How are the all stars?

Marley's Ghost

I have never been to any of the all stars. How are they ? When I was a kid we stayed outside of the park. When I grew up we got a great deal and stayed at Caribbean Beach. Then I was caught up in the moderates. We fell in love with the port Orleans riverside. Now money is tight the All stars would allow us to stay for longer but at what trade off ? What to do ? help please

wdwmomof3

They are fine, although I would NEVER stay at Sports again. I prefer Music or Movies, in a preferred room. We drive to the parks at night so we have never had a big issue with the buses there. We have stayed at CBR before and had better bus service at the All Star Resort, plus the food court is MUCH closer. Everyone is different, but to save money, I would stay there again with no questions asked. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

I've stayed at POR and loved it!

But that is the only moderate I have stayed at.

So in comparison, the rooms are a bit smaller, you don't get a mini fridge (unless you order one for an extra fee - correct me if I am wrong - but I believe the rate is $10 per day) and instead of a double sink, it is a single sink.

I have stayed at all of the All Stars. As far as theming they are all wonderful, but I prefer AS Movies for the theming. However, the layout of AS Music seemed to be better in terms of being located close to the lobby/food court/etc. Maybe it was just me, but there didn't seem to be a building that was too far out. AS Sports was my least favorite. But it all depends on what you and your family prefer for theming and such.

Although the All Star Resorts are great, Pop is my favorite of all of the values. The lobby/gift shop/food court are very spacious. I stayed in one of the 80's buildings last time and it was very quiet. This time we requested the 70's buildings. I took a walk around the whole resort early one morning and along the path they have signs with information from each year of each decade. And the resort sits on a lake. In the morning I would go down to the "Generation Gap" bridge and watch the turtles and fish swimming while I waited for the rest of the gang to arise and shine lol. It was very peaceful and quiet back there. Aside from the unfinished Legendary Years building in the distance, the whole resort is wonderful and when I stayed there I was truly immersed in Disney.

It will be a change from the moderates, but at least you will be at WDW :)

Also Pop has its own busses. When I stayed at the All Stars I found many times having to share busses between the 3.

Have fun planning! :wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would go for the longer stay at the values. There is no question that PORS (one of my personal favorites) is a nice resort but if it came down to a choice between 4 or 7 days at WDW I would definitely take the downgrade in resort for the extra time. If at all possible stay at POP century and avoid All Star Sports.

If you need any help booking do not hesitate to drop me a line. I would be happy to run the numbers and go over your options with you.

Upvote 0

fmingo36

If you are going to a value resort-POP CENTURY is the only way to go. I have stayed at AS Music and it was fine but PC was much better. The bus service makes a difference.

Upvote 0

smk

I have stayed at Sports and recently at POP, never in a moderate and many times at a cabin FW, a couple of times at the Contemporary and once at the Poly. I loved Sports, liked POP. I think POP is way too spread out. If you don't pay extra for a preferred room you could be a five minute walk from the food court and the buses. If you stay at Sports you are never going to a five minute walk from anything. The rooms are identical in size, the food courts are almost the same, POP may have more choices but it is so loud you can't hear yourself think so a pleasant morning conversation is impossible. If you stay at a value just be careful what time of year you stay, many of them are over run by teens at WDW for sporting events and those kids can be unruly to say the least, not all of them, but a few can get out of control. Sports does share a bus but is the last to be picked up and the first to be let off, I never had a problem getting on or off in a timely manner (for the buses).
As others have said, the space doesn't really matter a whole lot, it is the place that matters. You will be in WDW so you know you will have a good time if you want to. :wave:

Upvote 0

dazzer68

i have stayed at both movies and music, id love to stay in a more upmarket resort, but cant justify somewhere any more expensive as for my party its just somewhere to sleep in, so the all stars are ideal the themeing is great and probably the most disneyed of all the resorts, i prefer the music one as feels larger, the sports looks feels very run down, and grubby and small.

if you want somewhere clean fun and cheap on disney property these cant be beat not sure if its offical but you can use all the all stars pools so i think its about 9 pools to choose from, 3 different stores, 3 different food halls,the buses are the only downer but thats all about timing:) ie beat the crowds. but it all depends what you want from your resort, if you want great service, great food, great location, etc you pay for it.
theres a macdonalds near by which is probably in walking distance, and next door is blizzard beach, so your not that far away. when they finish POP i might consider it, but from what i heard you could end up looking at a building site for 2 weeks:eek:
if you want disney fun, all stars. disney service, somewhere else!

Upvote 0

imamouse

All-Star Sports and Music have recently refrubished the guests rooms. I suppose Movies has as well, but had not the last time I stayed there (spring 08). I don't like the preferred rooms due to all the pool noise. Check Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex web site for up-coming events that might mean tons of teens - especially at All-Star Sports.

Like many who posted, I am a big fan of Pop. They learned from small mistakes made with the All-Stars and it has a good layout (no bldgs really remote). I always requests the 70s bldgs to avoid pool noise (I am very sensitive to sounds).

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've stayed at every Value Resort on property and Sports is my absolute favorite. I used to proclaim the greatness that is Pop, but I'm a recent convert to Sports. The place is really nice and has newly refurbished rooms. I like the layout a lot better than Pop. And, I never had an issue with any of the busses. Honestly, the only thing I missed about Pop was the Frozen Coke at the drink island. Outside of that, I cannot think of a reason to choose another value over Sports.

Here is my personal racking for the Value Resorts:

1) Sports
2) Pop
3) Music
4) Movies

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I took a group of 36 to WDW and we stayed at Movies. Everyone had a great time. We have also stayed at Pop, Sports, Music, CSR and OKW..soon to be adding Grand Fl. to that list. The worst bus service we had was at CSR but that was Christmas week. One option would be to stay at Movies Mighty Ducks but use the Music resort food court, pool, buses. You will be really close to Musics main areas, but away from the noise of the Movies main pool area. Really you can't go wrong. Have fun!

Upvote 0

fascion216

the only disney hotels i have ever stayed at are the contemporary, the grand floridian, and the all star music. i find it kind of funny ive never stayed at a moderate lol. i must say, i love the all star music. there are so many activities for the kids at the calypso pool all day every day. the food court is very decent and all of the CM's are very friendly. the rooms are a bit small .. dont get me wrong .. but how much time do you really spend in your room? i never had a long wait for a bus and it is a very quiet resort. if you do decide to stay there, i would not pay the extra money for the preferred room, i would go standard as i assume theres alot of noise as those rooms are near the pool.

Upvote 0
I have stayed at the All Star Sports many times, in addition to, the Wilderness Lodge, Pop Century, and brief stints at Coronado Springs and All Star Movies. As far as the value resorts, I loved All Star Sports when I was younger, especially the baseball pool. However, the All Stars can get pretty rowdy especially at the Sports resort when many groups are staying at Disney. Pop Century was a great place to stay...I don't remember the walks being too far to the bus stops and food court.

Upvote 0
We stayted at Movies last time we stayed and we have just booked to go back again. Brits so we always stay for 2 weeks min and I would recommend it to anyone. Just as big as the rooms off site and have great themes, the CM's are fab alot more attentive in my experience. Enjoy the extra time you have there if thats what you decide to do. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pintraderpayee

I took a group of seniors to Grad Nite 2008 last April. We stayed in the basketball section of All Star Sports. My kids were respectful, but it did get a bit noisy when the party was over at 4AM and several groups returned to the hotel! The busses were timely and there was always seating room. The gift shop is decent sized and dining area wasn't too noisy.....would stay there again if it meant extra Disney days! BTW your trip date is not the same time as Grad Nite 2009.....be thankful.....the parties are at DHS this year and they will PARTY until 4AM....Metro Station and Katy Perry are two of the musical acts performing this year so there will be record crowds:hammer:

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

I have never been to any of the all stars. How are they ? When I was a kid we stayed outside of the park. When I grew up we got a great deal and stayed at Caribbean Beach. Then I was caught up in the moderates. We fell in love with the port Orleans riverside. Now money is tight the All stars would allow us to stay for longer but at what trade off ? What to do ? help please

I have stayed in The All stars, the Pop, the Moderate hotels, the monorail hotels AND the AKL rooms and Villas, I have been through it all! :lol:

Last Xmas we stayed in a AKL Villa and this year we are staying at the All star family suite....BIG difference with theaming. The all stars a BIT more plain and all that and the rooms are more motel like, but you know, a REALLY REALLY nice Motel. :lol:

Thsi is allowing us to do more and stay longer, which last year we could not because we payed alot for our room, grant it, it was Xmas so we WANTED TO stay in our room alot and use the Resort amenities so it was well wellll worth it, but this year we want to be park hoppers and all that so its just not worth paying a whole lot for a high end resort when all we will really be doing is sleeping in it, but the nice thing is, your still on Disney property. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom