Hollywood Strikes Are Over! - SAG-AFTRA agrees to a deal

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sigh This will never end! I guess Wish is in jeopardy!😢
Wish is not in jeopardy, and this will end eventually.

The point of the post is that its not AMPTP being stubborn causing all the delays in a deal being reached, SAG-AFTRA is also having internal issues which are affecting how this strike gets negotiated.

As the saying goes, it takes two to tango.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, it’s been long enough! The AMPTP or (in your case) witch Fran Drescher are not trying hard enough! This strike needs to end now! Ugh! I hate 2023!:banghead:
It will end when it ends, you saying over and over again in this and other threads that Hollywood is over is not going to make that go faster. Patience is the only thing that is going to help here.

Also its not "my case", those are the parties involved in the negotiations. You've been so quick to blame the AMPTP, I was just pointing out that SAG-AFTRA and their internal issues are also playing a part into why the strike drags on.

And lastly this has no affect on whether Wish gets released, its already been confirmed it will be next month as scheduled.

TsWade2

It will end when it ends, you saying over and over again in this and other threads that Hollywood is over is not going to make that go faster. Patience is the only thing that is going to help here.

Also its not "my case", those are the parties involved in the negotiations. You've been so quick to blame the AMPTP, I was just pointing out that SAG-AFTRA and their internal issues are also playing a part into why the strike drags on.

And lastly this has no affect on whether Wish gets released, its already been confirmed it will be next month as scheduled.
I’m sorry. I’m just not having a good day and it’s been complicated.

TP2000

Original Poster
Actress Melissa Gilbert, who was the SAG-AFTRA President in the early 2000's, is not happy with current leadership wasting time on Halloween costume dictates instead of spending time at the bargaining table.

SAG-AFTRA seems rather out of touch and not focused on the right things, in my opinion. And Laura Ingalls agrees with me.

TsWade2

Actress Melissa Gilbert, who was the SAG-AFTRA President in the early 2000's, is not happy with current leadership wasting time on Halloween costume dictates instead of spending time at the bargaining table.

SAG-AFTRA seems rather out of touch and not focused on the right things, in my opinion. And Laura Ingalls agrees with me.

Well, let's hope that Fran person doesn't act like a......well......a wicked witch of the west! Because this Hollywood strike must end and soon.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Yep, The Nanny appears to be out of her realm after this strike, bet she won’t be reelected.

TsWade2

Today the AMPTP and the SAG-AFTRA are back negotiation today. Okay, AMPTP, don’t screw this up this time, because I want this strike end and soon! And no more excuses! Because I‘m getting sick and tired of saying it’s the end of Hollywood or Disney!🙄

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Today the AMPTP and the SAG-AFTRA are back negotiation today. Okay, AMPTP, don’t screw this up this time, because I want this strike end and soon! And no more excuses!
Remember this isn't just about AMPTP, SAG-AFTRA has to be willing to negotiate in good faith as well and be willing to give up on some things into order to get a deal done. Just saying give me what I want or we continue to strike doesn't help.

It takes two to negotiate, not just one giving into every demand.

Because I‘m getting sick and tired of saying it’s the end of Hollywood or Disney!🙄
Well that is easy to fix, just stop saying it. Because you know its not true anyways.

LSLS

Today the AMPTP and the SAG-AFTRA are back negotiation today. Okay, AMPTP, don’t screw this up this time, because I want this strike end and soon! And no more excuses! Because I‘m getting sick and tired of saying it’s the end of Hollywood or Disney!🙄
Honestly I'm trying to figure out why you are SO invested in this.

TsWade2

Honestly I'm trying to figure out why you are SO invested in this.
Okay fine. But I have a feeling Disney Irish will go on me again. I was worried for Disney 100th anniversary and Disney’s Wish will flop, be cause of the strike. But I already know it won’t affect Disney’s 100th anniversary and Wish. But, regardless, this strike must end and soon. I will not say it’ll end today, but I would suggest (even though I don’t have control of it) that hopefully i’ll end on Halloween. Also, I wish everybody cut me some slack! 🥺

Phroobar

Okay fine. But I have a feeling Disney Irish will go on me again. I was worried for Disney 100th anniversary and Disney’s Wish will flop, be cause of the strike. But I already know it won’t affect Disney’s 100th anniversary and Wish. But, regardless, this strike must end and soon. I will not say it’ll end today, but I would suggest (even though I don’t have control of it) that hopefully i’ll end on Halloween. Also, I wish everybody cut me some slack! 🥺
So it is an anxiety thing that something is broke but you can't fix it but it bothers you a lot. Seems like this and Wish doing really well at the box office are trivial things to have so much anxiety about. Your not invested in either one.

Please don't fixate on the Israel-Gaza war or Ukraine-Russia were people are dying instead of rich people wanting more money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom