How accurate is the Jim Hill report that the Dreamfinder may return to Figment?

kaos

Lee said:
Like for instance.......:veryconfu

Again, not knowing the whole story, make your own judgements... but just keep in mind that there are others who have long endured the madness of Jim Hill.

The specifics would take up most of the alloted server space that exists for WDWMagic...

JimboJones123

kaos said:
Again, not knowing the whole story, make your own judgements... but just keep in mind that there are others who have long endured the madness of Jim Hill.

The specifics would take up most of the alloted server space that exists for WDWMagic...

or just some ability to know what you are talking about.

PintoColvig

As stands thus far, the people who are saying that JH is full of crap are coming across as being full of crap themselves. Baseless accusations are for the weak of character.

wannab@dis

PintoColvig said:
As stands thus far, the people who are saying that JH is full of crap are coming across as being full of crap themselves. Baseless accusations are for the weak of character.
I've posted reasons several times. Do a search if you are interested.

I don't consider him a jerk like others... I don't hate him. I just don't find him as "great" as some.

Besides that... his SITE is horrible now and I can't stand the number of ads. :rolleyes: Here's the thing... JHM is out to make a buck off the mouse in any fashion he can. He trashes them, he releases bad information and he tries to pass rumors off as fact or at minimum, news. However, most of those types of articles are barely news or fact, but more tabloid in nature. He's been right a few times.... he's been wrong lots.

Now, some of the historical articles are informative. IF you can get past the horrid writing style. :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PintoColvig said:
I will agree....for the most part I am full of crap, so that gives me the perfect position to make my accusations from. I am an expert at being full of crap.

wannab@dis

hakunamatata said:
I will agree....for the most part I am full of crap, so that gives me the perfect position to make my accusations from. I am an expert at being full of crap.
:lol:

I knew we could find an expert opinion. :lookaroun

:p

yensidtlaw1969

wannab@dis said:
:lol:

I knew we could find an expert opinion. :lookaroun

:p
"Beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament".

-Kermit the Frog

Sorry, it seemed to fit :lookaroun .

Yensid "Never take yourself too seriously . . ." tlaw1969

Magicot

Does anyone know why exactly they got rid of the first version of JII with Dreamfinder? Was it too '80s, outdated? Were the crowds not big enough like they are now? Or was it just a random change?

Lee

Adventurer
Magicot said:
Does anyone know why exactly they got rid of the first version of JII with Dreamfinder? Was it too '80s, outdated? Were the crowds not big enough like they are now? Or was it just a random change?

A little bit of all of those, actually.

Captain Chaos

Magicot said:

Crowds for JII are non-existant now...

8<:-)

dxer07002 said:
Crowds for JII are non-existant now...

Exactly.
And once Imagination is 'fixed'...that whole side will be somewhat finished...sorta.....for now.....sorta...:lookaroun

-Thedisneycast

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
PintoColvig said:
I have a confession to make. I've pretended to dislike Jim Hill so people on this site would like me. :)

Seriously, though, I've had trouble seeing why there is so much animosity against the guy. It's like you have to offer an apology first if you bring his name up around here. I too would like to know specifically what Jim has gotten wrong. Stop the railing and start detailing!

Well, it is convenient to bash Jim Hill here, but I agree with a number of other posters here in that Jim is as solid a source of rumors and if nothing more is a superior source of archival material. If you dismiss him out-of-hand, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Where I have my beef with him is in tone and presentation. There are times when I feel he spends too much time describing himself as "the one person" with the inside connections or the only one with certain information. He as also mistakenly involved others in some of his discussions with inaccurate representation.

As with any source of information, be it your newspaper, a history book or the television (only the internet gives only the truth!).....take it with a grain of salt.

yensid63

I think this is great news. The original was one of my favorites.
The Dreamfinder was definitly missing from the ride.

As far as Jim Hill goes, I'm with the grain of salt people.
The one thing I don't like about Jim is he procrastinates.
He has a bunch of multi part stories out there that are half finished.
Light Magic, Star Tours, Alien Encounter and The Muppets come to mind.
They're all good stories, and he's whet your appetite for more.
Come on Jim, finish them for crying out loud! :mad:

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I can't wait for the dreamfinder to return!!!

My wife bought the new figment jacket in the ride's store.. its really coOL! It's a retro jacket that says Figment Since '82 on it! :sohappy:

FigmentJedi

One thing that I'm wondering is whether they'll still go with Dave Goelz as Figment's voice.
Because Figment with helium Gonzo voice+Dreamfinder+ high quality of original+One Little Spark= BEST. RIDE. EVER.

jedimaster1227

Tahu said:
One thing that I'm wondering is whether they'll still go with Dave Goelz as Figment's voice.
Because Figment with helium Gonzo voice+Dreamfinder+ high quality of original+One Little Spark= BEST. RIDE. EVER.

I hope that they fix Figment's voice in the new version. He is just annoying now.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
jedimaster1227 said:
I hope that they fix Figment's voice in the new version. He is just annoying now.

YES!! They must change it back.. and also his personality now is kind of annoying.. i want the old figment back more than the dreamfinder even.. they need both to make this work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom