HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

IMG_1848.jpeg
IMG_1849.jpeg
IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

Really strong numbers for the recovery of the park, close to its best attendance ever still operating on a 5-7 day schedule and its loss is basically a rounding error at this point

Rush

I went in January of this year and let me say that it was packed. We stayed for three nights at HK Disneyland Hotel and visited the park for one and a half day. The park is thriving and i swear the hotels seemed close to full capacity. Now is the time to invest in growing the resort. I sparked conversation with CM’s and they enjoyed how enthusiastic i am about the resort and it’s history. The not so great news is that it seems like this is it for this phase of expansion. Apparently, they had the old plans for the Avengers E-Ticket but Disney pulled it at some point and they’re still yet to receive any news about a potential replacement. However, it seems like that there’s things on the horizan for entertainment so that’s good at least. But, yeah. WoF is a MASSIVE win. Dare i say the most gorgeous land that Disney has made, and all it took is Imagineering collabing with nature 🤭

Supersnow84

I went in January of this year and let me say that it was packed. We stayed for three nights at HK Disneyland Hotel and visited the park for one and a half day. The park is thriving and i swear the hotels seemed close to full capacity. Now is the time to invest in growing the resort. I sparked conversation with CM’s and they enjoyed how enthusiastic i am about the resort and it’s history. The not so great news is that it seems like this is it for this phase of expansion. Apparently, they had the old plans for the Avengers E-Ticket but Disney pulled it at some point and they’re still yet to receive any news about a potential replacement. However, it seems like that there’s things on the horizan for entertainment so that’s good at least. But, yeah. WoF is a MASSIVE win. Dare i say the most gorgeous land that Disney has made, and all it took is Imagineering collabing with nature 🤭
I didn’t post it as part of that original data but for the year the hotel capacity was 77% (which when you account for the fact that Hollywood was closed for half of 2023’s financial year amounts to 86% capacity of “open” rooms

So your thought the hotels are near capacity is not far off at all

BrianLo

Really strong numbers for the recovery of the park, close to its best attendance ever still operating on a 5-7 day schedule and its loss is basically a rounding error at this point

Particularly since this is from FY 23 (which includes Oct-December 2022). Which was distinctly still a Pandemic window much more than it was in North America.

The results are really fantastic and I think represent the effort that has gone into this park that serially was underrepresented by the protests then the Pandemic.

Supersnow84

Of the tourist attractions that LegCo deems important enough to directly monitor HKDL has recovered the strongest by a country mile they would be fools to not capitalise on this momentum

If we cut out pandemic October-December 2022 and add arendelle 2023 then go full 7 day trading the park is already in the ballpark of 8 million + guests

The hotels are near capacity, the park at this point is being held back by its size not by its theoretically attendance which has been its struggle point since Shanghai opened

Still I wonder what this other thing besides the marvel attraction is

Of the tourist attractions that LegCo deems important enough to directly monitor HKDL has recovered the strongest by a country mile they would be fools to not capitalise on this momentum

If we cut out pandemic October-December 2022 and add arendelle 2023 then go full 7 day trading the park is already in the ballpark of 8 million + guests

The hotels are near capacity, the park at this point is being held back by its size not by its theoretically attendance which has been its struggle point since Shanghai opened

Still I wonder what this other thing besides the marvel attraction is
my bets on fantasyland, as its still undoubtedly the most underdeveloped land at HKDL. maybe a winnie the pooh reimagining? or a "new fantasyland" type package?

Supersnow84

Fantasyland is underdeveloped because the original part of it only has 1 ride (small world is considered an expansion and arendelle is both fantasyland and not fantasyland), I don’t think reimagining that one ride will really help (especially since it has a small footprint so it’s not even like they could turn it into a big “e ticket” honey hunt style fantasyland ride

They would either need to overhaul all of fantasyland as like a “fantasyland 2.0” with new theming (even if no rides are changing) or turn the royal banquet hall into a new dark ride

That or use the Toy Story plot for a new ride and call it part of fantasyland but they said reimagining not new ride

Fantasyland is underdeveloped because the original part of it only has 1 ride (small world is considered an expansion and arendelle is both fantasyland and not fantasyland), I don’t think reimagining that one ride will really help (especially since it has a small footprint so it’s not even like they could turn it into a big “e ticket” honey hunt style fantasyland ride

They would either need to overhaul all of fantasyland as like a “fantasyland 2.0” with new theming (even if no rides are changing) or turn the royal banquet hall into a new dark ride

That or use the Toy Story plot for a new ride and call it part of fantasyland but they said reimagining not new ride
or maybe they would rather do what disneyland did to tarzan's treehouse in terms of retheming? the treehouse has been closed a lot over the past few months, wouldnt be surprised if theyre planning something there

Supersnow84

I’m pretty sure they just redid the treehouse. It reopened just shy of a year ago and apparently it had been near completely refurbished but yeah those two are about the only options

Space is safe, marvel is safe you can’t really do anything with Astro orbiters, small world is safe, storybook theatre I guess could be made into a ride but I doubt it, teacups, carousel and dumbo you can’t do anything with, the original expansion lands are safe

So yeah it really comes down to something in fantasyland or something in Adventureland

I’m pretty sure they just redid the treehouse. It reopened just shy of a year ago and apparently it had been near completely refurbished but yeah those two are about the only options

Space is safe, marvel is safe you can’t really do anything with Astro orbiters, small world is safe, storybook theatre I guess could be made into a ride but I doubt it, teacups, carousel and dumbo you can’t do anything with, the original expansion lands are safe

So yeah it really comes down to something in fantasyland or something in Adventureland
think the treehouse remained relatively unchanged post-pandemic. maybe an update/reimagining of philharmagic? real estate in adventureland seems to be pretty much used up

Sir_Cliff

Is Space really off the cards? They seem to like changing the theming of that ride around quite a lot in the different parks, so another, more permanent change of theme could count as a 're-imagineering'. They're also leaning heavily into Tomorrowland being Marvel-land, which could suggest a permanent Marvel re-theme. A more dramatic upgrade of the track as in Tokyo would also be a possibility, but I can't see them doing that.

As you say, it's hard to see how any other rides really lend them to something like this without them redoing the relatively new Marvel attractions. Then what do they have left to re-imagineer?

Aramar

I think there are 3 options for the reimagined attraction:

1) Changing Hyperspace Mountain into Guardians of the Galaxy
2) A new 3D movie for Philarmagic (maybe the Zootopia one mentioned on last D23 for Animal Kingdom?)
3) Fully replacing Philarmagic by a small classic dark ride

MagicHK

I think there are 3 options for the reimagined attraction:

1) Changing Hyperspace Mountain into Guardians of the Galaxy
2) A new 3D movie for Philarmagic (maybe the Zootopia one mentioned on last D23 for Animal Kingdom?)
3) Fully replacing Philarmagic by a small classic dark ride

all three are good choice.
Really hope HKDL will stick to the original plan and build a E+ ticket!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom