HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

They still have 5 billion HKD unused but that was earmarked for the avengers E ticket as of the last time we got actual official info on the subject

We still don’t know what they are going to do with that 5 billion @marni1971 implied in their other post that the cast members knew of an expansion coming but I don’t think they can divulge any details

It could be a retheme, it could be the avengers ride, it could be anything at this point
what do you guys think the hinted-at expansion could be? my bets are personally on the plot between grizzly and the pavilion being converted into a mini-land but i dunno

Supersnow84

what do you guys think the hinted-at expansion could be? my bets are personally on the plot between grizzly and the pavilion being converted into a mini-land but i dunno
I’m still expecting them to do something with the autopia plot

They ripped down one of their few rides to make the space and stark expo is woefully unfinished without it, unless they decided to redesign the entire Tomorrowland into stark expo

If not autopia then my next bet is the Toy Story plot, the imagineers must know with arendelle open the parks main deficit is in massive park wide headliners, with only 5 billion to work with they can’t afford to commit much to making an entire nother land because then they are going to run out of money for the ride itself, it’s why I think sticking to the original plan is the most likely, because the rest of stark expo is already done, they just need to plop a headliner in the space and call it a day, rather than build both the headliner and the land to support it

I’m still expecting them to do something with the autopia plot

They ripped down one of their few rides to make the space and stark expo is woefully unfinished without it, unless they decided to redesign the entire Tomorrowland into stark expo

If not autopia then my next bet is the Toy Story plot, the imagineers must know with arendelle open the parks main deficit is in massive park wide headliners, with only 5 billion to work with they can’t afford to commit much to making an entire nother land because then they are going to run out of money for the ride itself, it’s why I think sticking to the original plan is the most likely, because the rest of stark expo is already done, they just need to plop a headliner in the space and call it a day, rather than build both the headliner and the land to support it
true... hopefully the rumored avengers multiverse attraction is gonna be a headliner

Supersnow84

true... hopefully the rumored avengers multiverse attraction is gonna be a headliner
If it gets off the ground it will 100% be a headliner, it’s more if it will actually get off the ground, the franchise has been floundering recently and they can’t seem to nail a viable design for it

from what i could deduce from the concepts its most likely gonna take some level of inspiration from universal's spider man motion simulator/dark ride, but i hope it's something more than that cause of the next door iron man ride also being a simulator
(on the left is the official concept art from D23, and on the right is a 3d model of the spider man ride vehicle)
download (11).jpeg
6db88d6292a349eb86508c486ef943bd.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
from what i could deduce from the concepts its most likely gonna take some level of inspiration from universal's spider man motion simulator/dark ride, but i hope it's something more than that cause of the next door iron man ride also being a simulator
(on the left is the official concept art from D23, and on the right is a 3d model of the spider man ride vehicle)
View attachment 750591View attachment 750592
Moving through a physical space is far different to a simulator cabin. Done right both could co-exist (Rise and Bird survive side by side)

Markiewong

oh also according to this instagram reel () magicbands might be coming to HK?

Those machines are also installed in Paris, it wouldn't surprise if both parks will get magicbands in the future, but remember that that does not equal MyMagic+ or Genie+. In the Disneyland Resort they are also only used for park and attraction entry, not for the hotel doors. Disney Cruise only uses them for boarding and stateroom entry.

Bringing Magicbands (and in the future phone/smartwatch support) is pretty much a nobrainer for Disney. It speeds up the entry process, saves money for printing tickets and Magicbands are money printing machines.

Hopefully the dark ride is gonna be similar to rise of the resistance...but im probably setting my expectations too high
I wouldn't look at Rise since that is mostly physical with some screens mixed in. This will most likely be Disney's version of Universal's Spiderman ride. I am guessing that DisneySea is going to use the same ride system for Peter Pan since they look similar and will use 3D glasses as well.

Supersnow84

oh god not another screen based ride
I don’t know what they will build, the autopia plot could fit a TOT ride but the original quinjet plan was designed to fit the weird shape of the quinjet plot so I don’t know if they will be able to sub it out for the new multiverse ride and have it still work

Honestly while a screen based rise is not my top priority I still think the park is in the “anything D ticket or better is a positive addition even if it’s not the best thing they could have built something better”

I don’t know what they will build, the autopia plot could fit a TOT ride but the original quinjet plan was designed to fit the weird shape of the quinjet plot so I don’t know if they will be able to sub it out for the new multiverse ride and have it still work

Honestly while a screen based rise is not my top priority I still think the park is in the “anything D ticket or better is a positive addition even if it’s not the best thing they could have built something better”
im not sure if that would fit the overall aesthetic...ive heard rumors of this being a spiderman retheme of TOT but im not sure.

Supersnow84

im not sure if that would fit the overall aesthetic...ive heard rumors of this being a spiderman retheme of TOT but im not sure.
Weve discussed this previously on this thread and most people generally seem to agree that if they can’t get a quinjet off the ground that’s the next most likely option

It would mess with sightlines in the small park though

I do like the original quinjet facade but at this point I think the park would do better aiming for its unique style of small lands with 1 ride or so that are totally unique headliners

Weve discussed this previously on this thread and most people generally seem to agree that if they can’t get a quinjet off the ground that’s the next most likely option

It would mess with sightlines in the small park though

I do like the original quinjet facade but at this point I think the park would do better aiming for its unique style of small lands with 1 ride or so that are totally unique headliners
hm but i believe that someone in another thread pointed out that the concept art for the multiverse attraction included both the facade of Ant man and the wasp and mission breakout, potentially indicating that the multiverse ride is coming to both parks. im not sure how that would factor in though

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 12.14.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 12.15.15 PM.png

Supersnow84

hm but i believe that someone in another thread pointed out that the concept art for the multiverse attraction included both the facade of Ant man and the wasp and mission breakout, potentially indicating that the multiverse ride is coming to both parks. im not sure how that would factor in though
Hong Kong hasn’t mentioned quinjet in years, we are only assuming based on the fact that the original plan was the same attraction to come to both parks and the fact it wouldn’t do well for such a small park to lose autopia for no reason

The new multiverse ride maybe depending on space use might be able to fit in the quinjet plot (which is awkwardly shaped) or they may abandon the plot and complete stark expo by redoing space mountain

Hong Kong hasn’t mentioned quinjet in years, we are only assuming based on the fact that the original plan was the same attraction to come to both parks and the fact it wouldn’t do well for such a small park to lose autopia for no reason

The new multiverse ride maybe depending on space use might be able to fit in the quinjet plot (which is awkwardly shaped) or they may abandon the plot and complete stark expo by redoing space mountain
but the very concept of stark expo has no longevity.. the MCU peaked at endgame and i fear its becoming more culturally irrelevant by the day

Hkayer

There also just isn’t a lot of space; HK’s expansion pads are limited, I doubt they could fit a ROTR even if they could afford on
I measured the scale of ROTR and the remaining expansion plot from Google Earth but they could be different from the real scale.

The size of ROTR is roughly 13000 sq.m.

Screenshot (43).png

[Remaining Expansion Pads]

[Toy Story Land]

The TSL pad is around 9500 sq.m, big enough for 1 e-ticket but not the scale of ROTR.

Screenshot (48).png

[Tommorwland/Stark Expo]

The Avenger plot is around 10000 sq.m but it may be smaller if the attraction itself only accounts for the space inside the rails (around 8500 sq.m).

Screenshot (44).png

The expansion pad above the Avengers plot could be entered through the Tomorrowland/Stark Expo. The yellow arrow is the possible entrance to the plot. The attraction size could be bigger if needed with the land below it (which I excluded for the land design, roughly a total of 16000 sq.m). This could place a ROTR-scale ride easily.

Screenshot (45).png

It would be great to have TOT in the Avengers Plot and the e-ticket in the larger plot (but I don't think there's enough budget for this). Ocean Park closed their drop tower in 2021. They closed down many major thrilling attractions in the past few years. I think it is good timing to introduce more thrill rides to attract the lost attendance of OP. But the shortcomings would be the sightline and not having the quinjet facade at the centre of Tomorrowland.

[Grizzly Gulch]

This area is enough for ROTR alone without taking out the pavilion (but left with no/ little space for the land). It is big enough to build a proper land with ROTR together with the space of the pavilion.

Screenshot (46).png

They could even expand downwards to the road surrounding the trees and plant the trees below the road. This is a possible expansion pad if they need it. This land gives the most possibility and potential for expansion and I hope they plan it well for future developments before using it.

Screenshot (47).png

Just for reference, BATB is roughly around 8800 sq.m.

Screenshot (49).png

The park still has expansion pads that could hold attractions at the scale of ROTR. For the smaller pads, they could still hold a BATB-scale ride. So there's still space if they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom