HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Ismael Flores

maybe they can go in a direction that would appeal to locals to come and have a few drinks and enjoy a night out? kind of what pleasure Island in WDW used to be. Would something like that work in Hong Kong

My attention is on the Marvel-themed area/attraction - because the R&D that's shared with another park (DCA?) means this may be finally getting off the ground in both?
Seems like construction may be starting soon:
IMG_4297.jpeg
IMG_4282.jpeg

X-filed

Another 2 parks 👋

That is wishful thinking. The Alice show will last 5 years, and if we consider the time required to dismantle and construct an E-ticket, we need to add three more years. So, nothing new before 2032.

Paris gave up its share of the quinjet funding when it reduced the scope of WDS (or whatever its new name is) that’s also when they dumped the mini galaxy’s edge

If a quinjet is getting off the ground it’ll only be from DCA and HKDL

Paris has decided to abandon an uninteresting mini-land with an unreliable attraction in favor of a unique E-ticket that will attract Disney fans from around the world, who are eager to see Pride Rock and experience an E-ticket based on Simba's story in real life. At the end of this first phase of transformation, we will have a retheme with Flight Force, 2 new flat rides in Adventure Way, 2 aquatic dark rides, and a shooting ride.

Supersnow84

whether pride rock gets off the ground or not is still up in the air for WDS but it doesn’t change the point that they dumped off their third of the share of funding quinjet and dumped galaxy’s edge to backload the expansion into a currently untested phase 2

Phase 1 is going to launch to little fanfare considering the only thing that’s still to be built is functionally arendelle and Paris is getting the worst of the 3 arendelles

Pride rock would be a fantastic addition to WDS and Paris’s soaring reputation and money seems to indicate it will get off the ground but we have no confirmation as of yet

X-filed

whether pride rock gets off the ground or not is still up in the air for WDS but it doesn’t change the point that they dumped off their third of the share of funding quinjet and dumped galaxy’s edge to backload the expansion into a currently untested phase 2

Phase 1 is going to launch to little fanfare considering the only thing that’s still to be built is functionally arendelle and Paris is getting the worst of the 3 arendelles

Pride rock would be a fantastic addition to WDS and Paris’s soaring reputation and money seems to indicate it will get off the ground but we have no confirmation as of yet
We are unsure if Paris was actually involved in the design of the Quinjet ride, and the fact that Flight Force has been designated as the default Avengers attraction from the start lends some credence to this idea.

It's important to understand that this version of Galaxy's Edge would have been reduced to a ride based on the least appreciated Star Wars characters with unreliable technology, a meet and greet, a parade route passing through the middle of the land, with only one shop and restaurant.

Besides, I don't see how this version of Arendelle, which will have the most rockwork, the largest body of water, a much wider and longer walkway, and the possibility of entering the castle, would be worse than Hong Kong's simply because it lacks a 20-second kiddie coaster.

The initial sets and props for The Lion King are already being fabricated or ordered by contractors.

Opinion or fact ?

Dont expect Alice to last the pitched 5 years.
Fact
Why so? Their priority will be to construct new worlds around the lake, such as Pandora or Cars Land.

Supersnow84

Paris arendelle is slightly larger in the area it shares with HK but the rock work is just to hide the fact that the land is in a flat area while HK’s is designed to back onto the mountains

Wandering oaks isn’t the difference it’s the fact that HK’s land is functionally two sub lands as it’s both arendelle village and the forest, and the forest also has playhouse in the woods which is ironically the best addition to HK’s arendelle. Paris meanwhile is only the village with the castle designed to basically be the meet and greet.

Arendelle in Paris in the short term also has to deal with being isolated at the back of the lake without a strong anchor till the next stage gets off the ground

I don’t mind them dumping the half galaxy’s edge but until they actually confirm a next stage arendelle is going to be weirdly small and isolated at the back of the park

X-filed

Who’s? It reads more as an opinion.
It's important to understand that this version of Galaxy's Edge would have been reduced to a ride based on the least appreciated Star Wars characters with unreliable technology, a meet and greet, a parade route passing through the middle of the land, with only one shop and restaurant.
It is factual, and these facts led to the cancellation of this project.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is factual, and these facts led to the cancellation of this project.
That’s called opinion.

Cancellation was due to the usual internal politics, too many cooks, and cost.

If the theme was unpopular the US versions would have been reskinned. If Rise was unreliable it wouldn’t consistently be exceeding its THRC. But this is the Hong Kong thread.

Last edited:

X-filed

That’s called opinion.

Cancellation was due to the usual internal politics, too many cooks, and cost.

If the theme was unpopular the US versions would have been reskinned. If Rise was unreliable it wouldn’t consistently be exceeding its THRC. But this is the Hong Kong thread.
If it were really for cost reasons, they would not have gone so far as to elaborate the permits and take the necessary steps for its construction, especially if it was to allocate those funds to a 15-minute E-ticket ride that would cost as much, if not more. Although the attraction is better managed today, this was not the case when the decision was made. I would also add, to close the debate, that the characters are obviously not popular and do not represent what a fan expects from a Star Wars experience when visiting the park at the end of the 2020s or early 2030s. It is now the characters from The Mandalorian and the legacy characters of George Lucas and Filoni that are appreciated and expected in a Disney park.

X-filed

You’re getting opinion mixed up with fact again. I prefer the legacy characters too, but both GEs are doing well as they are. Ultimate proof of your claim would be a reskin of the US lands.
Besides the need to amortize the phenomenal cost of $2 billion for these two lands, they currently offer almost exclusively merchandise and character meet-and-greets inspired by the Mandoverse or the two original sagas. It wouldn't surprise me if, in a few years, the attractions themselves are updated. However, it is impossible to completely reskin the Rise of the Resistance attraction because each spacecraft, the destroyer hangar, the actors, the design of the stormtroopers, and the other animatronics and audio-visual effects would all need to be redone to fit another period of the Star Wars saga, which simply wouldn't be worth it.
It was a cost based decision. That’s from Glendale, where the decision was made.
You're getting opinion mixed up with fact again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You're getting opinion mixed up with fact again.
Not me. My track record should speak for itself. I hate saying that.

I’m not one to say you should believe me and nothing else. I write things as I know them and don’t really care if I’m believed or not. Never have done, never will. I’ll leave it at that.

Like I said this is the wrong forum for this.

Last edited:

IMDREW

Does anyone know how long the outside refurb of Mystic Manor will take? Will be there first week of september and would hate to see it boxed up.

Aramar

I don't want to derail the thread, but do you think that HKDL could replace the River View Cafe restaurant with a ride in the future? That restaurant seems to be always closed when I check the app and there's a bit more than 2500 sq meters in that area. Adventureland needs more attractions and I could see a classic dark ride there (themed to Moana, Jungle Book, Lilo & Stitch, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Encanto...).

Sin título.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't want to derail the thread, but do you think that HKDL could replace the River View Cafe restaurant with a ride in the future? That restaurant seems to be always closed when I check the app and there's a bit more than 2500 sq meters in that area. Adventureland needs more attractions and I could see a classic dark ride there (themed to Moana, Jungle Book, Lilo & Stitch, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Encanto...).

View attachment 798395
It did a sensational dinner show during Halloween season last year.

Supersnow84

View attachment 798395
It’s listed as an “expansion pad” so there is a chance there, HK has too many restaurants as it is (Clopins is another one that’s always closed but it doesn’t have a lot of space)

They said they were doing a reimagining alongside the avengers e ticket, there is a chance they decide to turn a restaurant or a show into a ride but there is also the consideration that HK kinda doesn’t need many more c tickets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom