Hollywood Studios New Name?

*Q*

I'm hoping for "Disney Intellectual Property Adventure"

Personally, I think Hollywood Adventure sounds okay but I like "Disney's Movie Kingdom" best. That way we have Magic Kingdom, Movie Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT. Yes Epcot stands out, but it's also the least conventional of the four parks. If anything, I'd say rename it back to Epcot Center so it fights in with the "Idea Location" scheme.

That will just encourage them to rename Epcot to Something-or-other Kingdom.

graphite1326

Good question -- though WDW has announced that it would be eliminating all of those "studio" themes from the park over time...

Mostly, I think, its because movies and tv shows just aren't made like that anymore, for the most part.
Studio themes; Do you think Streets of America will someday be gone? I like walking through it myself but other than that it's kinda wasted space. Also with the Osborn lights gone maybe that is in the plans.

Last edited:

Ironace

If I had to choose between the two, I go with Kingdom. Adventure is to vague as there are many things that are anything but adventurous. I think that they should drop the Hollywood though. There has always been the confusion concerning what attractions like RnRC or ToT had to do with Hollywood (other then location) Music and TV were actually the direction of those themes.
adventure kingdom

Goofyernmost

Studio themes; Do you think Streets of America will someday be gone? I like walking through it myself but other than that it's kinda wasted space. Also with the Osborn lights gone maybe that is in the plans.
Just a guess, but, I'd say it is as good as burnt toast and it will be in a dumpster or two very soon. It really has no mission at all anymore, no promoted background and, as you say... a total waste of space. Even if the lights weren't definitely out of there, you don't keep a prime piece of property there and maintained just to hang lights on for one season of the year.

tongaloosh

What about something like "Phase 3"? It's ambiguous enough that anything could go into the park. Nobody knew what an "EPCOT" was at first either. Now thanks to Walt and people experiencing the park, it's a well-known word.

Whatever they end up going with, I too hope they stop with the ridiculous "Disney/Disney's" word shoved into the title.

Brer Panther

How about "Disney's Star Wars Toy Story Frozen Muppets Indiana Jones Disney Junior and Whatever's Gonna Be Phase Three With Hollywood Theming Here and There Park"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom