HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:
If you do a good search, you will find plenty of changes rumors that I liked. I can't think of many now, but one for example that I can think of was an old rumor that came about that the Indy stunt show in MGM was going to be replaced by a stunt show based off of the POTC movies and that would give the go ahead to build an indy ride later on in the future. I was very excited about it in my post on that thread. It may not be happening, but oh well, its an example.

I'm glad you understood that my post was not being mean or flaming you, just an observation. If you can't think of examples, I bet you can understand why others see a majority of your reactions as negative.

MeTa

Tahu said:
Well, the doors ARE teleporters. Otherwise I can't think of anything else justifying Monsters Inc in Tommorowland.

Maybe in the tomorrowland "Future" we wil be hanging out owith monster from our ngihtmares? Who knows??

Captain Chaos

Why all the negative posts?

1. Disney has not officially announced this will be the replacement for Timekeeper, so who knows how true this is... Even though thngs point to a Monsters Inc show...

2. The Imagineers can and will make it fit in Tomorrowland... Monsters Inc fits better than some 7 MPH car ride (Indy Speedway)

3. As I have said before, I will say again, if you don't like it, then don't go... 16 million visitors or more a year.. Disney will not miss one...

Face it.. Monsters Inc is a popular and money making franchise.. Disney wants to capitalize on the success... As long as the show is good, who cares if it is in MK or MGM??? I say give us more new shows/attractions to keep us coming to the parks and enjoying new things to do.. Do not knock until you experience for yourself.. Then pass judgement.

speck76

dxer07002 said:
Why all the negative posts?

1. Disney has not officially announced this will be the replacement for Timekeeper, so who knows how true this is... Even though thngs point to a Monsters Inc show...

2. The Imagineers can and will make it fit in Tomorrowland... Monsters Inc fits better than some 7 MPH car ride (Indy Speedway)

3. As I have said before, I will say again, if you don't like it, then don't go... 16 million visitors or more a year.. Disney will not miss one...

Face it.. Monsters Inc is a popular and money making franchise.. Disney wants to capitalize on the success... As long as the show is good, who cares if it is in MK or MGM??? I say give us more new shows/attractions to keep us coming to the parks and enjoying new things to do.. Do not knock until you experience for yourself.. Then pass judgement.

yea!

another voice of reason

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Trust me - if you will - this is happening. It will be official soon enough.

I think what irks those who are irked is that Tomorrowland a decade (or a bit less) ago was near perfect for an overall, well planned and intergrated theme with some very well thought out and designed attractions - not to mention new non film-based charecters that worked perfectly in their respective attractions. Leaving Buzz out of the equation, it could be seen that TL is in danger of becoming as disjointed as it was in 1993 - however I`m sure MI will be a great experience and look forward to it.

Anyone spot the connection to the Metropolis Science Center and Monstropolis yet?

Captain Chaos

speck76 said:
yea!

another voice of reason

Don't know if this is sarcasm or if you agree with me... :)

Plain and simple.. We do not work for Imagineering therefore we do not know the plans... Let's wait to see what happens first and how the show really is...
I for one gave Stitch a chance.. I was excited about this attraction since Stitch became one of my favorite characters.. HOWEVER, after actually seeing the attraction myself, WOW Disney could have done a better job, in my opinion... But that is me... We all have different tastes.. Let's just wait until the show is a go and is done.. Then we can all go see it and review it afterwards...

speck76

marni1971 said:
Trust me - if you will - this is happening. It will be official soon enough.

I think what irks those who are irked is that Tomorrowland a decade (or a bit less) ago was near perfect for an overall, well planned and intergrated theme with some very well thought out and designed attractions - not to mention new non film-based charecters that worked perfectly in their respective attractions. Leaving Buzz out of the equation, it could be seen that TL is in danger of becoming as disjointed as it was in 1993 - however I`m sure MI will be a great experience and look forward to it.

Anyone spot the connection to the Metropolis Science Center and Monstropolis yet?

While the mid-90's renovation of TL may have made a great theme, and a conhesive land, that point obviously was missed by a great many people. If the mid-90's renovation was actually what the general public wanted, it would still be here today.

Captain Chaos

speck76 said:
it was not sarcasm....if it was, I would have done this :rolleyes:

LoL.. I didn't think it was since I read your posts and we kind of said the same thing, just worded differently..

Still trying to figure out what is similar to Metropolis and Mostropolis.. Hmm.

Post edit: This is post 1000.. took me long enough LoL

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
speck76 said:
While the mid-90's renovation of TL may have made a great theme, and a conhesive land, that point obviously was missed by a great many people. If the mid-90's renovation was actually what the general public wanted, it would still be here today.

Not sure if it was a hit or not, but in general you are right. Even if it was a hit, individual attractions would still need updating from time to time. Disneyland and all of its clones were big hits, but they would be failures today if they existed in their original format.

One thing I'm suprised no one has mentioned is that there should be excitement about Monsters, Inc. attractions just based on the creativity/originality of the movie. There are so many neat avenues one could've taken with this movie, that I'm actually suprised we haven't seen more things based on it in the parks.

I think mousemerf hit upon this, but one thing that is exciting about all of these updates and additions for me is that I am going through by far my longest break between visits in my life and there will be a lot of new stuff for me to check out when I visit again. Now, if I can just convince my in-laws that I want to stay on site despite the fact its more expensive.

dxwwf3

marni1971 said:

:sohappy:

BTW, I'm not upset with Monsters Inc coming in. So I'm not irked about the possible addition. I just loved the quote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom