Hour long wait to get through TTC security today - May 23

EPCOT-O.G.

That's just it, they DON'T WANT TO BEEF UP STAFFING! They want to run with the least staff as possible.
What’s more egregious about this is thanks to the reservation system they know to a mathematical certainty how many people to expect at the park, and likely how many intend to get there via TTC (as opposed to on-site guests). And they still allowed this to happen.

Disstevefan1

This is not true. They really don't have the cast in the areas that need it.
I hope you are right and someday WDW will be fully staffed and they eliminate the park pass reservation..

What's strange is Universal and SeaWorld who also lost workers due to COVID did not feel the need to have park pass reservations.

Yes, I know, Universal and SeaWorld are smaller, yada, yada...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I hope you are right and someday WDW will be fully staffed and they eliminate the park pass reservation..

What's strange is Universal and SeaWorld who also lost workers due to COVID did not feel the need to have park pass reservations.

Yes, I know, Universal and SeaWorld are smaller, yada, yada...
Park Pass is here to stay. It has become a critical part of the DPEP profit engine.

correcaminos

I agree.

Some folks think Disney implemented park pass reservations because they are understaffed due to COVID.

I think Disney implemented park pass reservations in order to keep staff at the absolute minimum AND to limit APs access to the parks.
Except as an AP holder I've had more availability at tough times like spring break than onsite or off site guests. Maybe at DLR, but not sure this holds true at WDW at all. Then again we aren't the majority of park pass type that goes there.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I fail to understand how this makes anyone safe. If someone was inclined to attack in order to inflict maximum damage, this is the place. A target rich environment with no place to flee.
And no security checkpoint prior to the stockade where the people are being corralled. This is a dream scenario for someone wanting to inflict damage.

But it’s not a typical scenario, it’s an anomaly.

Lilofan

And no security checkpoint prior to the stockade where the people are being corralled. This is a dream scenario for someone wanting to inflict damage.

But it’s not a typical scenario, it’s an anomaly.
The same year of the Orlando Pulse incident , the bad guy was seen on camera checking out Disney Springs. During that time there were no security checkpoints for guests to enter DS.

MaryJaneP

This is not true. They really don't have the cast in the areas that need it.
Yes,yes. If you want to volunteer, pay money to TDO, or otherwise work for free, send your app to 1-800-E*t-S**t. Do you really want us to think that there is cast chomping at the bit to work paid shifts or rather that TDO just does not want to pay for cast?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The same year of the Orlando Pulse incident , the bad guy was seen on camera checking out Disney Springs. During that time there were no security checkpoints for guests to enter DS.
There still are not, but there has been a HEAVY police presence every time we’ve been to DS. Both uniformed and plain clothed officers.

ETA: there are checkpoints, but I either don’t remember them or they were put in after my last visit to DS

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom