Hollywood Studios Park Wide Changes Incoming?

Indy_UK

I just feel that you'll have these lovely new lands in the back corner of the park and yet the rest sounds like it's going to be untouched in the short term. They really can't get away with not touching Animation courtyard and echo lake at the minimum.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just feel that you'll have these lovely new lands in the back corner of the park and yet the rest sounds like it's going to be untouched in the short term. They really can't get away with not touching Animation courtyard and echo lake at the minimum.

I'll agree that Animation Courtyard is a mess.

But Echo Lake does a good job of an era of L.A./Hollywood "that never was and always will be" (especially at Christmas). Now, if we have to lose Echo Lake for a better 'land', that would be OK with me. But, IMO, it's perfectly fine and coordinates well with the open walkways of DHS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Echo is fine from every angle. The theatres aren’t ugly, the TSR facades are still fine. Animation courtyard would have been on borrowed time had SWL gone behind Indy. So it’s not indispensable but that plan seems to have stalled.

GlacierGlacier

Improving cohesiveness of the park after MMRR, SWL, and TSL should include a re-focus of overall themeing. Clear separation and detail improvements all throughout. There are well-designed and themed areas all throughout the park, but each and every one is ruined by at least one scar (exception of Hollywood Boulevard, once the star wars show disappears). Animal Kingdom (minus the Nemo theater) is a beautiful example of what cohesive world-building looks like. Nearly everything feels organic and like it belongs. DHS right now feels (because it basically is now) like a dumping ground with themes and environments being trampeled over with no care.

I make fun of IOA since you can see the Jurrasic Park greeting building from the Harry Potter FJ queue, but that's not nearly as bad as walking down this turn of the century sunset boulevard towards the wonderfully themed hotel and suddenly having a contemporary rock coaster to your left and a concrete maze for an aging show to your right.

UpAllNight

My issue isn’t really the theming of any area it’s just quantity of rides and the age of the shows. I do think the place needs atleast one new themed area, along with show updates and a few new attractions scattered around though. But it’s atleast unquestionably moving in the right direction (which wasn’t exactly difficult)

matt9112

That’s not a popular opinion ... but I share it.
Gertie doesn’t work for me either.

yeah not popular but I'm in agreement too. it's just a giant waste of space. sentimental to alot ot people though.

my biggest complaint is actually the Avenue where ABC commisionary is. it's so bland and just back lot looking. in my head I figure they could dump the commisionary turn it into a real theme oriented QSR. like maybe street farish. and than run rope lights across the walkway and plant some nice greenery along the back of the old theaters maybe even some lattice work really build a quaint ally redo the facades to look more stoop like.
could even turn American idol building into a big store and have stair access from rear creating this warm environment. tuck a small walk up bar on the back of aformentioned store and bingo.

Movielover

but that's not nearly as bad as walking down this turn of the century sunset boulevard towards the wonderfully themed hotel and suddenly having a contemporary rock coaster to your left and a concrete maze for an aging show to your right.

Sunset Blvd is supposed to be flux in time. You start at the 20's with Hollywood Blvd and move through time as you work your way down the street ending with TOT in present day.

Indy_UK

That echo lake area could be a lovely outdoors seating area for dinning or something but Gertie makes absolutely no sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom