Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

Patcheslee

Ehhhhh. It feels weird talking tactics on this forum, but… the hub would be the honey pot, not the train station.

Either way, I’m grateful they’re at least trying to keep us safe. And in interested to hear if anyone knows what went wrong today.
After being in a workplace shooting I've noticed more often when I'm in a vulnerable spot. Part of the reason queues get to me is the lack of escape if needed.

Lilofan

After being in a workplace shooting I've noticed more often when I'm in a vulnerable spot. Part of the reason queues get to me is the lack of escape if needed.
Run , hide, fight is what they tell us. But if you live in Polk County, FL , Sheriff Judd will say to the homeowner - fight. In 2021, he commended a homeowner, in stopping the intruder . In open carry NM, AZ, no gun permits even needed, where the intruder may think again when the good guys can defend very quickly.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Run , hide, fight is what they tell us. But if you live in Polk County, FL , Sheriff Judd will say to the homeowner - fight. In 2021, he commended a homeowner, in stopping the intruder . In open carry NM, AZ, no gun permits even needed, where the intruder may think again when the good guys can defend very quickly.
Yep, we had to go through training after it happened. Keep hands up and empty when evacuating as well so police can quickly assess threat.

drizgirl

The reason for the security checks isn't to actually prevent some kind of attack, it's so they don't lose lawsuits if there was an attack.

Not at MK but somebody could just shoot their way through security and walk right into the park at the other 3. The hope is there isn't someone sick enough to want to do that.
And a choke point as bad as this just makes a perfect target.

Lilofan

Correct! It seems it's Disney new business model to run with minimum staff to save costs.
It does not matter, WDW will still be MOBBED with revenge travelers.
Disney WINS AGAIN!
Operating with less staff, lower labor costs, that's par for the course with a number of companies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I got to any park and saw a security line like that I would just leave. If I had purchased a day ticket (vs. the AP that I have) I would go straight to guest services for a refund. There is zero chance I'd stand in a line like that just to get into the park. This isn't opening day in 1971.
It sure as hell shouldn’t be that poorly run after 50 years.
Every customer needs to stop making excuses/kicking dirt over such horrible ops management. It’s embarrassing as a “vet”.

monorail81

If I got to any park and saw a security line like that I would just leave. If I had purchased a day ticket (vs. the AP that I have) I would go straight to guest services for a refund. There is zero chance I'd stand in a line like that just to get into the park. This isn't opening day in 1971.
Ironically, you’d have to wait in that line to get to guest services at that location to fight to get your money back.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom