Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

Disstevefan1

Except as an AP holder I've had more availability at tough times like spring break than onsite or off site guests. Maybe at DLR, but not sure this holds true at WDW at all. Then again we aren't the majority of park pass type that goes there.
I am sincerely interested in how you are able to get more availability even in times like Spring Break.
As an AP in WDW, do you have any tips?

lazyboy97o

Disney Springs is a lousy target because people can disperse. People get so focused on being able to keep people out that they forget that most things that keep people out can also keep people in, trapping them.

Disney controls staffing. They know how many people have reservations and have plenty of data on arrival patterns. Even with people calling out for the day, there should be plans in place to keep people moving. Move people from other locations. Put more people on call. Offer extra pay for people to arrive early or stay late. Bring in off duty deputies. And yes, even reduce screening to push people through.

Lilofan

Disney Springs is a lousy target because people can disperse. People get so focused on being able to keep people out that they forget that most things that keep people out can also keep people in, trapping them.

Disney controls staffing. They know how many people have reservations and have plenty of data on arrival patterns. Even with people calling out for the day, there should be plans in place to keep people moving. Move people from other locations. Put more people on call. Offer extra pay for people to arrive early or stay late. Bring in off duty deputies. And yes, even reduce screening to push people through.
I've seen concerts at House of Blues at Disney Springs . A few thousand of us packed like sardines enjoying ourselves.

DisneyCane

And no security checkpoint prior to the stockade where the people are being corralled. This is a dream scenario for someone wanting to inflict damage.

But it’s not a typical scenario, it’s an anomaly.
The reason for the security checks isn't to actually prevent some kind of attack, it's so they don't lose lawsuits if there was an attack.

Not at MK but somebody could just shoot their way through security and walk right into the park at the other 3. The hope is there isn't someone sick enough to want to do that.

GuyFawkes

While it might be staffing issues we can't ignore the times we live in.
They may have identified a "credible threat" so screening is stepped up.....
Beautiful excuse I'm sure Disney will use it. Could have more security people to do longer checks on more people?

Everyone is low on staff, Disney will ride that until the wheels fall of.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The reason for the security checks isn't to actually prevent some kind of attack, it's so they don't lose lawsuits if there was an attack.

Not at MK but somebody could just shoot their way through security and walk right into the park at the other 3. The hope is there isn't someone sick enough to want to do that.
Ehhhhh. It feels weird talking tactics on this forum, but… the hub would be the honey pot, not the train station.

Either way, I’m grateful they’re at least trying to keep us safe. And in interested to hear if anyone knows what went wrong today.

correcaminos

I am sincerely interested in how you are able to get more availability even in times like Spring Break.
As an AP in WDW, do you have any tips?
They had more slots open with park reservations for AP holders. Long and short, friends who are regular visitors to WDW - like every few years - stay at their time share (bonnet creek). They buy tickets and go from there once they arrive as they drive. During prime spring break this year,they drove down and were told of zero park passes for offsite until the end of their 10 day trip and only Epcot. So they didn't buy park tickets. I looked at availability and even onsite had limited options. I could have added them to my room when I arrived and given them access to park passes but those were still not as available. As an AP holder we could swap moet parks the week of. So no tips, just what I see when I look.

Same thing for June trip. One person just added and it was harder for them as onsite to get MK one day but they did eventually with refreshing. As an AP holder it was wide open.

Because of the lawsuit it very well could be that Disney is making it so less AP holders are locked out. Last thing they want is a dual law suit going on. Though tbh the park hopping at 2pm sucks more to me than reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom