How busy is too busy? How long are you willing to wait?

How long will you wait in line before walking away?

• 0-10 Minutes

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 10-20 Minutes

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • 20-30 Minutes

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • 30-40 Minutes

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 40-50 Minutes

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • 50-60 Minutes

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Over 60 Minutes

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

Goofyernmost

I used the 0-10 minute category because I see it as a two way thing. If I'm already in a line that is running beyond the time advertised, I usually will not leave it. It seems stupid to me. I have already invested time in the line that I don't want to lose. If the question were, and this is how I answered, at what point would I leave the line, it would be I would walk away before I got in the line, if it was more than a half hour posted time.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I used the 0-10 minute category because I see it as a two way thing. If I'm already in a line that is running beyond the time advertised, I usually will not leave it. It seems stupid to me. I have already invested time in the line that I don't want to lose. If the question were, and this is how I answered, at what point would I leave the line, it would be I would walk away before I got in the line, if it was more than a half hour posted time.

I see your logic Mr. Literal Question Interpreter.

rsoxguy

Now my example was during a busy busy park day. But I look at like the people that used to boast 'we never get less than 40% off deluxes'... ok.. if you wrap your world around Disney and when they offer it.. ok. But if you want to go when you want to go.. you don't have such luxuries. So.. they don't apply to everyone.. I guess is where I'm going with that :)

Agreed. Not every method works for every tourist or family. The things that I mentioned earlier work quite well for us, but we have the luxury of coming back another day. Now, if you're willing to trade a pinball machine for some advice on moving to South Florida and setting yourself up with weekend trips...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Agreed. Not every method works for every tourist or family. The things that I mentioned earlier work quite well for us, but we have the luxury of coming back another day. Now, if you're willing to trade a pinball machine for some advice on moving to South Florida and setting yourself up with weekend trips...

:). :)

It's sad... I'm jonsing do hard for one of the new games... That will cost 2.5x my last wdw trip . Want want want - but must resist

luv

When huge people eaters like HM and IASW still have 40+min waits past 11pm..

Trust me, I'm a park vet.. and I was so bummed that avoiding lines was futile. I'm not going to goto Disney and just shop from 10am to 11pm.. gotta suck it up and stand in line :) I mean if you only want to cherry pick and take whatever is the shortest line and let your ride selection be based on waits instead of interest.. I suppose you could stick to such a theory.. but if you want to ride the attractions when it's busy.. you gotta man up :/
If it is busy and/or you don't have a ton of days to do stuff in the first and last hours, you would totally have to suck it up. Agreed.

Before I lived in Orlando, I either took long trips or I'd just limit how much I did. Can't do it all, especially on shorter trips.

MarkTwain

I generally hate using FastPass; once I'm in a land, I like to stay in it. As such, I'm willing to pay the penalty for my decisions. I would gladly wait (and have, quite recently) 45-60 minutes for Soarin, Space Mountain, Test Track, Midway Mania, or another well-deserving E-ticket with typically long waits. It's really not bad with good company. I would also (and again, recently have) wait 30-35 minutes for a trip on Star Tours, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, or Peter Pan. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

HatboxGhost

EVERYONE prefers the park when its not crowded.. but that's not reality every time you go.
Sure it is. I have been there 3 times in the past 4 years and its been a reality for me. I mean, its not EMPTY but everytime I went I waited no longer than 10 minutes and that was for the ones that I actually had to wait. Some were pretty much just walk on. There was the few days when we had all the kids from England that were off when we went but even then it only bumped up the time by a few minutes with the exception of TSM of course. Also, the weekends were a bit more crowded but it didnt really change the time too much.

ddbowdoin

I voted on 60, but it all depends on when I am there. If its March and its a slower time of year we have no problem walking away from a 30 min sign, but in July what else can you do. If you're there in the summer and you don't like lines then consider your money flushed down the drain if you value park time.

ddbowdoin

I generally hate using FastPass; once I'm in a land, I like to stay in it. As such, I'm willing to pay the penalty for my decisions. I would gladly wait (and have, quite recently) 45-60 minutes for Soarin, Space Mountain, Test Track, Midway Mania, or another well-deserving E-ticket with typically long waits. It's really not bad with good company. I would also (and again, recently have) wait 30-35 minutes for a trip on Star Tours, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, or Peter Pan. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

but TSM is often 90 plus!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Sure it is. I have been there 3 times in the past 4 years and its been a reality for me. I mean, its not EMPTY but everytime I went I waited no longer than 10 minutes and that was for the ones that I actually had to wait. Some were pretty much just walk on. There was the few days when we had all the kids from England that were off when we went but even then it only bumped up the time by a few minutes with the exception of TSM of course. Also, the weekends were a bit more crowded but it didnt really change the time too much.

I'd really like to know exactly WHEN you are talking about. I can do a ten minute wait as well if it is 10PM. I can pull the "8 or 9 attractions/shows" for a full days of entertainment in 2 hours if I try really hard (Wishes, Parade, Projection show, pirates, jungle, mansion, TTA, iASW).

But Overall my question is "How Long are you Willing to Wait?" and not "How long do you wait?"

R W B

I was there when the new test track opened, the timer said 50 minutes so we jumped in line, 2 1/2 hours later we were about to ride. But I've also gotten in line for TSMM with the timer saying 100min and we might of been in line a total of 25 min. If I want to ride something I'll wait in line, if its not a definite ride I wanna do, I'll only get inane if its 20 or so minutes.

HatboxGhost

I'd really like to know exactly WHEN you are talking about. I can do a ten minute wait as well if it is 10PM. I can pull the "8 or 9 attractions/shows" for a full days of entertainment in 2 hours if I try really hard (Wishes, Parade, Projection show, pirates, jungle, mansion, TTA, iASW).

But Overall my question is "How Long are you Willing to Wait?" and not "How long do you wait?"
November 2009 and it was dead. 10 minute wait max on rides. Got there before opening and rode until around noon......still no problem. From noon until around 5pm we shop, see the parade, eat, people watch, etc. At that point we either park hop, or stay where we are. Still not long of a wait. We leave around 9pm thus avoiding heavy bus crowds. Also, this may sound mean but not having children helps to speed up the process and be WHERE we want to be WHEN we want to be there. We followed the same plan for these---------> October 2011 still the same but a little more crowded due to the children from England being on holiday.......November 2012 still very good, almost like 2009 but a bit more crowded but nothing to complain about. Still very short waits.
So, how long am I willing to wait? 20 minutes and thats pushing it considering the luck I have had going at the great times that I do. If it were July, then it would be a bit longer but not by much.

RunnerFool

We just got back , and we tried to ride soarin 3 different times. We didn't get to Epcot in time for a fast past, so finally on the last day, we bit the bullet and stood in line for 70 minutes.

openendedsky

In a word...Fastpass. This attraction suffers horribly by the standby line being constantly stopped to allow FP holders to board. Been that way forever and they never seem to get the clue that limiting FP for this ride would help.
So in that way, PP's FP sustain itself in that it creates longer lines, causing MORE people to rush to the FP booths. And the cycle continues.

but TSM is often 90 plus!
It's a cool ride, but people are crazy for waiting that long for it.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
November 2009 and it was dead. 10 minute wait max on rides. Got there before opening and rode until around noon......still no problem. From noon until around 5pm we shop, see the parade, eat, people watch, etc. At that point we either park hop, or stay where we are. Still not long of a wait. We leave around 9pm thus avoiding heavy bus crowds. Also, this may sound mean but not having children helps to speed up the process and be WHERE we want to be WHEN we want to be there. We followed the same plan for these---------> October 2011 still the same but a little more crowded due to the children from England being on holiday.......November 2012 still very good, almost like 2009 but a bit more crowded but nothing to complain about. Still very short waits.
So, how long am I willing to wait? 20 minutes and thats pushing it considering the luck I have had going at the great times that I do. If it were July, then it would be a bit longer but not by much.

Pay attention, Kids. Go when this guy goes! November!

sydneymorganmom

We usually go in mid-January and have 15 min max waits. Even in Dec 2012, 2nd week, every day but the last Saturday was max wait 20 min. I'd say it all depends on when you go. If it's a really crowded day, I'll wait 60 minutes max. Otherwise, it's not relevant because we have virtually no wait especially with FP

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
We usually go in mid-January and have 15 min max waits. Even in Dec 2012, 2nd week, every day but the last Saturday was max wait 20 min. I'd say it all depends on when you go. If it's a really crowded day, I'll wait 60 minutes max. Otherwise, it's not relevant because we have virtually no wait especially with FP

I'm taking FP out of the equation because of the ability to schedule fastpasses with the MyMagic+ program that is going to be rolled out. I'm going with the basic assumption that all the fastpasses will be gone and you'll be forced to wait in the standby line.

So this is highly relevant. Changes are coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom