HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

dxwwf3

dxer07002 said:
I still haven't found the connection.. What am I missing??

I think it's just Monstropolis is the city in Monsters Inc. which is a take on Metropolis. Maybe I'm missing something if that's not it :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
dxer07002 said:
Then is it possible they are fakes??? I missed that when I saw the pics originally...
they seem real enough to me... some people don't ever bother to set the date on their camera.

Pongo

mkt said:
they seem real enough to me... some people don't ever bother to set the date on their camera.

I sure don't.

I don't think we should count the pictures as fake just because of something as trivial as a pre-set date. I think they're authentic.

brkgnews

Yeah, everytime I recharge my camera batteries the date defaults to 2001 (take out batteries, put in wall charger for 8 hrs, return to camera = wiped memory). Probably the same case with the photos we've seen.

Like I've said, if this is a hoax, it's a doozy of one, complete with a real architect and the correct placement of the north arrow (see page three of this thread).

As for monstropolis -- think of all the money they'll save on metal letters. :D

flFigment

ok so after reading all what 200 plus posts there are a few of us that are either newbies or not that hardcore users to figure out where these pictures are. Any body got any idea where they are so I can see what all the heebablue is about with Monsters Inc going into tomorowland.

Personally I think Monsters Inc is onw of the most underrated movies Disney has. I rather watch Monsters Inc any time rather than watch The Incredibles.

So where are these pictures?

This is terribly disappointing news -- one of the most creative attractions in Tomorrowland replaced by yet another lame, cheapo stage show. What a waste...

Connor002

cornnibblitz said:
This is terribly disappointing news -- one of the most creative attractions in Tomorrowland replaced by yet another lame, cheapo stage show. What a waste...

It has not even been built!

wannab@dis

marni1971 said:
Indeed, but cornnibblitz is right about Timekeeper.
Timekeeper creative? I think a lot of people would disagree. ;)

A circlevision with a couple of AA's. Nope, it doesn't seem to hit very high on the creativity meter to me.

Edit.. just because I didn't see it as "very creative" doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it. However, it wasn't a show that we saw on every trip.

tirian

Science Fiction:

A portal into another dimension.

Is it a stretch for Monsters, Inc? Yes. But does an attraction like this have the potential to be excellent? Absolutely!

p.s. Don't take this as confirmation about what's going on in there. At this point, I can't get a straight answer from anyone; Disney has pretty much banned everyone except those working on the project from going into the building.

edit: Is Monstropolis on another planet, in another dimension, or both? Hmmm...

speck76

What we have here is something called subjective criticism

By this I mean the evaluation of Timekeeper as good or bad, a marvel or not, is in the eyes of whoever is posting the comment.

Now, anyone could argue that there really is no objective criticism on any form of entertainment....we all have our own tastes (there is no black and white, right or wrong opinion, because there is no FACT that Timekeeper was a good attraction, only opinions).....so really a subjective route is the only route possible. At that point, we need to look at Subjectivism of the masses....and from the lack of attendance for the attraction over time, it simply did not have mass appeal....if it did, it would still be open.

(certain people would have you believe that when operated seasonally, it was always very busy....but this is not only false, but also an unfair judgement....as it was only operated on the busiest days of the year)

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
At that point, we need to look at Subjectivism of the masses....and from the lack of attendance for the attraction over time, it simply did not have mass appeal....if it did, it would still be open.

Fair enough.

But let me also ask, do you think that an original attraction with no merchandise has a shorter leash when it comes to attendence than an attraction like Philharmagic or SGE that pushes character merchandise?

speck76

dxwwf3 said:
Fair enough.

But let me also ask, do you think that an original attraction with no merchandise has a shorter leash when it comes to attendence than an attraction like Philharmagic or SGE that pushes character merchandise?
probably....the bottom line is of course, the bottom line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom