Hostages Taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
A man has entered Clinton's campaign office with an alleged bomb strapped to him and has taken hostages demanding to speak to Hillary.

It's on the main MSN site.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Please keep this non-political. I know it's tough considering the subject matter but I only posted this because of the hostage situation...not the main political figure that it's revolving around.

JML42691

The local NBC station has been covering this for the past hour at least. Here are some points of what they have been saying:
  • A man in his 40s
  • Started around 1:00 PM
  • Entered office and demmanded to speak with Hilary (who was at her home) in another state
  • No certainty about who the man is (conflicting information)
  • The man was drunk
  • Has several road flares attached to his chest
  • A woman and baby were released within minutes
  • 2 women were laterly relesed
  • They are not sure whether there are any more hostages inside.
  • 4-5 square blocks have been evacuated

accord99cutie

Premium Member
This is about 5-10 minutes form my house, one of the guys I work with cant get home becuase his house is in Downtown Rochester. The just released another hostage

JML42691

He just surrendered to the police, finally it is over. WHDH-7 has live video of him being handcuffed.

accord99cutie

Premium Member
He has just been arrested, he came out with his hands up, and was just put into the police car. After 5 and a half hours he has given up. all 4 hostages were let out before he went out himself. Also, it started at 1 today, and it has just been announced that he had a domestic dispute court case scheduled at 1:30... possibly the reason why this whole thing happened.

sbkline

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered how a single suspect is able to hold hostages by himself. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks of this kind of thing, but it occurs to me that he's gonna have to go to the can at some point. And that usually requires both hands. So what's to stop all the hostages from leaving while he's on the throne? Or from taking his gun while his hands are eh...occupied?

We actually had such a situation not too long ago around here. There was a hostage situation at a bank about 20 miles from us. After it was all over, I posed that question to one of our security officers at the courthouse I was working at, and ironically enough, he said that that was just how the situation came to an end. The guy had to use the can, so the hostage took his gun while he was doing his business, and ended the situation. :lol:

accord99cutie

Premium Member
This guy had supposed explosives attatched to him.. Im sure they figured if they tried to do anything that they could possibly set it off, or he could. plus, he had told them that he would not do anything to them, and they were all young.. early 20's I believe. They probably figured just do as he says, and Ill be safe... I know If I had been one of 4 hostages that I would be like, "do as he says... and dont do anything stupid!"

wdwishes2005

I'm of the same line of thought sbk- I always carry a pretty sizeable blade on me. I never understood how one person could keep 4-5 people at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom