HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

SplashJacket

Google earth just updated.

The land between TSL and Frozen has been cleared. It seems that part of the land is now backstage facilities and I think toy story mania is the best suit for this. It is too small for even a mini land and the transition will be bad. It is better to expand TSL and make it a more complete land. I love how you go under the train track and up to enter TSL. It feels more immersive. Making it a mini land themed to (e.g. Peter Pan) may not have the same effect as the lands are too small.

No progess on the land for Marvel E-ticket.
I was looking at this exact thing a couple days ago. I agree. It’s only a couple of acres so really not enough room for a large scale immersive Fantasyland addition.

Main park expansion pad left is between Grizzly and Lion King.

They could add another Fantasyland mini land between the Fantasyland Theater and Space.

They really don’t have a whole lot of room left for expansion in general.

In total:
  1. Grizzly/Adventureland plot
  2. Avengers E plot
  3. Toy Story Land plot
  4. Fantasyland/SM plot
1. Could be a huge land ~14 acres, so 3-4 rides.
2. Would be 1 ride.
3. Would be 1 ride
4. Could be about 2 rides.

Outside of a lot of replacements, I’m not sure what they do once they use those up. Only way to expand would be through a second park…

I guess they could go north of Tomorrowland and do another Grizzly-type loop that lakes over the parking lots.

SplashJacket

If they opt not to do the pirates flume, the Paris Lion King flume could be a great addition to the Grizzly plot…

Park is honestly pretty great as is (new castle and Frozen did so much to boost it), but I could see them building out TSMM, Avengers, and possibly even the LK flume over the next decade.

Park would be fantastic then.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

The plot between TSL and Frozen is larger than Mystic Point and TSL

You could definitely do another mini land with a single E ticket or a couple smaller rides

ThemeParkTraveller

If they opt not to do the pirates flume, the Paris Lion King flume could be a great addition to the Grizzly plot…

Park is honestly pretty great as is (new castle and Frozen did so much to boost it), but I could see them building out TSMM, Avengers, and possibly even the LK flume over the next decade.

Park would be fantastic then.

The concept art for the Pirates flume looked amazing. I believe it was canceled around the same time HKDL decided to go with the 3 mini lands instead. With SDL getting a full Pirates land in Treasure Cove, Lion King would indeed be a very good substitute IP for that location.

Supersnow84

More like now it’s no longer part of the Frozen works compound it’s been tidied up. I’d love to be wrong but I doubt it on this occasion.
Though a good chunk of frozen was also being performed from the current quinjet pad though I agree it’s most likely cleaning up of contractor sites

That said I do think that that pad will be next (of the non quinjet pads), if they don’t complete the outer loop as the park gets busier that detour though southern fantasyland is going to become a major choke point for the part

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Though a good chunk of frozen was also being performed from the current quinjet pad though I agree it’s most likely cleaning up of contractor sites

That said I do think that that pad will be next (of the non quinjet pads), if they don’t complete the outer loop as the park gets busier that detour though southern fantasyland is going to become a major choke point for the part
I doubt they would link the 2 areas given the service roads and evacuation route. Unless they went multi level. But now that it’s clear the size and potential is good to see.

Supersnow84

Many Hong Kong locals think that Adventureland occupies too much space but lack of attractions, they hope to rebuild AL. Is it possible to do in the future?
They could rebuild the existing AL but likely what they will do is make the large expansion plot south of east of grizzly into a “spiritual expansion” of AL like they did with arendelle and fantasyland

Even if they did redo it they are rather limited in what they can do as it’s the only land that bounded on all sides by other lands

They could pretty easily replace Tahitian terrace with maybe a C ticket but if they wanted an E ticket they need to rip jungle cruise and tarzans treehouse down and again since Adventureland is bounded on all sides by Other lands it would have to be a ride that could be viewed from all sides equally with no downsides (something like a HTH or JthCotE

Supersnow84

If I remember correctly at the time they ripped it down autopia was an active drain on the park’s resources

As in the cast required to run it and it’s maintenance didn’t remotely justify how many people actually rode it

As far as I know at the time it was the only ride that was like this as all the other rides were individually justifying their existence even if the park itself was in the red

In the Parks
Yes
If I remember correctly at the time they ripped it down autopia was an active drain on the park’s resources

As in the cast required to run it and it’s maintenance didn’t remotely justify how many people actually rode it

As far as I know at the time it was the only ride that was like this as all the other rides were individually justifying their existence even if the park itself was in the red
No matter what, rides deserve to be properly farewelled before they close!
HKDL just shuts down Stitch Encounter, Autopia, Flights of Fantasy and Paint the Night without adequate prior notice, which is very suboptimal
Buzz was the only one which got a more decent ending before its closure and reimagination

IMDREW

IMG_0813.jpeg

What an upgrade!

PiratesMansion

I'm sure there were plenty of valid reasons for nuking the HK Autopia, but it really was a very nice version of the ride. And yes, I know that lines are a reflection of capacity as well as popularity, but I do think it's worth pointing out that during my first visit in 2010, Autopia was by far the longest line I waited in at 30 minutes. We basically walked on to everything else.

The least they could have done was bring the electrified cars over to one of the other versions after the HK version closed.

Supersnow84

This is not helping much
Please announce new expansion plans asap...
The thing is they actually don’t need to

The park is still sailing on an upswing from arendelle that doesn’t seem to be flatlining putting the park solidly in the black for the first time in years even though HK is still experiencing some unfavourable conditions

It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that they wouldn’t really see a need to announce an expansion until something changes the current trajectory. The Shanghai announcement or fantasy springs might but I doubt it. Right now the park can afford to wait to D23 if they decide to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom