Hmmmm...what do you take back home from Disney?...shhhh

sublimesting

I bring used lightbulbs and old batteries from home and swap them out at Disney. Also take all of the tissues out of the box daily and the extra TP.

zurgandfriend

Other than the usually soap, shampoo and conditioner, my dear wife once borrowed a towel to wrap a glass figurine. She actually turned it next trip.

I did have to explain to my then 7 year old dear son that even though the comforter on his bed at the Wilderness Lodge was “really cool” unfortunately we couldn’t take it home and put it on his bed, but we would look for a comforter that was similar.

I’m pretty sure the Hudson Bay 4 point blanket we eventually purchased cost more than the comforter.

Bri1121

We dont even bring back that shampoos! But we do bring home maps, tickets, room keys, maybe a napkin, kid ______ epcot stuff, plane tickets, empty margarita bottles from the flight! Ha!

Fast passes we didn't make.

I always do a scrapbook so I try to take little things here there!

draybook

Now we know why they bolt the television sets down.

At my old friends bachelor's party we ended up crashing in the same room as the bride's party. In the morning I realized that I didn't have a wedding gift for them so I took the television from the room and put it in the trunk of her car.

Yeah, I was young and stupid but I will say it wasn't at a Disney hotel, but rather a local Memphis Knights Inn.

NewfieFan

I bring used lightbulbs and old batteries from home and swap them out at Disney. Also take all of the tissues out of the box daily and the extra TP.

:ROFLOL: Kind of reminds me of a Friends episode (the one where Ross explains what is complimentary and what is stealing).

I take the shampoo, soap etc. I also take home extra napkins (I don't purposely take extra but you always take more than you need and I hate throwing them away). And of course park maps!

We take shampoo and soaps (disposable stuff) that I think is part of my room rate, but never towels, mugs, etc. I am just a rule follower and to me that is stealing. Just think if everyone took the towels. {Make jokes about me if you want, I can take it:animwink: }

As far as the towel animals, a CM gave one to my daughter as we were leaving to go home. She told her she could keep it. That is the only time we have taken one. I am sure if you really want one any CM would give it to you.

dave&di

The OP has done it now. There are some people on this forum will say that taking towels is the same as stealing cars, trespassing and swimming in other people's pools, and blowing second hand smoke in peoples faces.

Take a towel if you want! I suppose you would only take a towel from a poolside you've not paid to swim in! Don't hold grudges lifes too short. :D

Epcot is my fav

We dont even bring back that shampoos! But we do bring home maps, tickets, room keys, maybe a napkin, kid ______ epcot stuff, plane tickets, empty margarita bottles from the flight! Ha!

Fast passes we didn't make.

I always do a scrapbook so I try to take little things here there!

fastpasses can be used anytime after the allotted hour for that day.....so you can really use them because they dont go to waste until the next day. You just cant go early, but anytime after is good.

puntagordabob

I take the little Mickey Mouse coasters that they put under the coffee cups and glasses in the resort rooms. I have a bar in my basement and they make great one-use bar coasters. One time housekeeping got so tired of me taking all the coasters from under the glasses every day that they left me a huge 4 inch stack of them. :lol:
lol......

sweetpee_1993

:ROFLOL: Kind of reminds me of a Friends episode (the one where Ross explains what is complimentary and what is stealing).

I take the shampoo, soap etc. I also take home extra napkins (I don't purposely take extra but you always take more than you need and I hate throwing them away). And of course park maps!

I think this taking of more napkins than you need is a mom-thing. I do that. It's for spill prevention. If I don't take a mess of napkins something will spill and we will need them. If I have them then we won't use them all. And, I too can't see throwing away useful napkins. So I'll tuck a few in my bag and whip one out whenever the spontaneous need arrises. :wave:

CP_alum08

The resort black pens:wave:

Me too, but not just the black ones. When I used to work there I would come home with them in my pockets all the time. I know they are just normal Bic pens, but I got so used to writing with them that I couldn't give them up. Now every time we go I'm on a mission to get as many as possible so my drawer doesn't run low!

Caluori

QUOTE: Actually, I was concerned with finding rocks in my washing machine. That used to be a big problem with that kid.
This is still a huge problem with our son. I'm just thankful its not frogs or snakes. He has occasionally put a frog that he saved from the pool into the tub. Now we have a crock that he puts his special rocks into. And yes he can tell you where each came from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom