Hollywood Studios New Name?

Jedi-Joe

Some of these are more serious, with others more in jest.

All Star Movies Adventure
All Star Movies World
Disney's Entertainment World (DEW)
Disney's Entertainment Park
Entertainment Kingdom
Entertainment Land
Entertainment Adventureland
Disney's other Half Day Park
Pixar's Lucasfilm World
Pixar's Lucasfilm Movie World
Pixar's Hollywood Lucasfilm Movie World
Mickey's Got Movies Park (MGM Park)

Tom P.

I don't know what it should be called, but I agree that enough is enough with everything being prefaced by "Disney's". All of this stuff is at Walt Disney World. We get that it's part of Disney.

G00fyDad

I don't know what it should be called, but I agree that enough is enough with everything being prefaced by "Disney's". All of this stuff is at Walt Disney World. We get that it's part of Disney.

On some level we agree, but DAK and DHS parks have always been that way so it is logical to assume that DHS will may remain "Disney's ..." Of course that does not mean that it is set in stone. I think that in the attempt to come up with a new name it is natural to add Disney to the beginning as a way of signifying who the park belongs to. I wouldn't mind seeing the name have a stand-alone title. Maybe the name Hollywood Adventure would work.

Goofyernmost

Perhaps we do, but, you would be amazed at how many people are not smart enough to figure that out. Many still think that Universal is part of Disney. For many naming Epcot, "Disney's Epcot" would be helpful. Just recently I underestimated the collective stupidity of people, I'm more cautious now.

JohnD

Perhaps we do, but, you would be amazed at how many people are not smart enough to figure that out. Many still think that Universal is part of Disney. For many naming Epcot, "Disney's Epcot" would be helpful. Just recently I underestimated the collective stupidity of people, I'm more cautious now.

"Magic Kingdom" and "Epcot" don't have "Disney's" because those names by themselves can be copyrighted. You can't copyright generic names like "Animal Kingdom" and the current "Hollywood Studios", hence putting "Disney's" in front of them.

Goofyernmost

"Magic Kingdom" and "Epcot" don't have "Disney's" because those names by themselves can be copyrighted. You can't copyright generic names like "Animal Kingdom" and the current "Hollywood Studios", hence putting "Disney's" in front of them.
Those that can't reliable identify a theme park in WDW as a Disney thing are not following copyright laws very closely either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom