How busy is too busy? How long are you willing to wait?

How long will you wait in line before walking away?

• 0-10 Minutes

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 10-20 Minutes

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • 20-30 Minutes

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • 30-40 Minutes

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • 40-50 Minutes

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • 50-60 Minutes

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Over 60 Minutes

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I say 20 minutes is my threshold but then we just stood in line for the Little Mermaid for 50 minutes last month. We were in the parks for a single day, no plans to return, and wanted to see it.

Interesting topic. Definitely something we've discussed. One of the big reasons we don't currently wish to return to WDW is because dealing with the masses of humanity is such a deterrent. And we've always gone during "off" or "less busy" times. Disney keeps the parks so full anymore that there truly is no real "quiet" time anymore. The difference in January 2004 and January 2013 is so very stark. Getting up early and staying educated so we know how to avoid the long waits, etc. are things that aren't fun for us anymore. We want to sleep past 8 on vacation and do whatever appeals when we set out.

I honestly can say I'd spend twice as much to have half the number of people there. I'd spend 3 times as much for just a third. Right now I wouldn't spend half the going cost of a WDW vacation to be there. It's too many people and too much work to stay ahead of the herds. No thanks.

Agree completely with everything you said. However, I will add one caveat....

The rides have to be up to SQS. No more broken effects, no more cheaping out and turning them off, no more planters where fountains once gracefully flowed. Then, sign me up for the doubled price with half the crowds.

popcenturylover

I would say that 60 minutes is my limit at most parks although, at Cedar Point when a new coaster comes out you might wait for 2 hours or more.:eek: Anyway, I know we're talking about WDW so, I'd say about 30 minutes there or get a fastpass.

sweetpee_1993

Agree completely with everything you said. However, I will add one caveat....

The rides have to be up to SQS. No more broken effects, no more cheaping out and turning them off, no more planters where fountains once gracefully flowed. Then, sign me up for the doubled price with half the crowds.

Very good point. I'm not okay with regular price (aka WDWs miriad-of-discounted-prices) for the quality but that's a different subject. For now, I'm thinkin' in terms of the total number of humans. But definitely great thinking there!

bethymouse

I will wait 60 minutes possibly, but sometimes we do walk away or get a FP.
I generally don't wait the 90 plus minutes for TSMM or Soarin! But, we do make sure the 1st thing we do is get a FP for Soarin once we get to EPCOT. We would do the same for TSMM, but it just depends on our boys and if they really want to ride or skip it. Splash is one that we'd wait for, and maybe even BTMRR. My hubby loves rockin roller coaster, but will not wait. Beware though that most wait times posted are incorrect. If they hand you a red card or the person in front of you, then they will soon be "upping" the times.;)

openendedsky

I picked 30-40 min. This is the absolute longest I'll wait and it has to be one of my favorites. My less favorite rides generally max out at 20.
This. I think the only thing I would wait an hour for is HPatFJ at Universal, and because they don't do the regular fast passes anymore and I can't justify buying one of the express passes. And I've only ridden it once, a year or so ago.

bdearl41

I think it really all depends on the ride, as well as the queue. For the bigger rides I kind of put the number at 30-40 minutes. Those rides being Splash Mountain, Space Mountian, TOT, RNR, Soarin, EE, BTMR. All of which have decent queue's. Usually though i would prefer not to wait over 30 minutes for any of these. For the rest of the rides in the world I would say 20 minutes is kinda of my cap. If they did away with Fastpasses I really think wait times would go way down.

bdearl41

The longest wait i can remember though is in 94, when Splash Mountain was pretty much brand new. That summer I waited almost 80 minutes or so to ride it. Can't say I have waited over an hour for any other ride.

Figgy1

You are going to hate me. I never wait more than 20 minutes on a line. My ds has autism so we use the GAC when needed. And only when needed!!!!! We so single rider, fp and GAC. That doesn't mean we get in faster sometimes they will put us in a quiet area to wait and I've seen a lot of back stage areas waiting for a ride. We've also seen a few areas where they put the trash!

CP_alum08

20-30 (30 tops)......anything over that it gets fastpassed. A system that has worked incredibly well for us.
Same here, we love FP and since we have become AP holders our patience has gotten even shorter. If it's something we love or something we haven't done in a couple trips maybe we'll wait 30 minutes, but generally we just say "next time" because the next time probably won't be too far away :)

I actually like our system a lot, it almost forces you to visit the lesser done attractions. In the 90 minutes people wait for Splash, we can ride the ferry, watch CBJ and explore TSI. In the 2 hours people wait for TSMM we can do...the rest of the park :)

acishere

At Disney if there is no Fastpass available then I will wait an hour if it is something I really want to ride. I will not do Soarin or TSMM without a Fastpass the way their lines are.

At my local Six Flags there were times where you would have to wait 4 hours for some roller coasters. One of the reasons I haven't been there in a while.

Chrononymous

It really does depend entirely on the attraction...but 40 min is my usual limit.
I will wait (slightly) longer for TSMM, or Splash, or something I really enjoy.

I won't wait for more than 20 for POTC, or GMR
...and no more than 10 for any spinner.

thomas998

Generally no more than 40 minutes... though on the last trip to California Advneture we did wait almost 3 and a half hours... What we were told was a two hour line for Radiator Spring Racers turned into 3.5 hours as after an hour and a half the ride broke down... At that point when you can just see the ride if you stretch just right, it is very hard to just give up... though on a bright side even my kids have stopped complaining when I refuse to stand in any lines, I just remind them about Radiator Springs.

WDW 3

Sometimes when the wait time is long we get in line figuring that so many people are passing that it won't really be that long and we are usually lucky.
I'll wait 40 or so. We aren't in a hurry anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom