HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Aramar

It’s listed as an “expansion pad” so there is a chance there, HK has too many restaurants as it is (Clopins is another one that’s always closed but it doesn’t have a lot of space)
According to the app, Clopin's restaurant is open many days now. Maybe with Frozen Fantasyland has become more popular.

Supersnow84

Do you reckon D23 will give us anything besides the marvel attraction and the reimagining

The park has been coasting on this current expansion since what……..2016, do you think they will wait it out or announce more beyond that with the parks momentum

Gusey

I think it'll probably be Marvel and maybe the Re-imagineering (I've got a feeling that they're going to announce Space Mountain updates for Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris). The only other announcement that could happen for Hong Kong is the 20th anniversary parade

BrianLo

I think just the Marvel attraction for the major ticket item and that’s a ok. HK has the best build cycle out of all. Ya it helps it’s just one gate, but the cadence even with a pandemic delay has been great.

BrianLo

Give me the Marvel E, a dark ride in Fantasyland and a piratey flume ride and I’ll happily go back.

Or maybe we are already 😁

Plenty of space for both adjacent to Frozen and Grizzly Gulch. But they can take their gradual time IMO. It’s a great park as is.

Though they can pick a different subject matter for the flume. Differentiation from Shanghai generally works to their favour.

Supersnow84

Someone posted a picture at D23 that (honestly may be the same as last year) the e ticket ride vehicles look similar to Peter Pan at fantasy springs and/or the Spider-Man ride at IOA

definitely seems like a super good filler ride to round out the north side of the park but I’m not sure it’ll be able to take park headliner away from mystic manor (and unless the reimagining is a space upgrade on the level of de la Terre a la lune I doubt it’ll be it either)

I’m not expecting it but I’m sorta hopeful they go all out and give the park one more big e ticket (the grizzly gulch log flume is always a popular suggestion). A revamped space, marvel Peter Pan and a big e ticket log flume would truly make it a full 2 day park considering the quality of its entertainment relative to its size

Gusey

Someone posted a picture at D23 that (honestly may be the same as last year) the e ticket ride vehicles look similar to Peter Pan at fantasy springs and/or the Spider-Man ride at IOA

definitely seems like a super good filler ride to round out the north side of the park but I’m not sure it’ll be able to take park headliner away from mystic manor (and unless the reimagining is a space upgrade on the level of de la Terre a la lune I doubt it’ll be it either)

I’m not expecting it but I’m sorta hopeful they go all out and give the park one more big e ticket (the grizzly gulch log flume is always a popular suggestion). A revamped space, marvel Peter Pan and a big e ticket log flume would truly make it a full 2 day park considering the quality of its entertainment relative to its size
It seems that any info about the attraction at the Imagineering booth only refers to DCA. Any chance it could be a different attraction for Hong Kong?

Supersnow84

It seems that any info about the attraction at the Imagineering booth only refers to DCA. Any chance it could be a different attraction for Hong Kong?

It’s difficult to know. As per the information we have HK is already getting the ball rolling (if that means hiring, drawing up plans or actually moving dirt we don’t really know) and DCA is still in development hell.

I feel like if HK was further along then there should be some information about it at D23 than DCA not less

Gusey

It’s difficult to know. As per the information we have HK is already getting the ball rolling (if that means hiring, drawing up plans or actually moving dirt we don’t really know) and DCA is still in development hell.

I feel like if HK was further along then there should be some information about it at D23 than DCA not less
Yeah, any photos of seen of the booth just says Avengers Attraction, doesn't actually say which park. But the media event going on seems to suggest it is for DCA, or else they would have confirmed for Hong Kong

Supersnow84

Yeah, any photos of seen of the booth just says Avengers Attraction, doesn't actually say which park. But the media event going on seems to suggest it is for DCA, or else they would have confirmed for Hong Kong
It either seems to suggest one of two possible things

1) they are different attractions and HK is holding its cards close to its chest, either for the parks panel or an independent announcement the city itself organises

2) they believe DCA to be more important given the even is in Anaheim so they just kinda assume people will go “oh yeah that’s also coming to HK as well”

I’d prefer the former but am leaning towards the latter

1) they are different attractions and HK is holding its cards close to its chest, either for the parks panel or an independent announcement the city itself organises

2) they believe DCA to be more important given the even is in Anaheim so they just kinda assume people will go “oh yeah that’s also coming to HK as well”

Maybe they are still getting the quinjet version of the ride that involved those really cool jetpack seats?
IMG_3416.jpeg

Can you imagine tbe backlash from Disneyland Fan's if Hong Kong got the quinjet ride and DCA gets the Multiverse ride
True! Although even though I’m local to Disneyland I would just be happy that the quinjet ride existed in some form. Because then I could just visit hkdl and ride it one day. Compared to currently where it doesn’t exist at all.

But yeah people would probably be mad, although i wouldn’t blame them considering it’s been years since the original announcement (2019) and we have been through like 3 revisions. It’s mid 2024 and ground still hasn’t broke on the new ride yet. And this “multiverse ride” is sort of disappointing compared to that jetpack version we were originally promised. But I do hope I’m wrong and that it turns out to be amazing

etc98

Has the ride ever been officially announced for Hong Kong? It’s already been announced as coming to DCA, so they have no problem talking about it in relation to DCA. But I don’t think when they announced the ride the first time they mentioned Hong Kong.

So my vote is for (3) this same attraction is still coming to Hong Kong, they just want to officially announce it as part of the parks panel, rather than casually mentioning it in a display at the Imagineering pavilion.

Supersnow84

Has the ride ever been officially announced for Hong Kong? It’s already been announced as coming to DCA, so they have no problem talking about it in relation to DCA. But I don’t think when they announced the ride the first time they mentioned Hong Kong.

So my vote is for (3) this same attraction is still coming to Hong Kong, they just want to officially announce it as part of the parks panel, rather than casually mentioning it in a display at the Imagineering pavilion.
It’s been officially announced that “a marvel e ticket attraction sharing development with DCA is confirmed to be built in stark expo”

J4546

I really loved the concept art for the marvel ride in HK, the massive building looked really cool imo and I hope it gets built, plus if they built the quin jet ride as a one off in only HK, id def go to HK for DL

Supersnow84

The announcement is from years ago right
Yes this is from way back in 2016 when they formally announced the expansion that’s just about to finish

There has been functionally no updates about HK while DCA has bounced between like 7 concepts in the same time, the only “new” announcement we have ever gotten is that recent one about how HK we’re getting the project started despite us still not really knowing what it is

SweetDuffy101

Yes this is from way back in 2016 when they formally announced the expansion that’s just about to finish

There has been functionally no updates about HK while DCA has bounced between like 7 concepts in the same time, the only “new” announcement we have ever gotten is that recent one about how HK we’re getting the project started despite us still not really knowing what it is
im curious that if it will be the same ride for both parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom