Hollywood Studios New Name?

Fox&Hound

Hollywood = movies.

Movies = Star Wars, Toy Story and more. So when we enter the world of hollywood we enter the world of the movies which is the theme of the park.

Yeah, I fully understand that. I'm just saying, in execution, these experiences they offer of "live the movie" is no different than the Frozen ride at Epcot or the mine train at MK. When they offered the studio tour or when they showed you a peek behind the curtain at the Indiana Jones stunt show you could argue that they were showing you how movies were being made. With those things disappearing, all you are left with is riding through your favorite movie and meet and greets i.e. Immersive theming that is no different than say riding Peter Pan and then meeting Wendy and Pan outside the ride. The theming is a bit more but do you see what I am saying? Maybe they will drop the focus on the movies since the peek behind the curtain aspect is gone.

Phicinfan

Hollywood = movies.

Movies = Star Wars, Toy Story and more. So when we enter the world of hollywood we enter the world of the movies which is the theme of the park.
So Disney's Hollywood Experiences? I agree that is the direction the park seems to be going, experiencing the movies rather than just watching them. Just not sure Hollywood is the tie in anymore.

Disney's Cinematic Experience...may be more appropriate. Not alot comes out of Hollywood per say anymore...

ToTBellHop

So Disney's Hollywood Experiences? I agree that is the direction the park seems to be going, experiencing the movies rather than just watching them. Just not sure Hollywood is the tie in anymore.

Disney's Cinematic Experience...may be more appropriate. Not alot comes out of Hollywood per say anymore...
Disney is blunt now. No more nuance in park or attraction naming.

Disney Movie Fun Park

HouseHacker97

I fee like if you consider animated movies "Hollywood" then aren't all the parks Hollywood lol

Most of the rides at MK have connections to old Disney movies. DHS needs to be more unique to be considered the Hollywood park

HouseHacker97

DHS doesn't even have only-movie rides either lol like RRR isn't a movie and TOT wasn't inspired by a movie (DHS's top 2 rides) and I bet 70% of visitors don't know about the movie that was created afterwards. Is it obvious I don't like the theme yet?;)

Matt_Black

DHS doesn't even have only-movie rides either lol like RRR isn't a movie and TOT wasn't inspired by a movie (DHS's top 2 rides) and I bet 70% of visitors don't know about the movie that was created afterwards. Is it obvious I don't like the theme yet?;)

You know Hollywood encompasses the entertainment industry as a whole, yes? If that no-prize answer doesn't work for you, then there was a Twilight Zone movie in the 80s, and Aerosmith has appeared in several films.

HouseHacker97

You know Hollywood encompasses the entertainment industry as a whole, yes? If that no-prize answer doesn't work for you, then there was a Twilight Zone movie in the 80s, and Aerosmith has appeared in several films.

I guess you're right :( I just never thought Disney nailed the theme so I want them to get it right this time around

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Take it for what it's worth but this weekend I was shooting the you know what with a CM and they confirmed that the "Hollywood" moniker would remain in the name. He wouldn't disclose the rest of the name. Also mentioned that the main entrance would be re-done. Im sure the insiders here already knew this but I thought it was a fun fact to share

Herbie

Take it for what it's worth but this weekend I was shooting the you know what with a CM and they confirmed that the "Hollywood" moniker would remain in the name. He wouldn't disclose the rest of the name. Also mentioned that the main entrance would be re-done. Im sure the insiders here already knew this but I thought it was a fun fact to share

Can you define main entrance... Hollywood Blvd/Crossroads of the World, or the actual entrance (that was replicated for DCA)?

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
The entrance has been in the talks for a while now and most people already knew about it. The fact that a CM knew about it is not that surprising. The CM saying that the name will include Hollywood.... well, it's a CM.
I figured as much. I take a lot of the things that CMs say with a grain of salt

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom