HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

frankd1962

I'm going to add my two cents on some of this:

If you really sit back and look at most of the things in the MK, they are a fatasy-like look at things. Adventureland is a fatasy-look to jungle adventures and exploration, Liberty Square, Frontierland and Main Street are the romantic look back to our past with a little bit of fact (exclude Hall of Presidents) and Tomorrowland (after the refurb) is a fantasy look look ahead with the Vernes-like look to the future. So anything they add here that has a futuristic feel to it will fit.

Stitch and Monster's can "show" how teleportation "works". And the interaction with "aliens" is something we can only do in this "weak" point between our two demensions. :)

(I'm going to get flamed for this next part but....) I've always thought of the MK as the "kid's" park. Everything in there seems to perk up the child in us. The romantic look back into the past, the whimsical look to the future and the plan all out fantasy of Fantasyland all get the adult via their inner child. Don't you feel so giddy when you walk down Main Street and feel you been teleported to the past when time was simpler than now. You look forward to see your favorite character from your favorite movie walking by or up to you. I know I do.

Epcot points to the possible future based on what we have presently and how we can achieve it. Animal Kingdom shows the beauty of actual animal in their almost actual homes. And finally the Studios (my favorite) brings out the movies and how they're made for the world to see. So you can see where I get the kid's pov on MK.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
wdwmagic said:
I can't confirm anything at this stage, but if this is one of the proposed attractions that I know are in the mix for this area, it certainly isnt your regular stage show, and it's using some new technology that Disney have been testing elsewhere.
Possibly the "Turtle Talk" type set up???

Skippy

ah, now if only alien encounter was still there... then i wouldn't be so weary of having another 'fantasylike' ride there. oh well, (trying to forget about sge) i'll take a quality ride/show over one that fits exactly with the land it is in. which some things in tomorrowland don't...

LudwigVonDrake

If this is true, then the only place this should go is the Studios. It doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Pixar-based attractions have their place in the parks but they need to be put in PROPER park :)

Pongo

Starman1128 said:
Is Stitch's Great Escape progress in the right direction? If yes then this will be right up your ally.

Word of advice:

"Don't judge a book by it's cover."

Especially when that cover hasn't even been constructed yet. You have no possible inkling of how this attraction will be, so please don't go around chastising it even before construction has begun.

We have enough of that around here without your help. Most of it regarding attractions that have already built.

:wave:

S.E.A.

LudwigVonDrake said:
If this is true, then the only place this should go is the Studios. It doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Pixar-based attractions have their place in the parks but they need to be put in PROPER park :)

no, the Pixar pals belong in the Magic Kingdom. They are essentially the new disney classics. And given how WDW's 4 parks are all just the 4 lands of the super-Disneyland that is WDW, I see no reason why these Disney/Pixar characters can't find a home in WDW's Fantasyland aka Magic Kingdom. Monsters Inc. can pretty much fit in anywhere except DAK.

CaptainMichael

mousermerf said:
Why are people so negative?

Didn't you learn ANYTHING from the whole Land rebuild supposed-airport-fiasco?
Unfortunately not!!!

Disney is developing a show/attraction with new technology, but all "fans" can do is complain about it not fitting the theme of a land with NO theme!!! Be happy people!!!

KevinPage

I have no problems with Monsters Inc. and 100% of a problem with a SHOW.

As a previous poster mentioned, shows have ZERO replay value (for me at least).

Put me on a slow moving vehicle and I'm all over it :D :D :D :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
MK gets little things fairly often.

MK got: Philharmagic
Epcot got: Mission SPACE

MK got: Cinderellabration
Epcot got: Soarin'
MGM got: LMAX

MK got: Stitch's Great Escape
AK got: Everest

I'm betting with Nemo going to both Epcot and AK, and something going in Timekeeper at MK, MGM is waiting to announce a big attraction.

Lennyg512

If anywhere, Monsters Inc. could fit in at the Universe of Energy in Epcot. Because they use the scares and laughter as energy to power the town of Monstropolis

yensidtlaw1969

Lennyg512 said:
If anywhere, Monsters Inc. could fit in at the Universe of Energy in Epcot. Because they use the scares and laughter as energy to power the town of Monstropolis
I completely disagree with this Idea whenever it somes up. Monsters Inc was not about real world energy uses. You might say Finding Nemo was fantasy, which it was, technically, but it took place in a real life place with real life applications. Monsters who use scares/laughs for energy likely know squat about gasoline and hydrogen fuel cells and solar power, so why would they be teaching us about it? Nemo and friends, who dwell in the sea, would know more about the real sea and would be good teachers, as Disney has realised.

Yensidtlaw1969

Starman1128

mousermerf said:
Why are people so negative?

Didn't you learn ANYTHING from the whole Land rebuild supposed-airport-fiasco?

Not to be argumentative but there is a difference between the Land redo (which was excellent btw) and whats been going on in Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is supposed to be futuristic with a comic booky sci-fi theme it is not meant to be a place for Disney to dump/force in a attraction based on recent cartoon characters. They should have learned there lesson after Stitch.

I agree Timekeeper needed to go but to replace it with yet another pixar cartoon tie-in isnt a good idea especially when there are so many better ideas out thre that fit the theme of Tomorrowland.

Of course there is no reason to get riled up over it anyway, we don't even know if this ride is still going to happen anyway because it was probably put into the project pipeline before the Pixar buy-out and now Lasseter and Pete Docter might (and hopefully) have a problem with this attraction and pull the plug on it. As a matter of fact, people i've talked to say there is nothing approved for that area yet and that they are just clearing it out and getting it ready for a new attraction (similar to what is going on at WOL at Epcot).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom