Hollywood Studios Park Wide Changes Incoming?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Lots of Imagineering presence here today walking through the park, measuring things, making notes. Obviously the rumor is that there is more to come but it's nice to see them out and about. I saw a large group walking up and down Sunset Blvd.

Just wanted to share.

wdwfan4ver

It is possible that it's more than TOT on Sunset Blvd . Aerosmith already mentioned back in June that they have plans of breaking up after their farewell tour. There has been rumors in the past about Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage going away also.

elchippo

I'd really rather the e ticket not go on sunset Blvd because there are already two very popular rides and it gets very congested at the time around Fantasmic. Imo echo lake could use something to draw crowds once SWL opens
I'm happy though that Echo Lake seems to be staying. It seems for every big thing they've announced or already done that depresses me, there's a small, tiny win that helps ease the pain.

clemmo

I'm happy though that Echo Lake seems to be staying. It seems for every big thing they've announced or already done that depresses me, there's a small, tiny win that helps ease the pain.
I do enjoy echo lake however I just don't think the stunt show and star tours will be able to really help take away from SWL crowds like Sunset Blvd and TSL can. I think an IJ replacement of the stunt show would be great and not too big of a change.

Daveeeeed

Not sure. My initial thought would be that the building is in line to be rethemed / remodeled but considering Starbucks just moved in there that seems unlikely.
Exteriors. If they intend on adding an attraction near there they may want to have the area around it feel fresh.

MagicHappens1971

Not sure. My initial thought would be that the building is in line to be rethemed / remodeled but considering Starbucks just moved in there that seems unlikely.
Yeah my initial thought was that they'd be retheming the building, but as you said they just put Starbucks in early 2015, so that seems unlikely.

Daveeeeed

Yeah my initial thought was that they'd be retheming the building, but as you said they just put Starbucks in early 2015, so that seems unlikely.
[insertnamehere] had a thought that the new ride could replace American Idol/ Sounds Dangerous theaters. It could be that they want the area to look more like each other, so maybe there could be an exterior change. @marni1971 if you can give us info is this a possibility?

MagicHappens1971

@[insert name here] had a thought that the new ride could replace American Idol/ Sounder Dangerous theaters. It could be that they want the area to look more like each other, so maybe there could be an exterior change.
I just saw that on the other thread. That would be interesting, but I can't see them overhauling the whole theme of Sunset Blvd & Hollywood BLVD.

Daveeeeed

I just saw that on the other thread. That would be interesting, but I can't see them overhauling the whole theme of Sunset Blvd & Hollywood BLVD.
Not the whole area, but kind of how they updated Jungle Cruise in Disneyland after Indy went next door to make them feel more cohesive.

MagicHappens1971

Not the whole area, but kind of how they updated Jungle Cruise in Disneyland after Indy went next door to make them feel more cohesive.
I haven't been to DL yet, but I get the idea of what you're saying. I wonder what kind of attraction they'd put in that space, and how they'd make it fit thematically.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom