them. If no fastpass is available, too bad for me. Well, not really because there are other things to do.

For up to 45 minutes for the most elite of attractions, I can be entertained by the queue details or the music or whatever.

Patience has never been my virtue, but judging from some answers in this thread, I am not alone. :D

Genie of the Lamp

I voted for the 50-60 max. I don't mind waiting (even though you can argue these attractions aren't worth waiting this long) but if you say you won't wait longer than 25 min for an attraction, then all your doing is rushing to get to the next ride/ride as much as possible which can be fine with you folk but for me being that I go to the world once every 3-5 years, I want to be able to take in as much atmosphere as possible whether it's waiting in a line or just walking down MSUSA,etc. Yes, I understand I'm shelling $6k for a vacation like this, but you get what I mean. I just like to stroll through the parks and be spontaneous, not rush to this attraction then ride the next,etc. Cause let's say you use that mindset for the parks other than MK, your going to be bored and want to leave. I understand that WDW is the #1 tourist destination in the world as well, so there's always going to be a wait and if there isn't then it's a blue moon night or something.

copcarguyp71

In all my 3 trips to DW, we've only ridden Peter Pan once (due to the wait times). What is it about that ride that has such a long wait? I mean, it's not like it's Splash, Space, or even TOT, it's a kiddie ride!

In a word...Fastpass. This attraction suffers horribly by the standby line being constantly stopped to allow FP holders to board. Been that way forever and they never seem to get the clue that limiting FP for this ride would help.

HouCuseChickie

Maybe it's b/c many of our trips were pre FP, but I feel like I have a higher tolerance for this. I don't really start noticing the wait until about 30-40 min in...especially if the line moves, and it's not until we start hovering around an hour that it really starts to bug me. Of course a stationary or fairly stagnant line is a different story...show waits make our whole family nuts and the line for Soarin' even with a FP is pretty annoying since it stops a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom