HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

but the very concept of stark expo has no longevity.. the MCU peaked at endgame and i fear its becoming more culturally irrelevant by the day
I agree but as it stands the land is unfinished; even if marvel fades I wouldn’t be surprised if they do something to round out stark expo, the 5 billion has to be spent because it’s half from the HK taxpayers and marvel isn’t fading as fast in HK as in the western world

A cheap “marvel coaster” in the style of Paris would probably round out stark expo without spending too much on a fading franchise

I agree but as it stands the land is unfinished; even if marvel fades I wouldn’t be surprised if they do something to round out stark expo, the 5 billion has to be spent because it’s half from the HK taxpayers and marvel isn’t fading as fast in HK as in the western world

A cheap “marvel coaster” in the style of Paris would probably round out stark expo without spending too much on a fading franchise
couldn't they just use the 5 billion to add something else? maybe the rumored log flume/pirates attraction?

Supersnow84

I measured the scale of ROTR and the remaining expansion plot from Google Earth but they could be different from the real scale.

The size of ROTR is roughly 13000 sq.m.

View attachment 750712

[Remaining Expansion Pads]

[Toy Story Land]

The TSL pad is around 9500 sq.m, big enough for 1 e-ticket but not the scale of ROTR.

View attachment 750720

[Tommorwland/Stark Expo]

The Avenger plot is around 10000 sq.m but it may be smaller if the attraction itself only accounts for the space inside the rails (around 8500 sq.m).

View attachment 750713

The expansion pad above the Avengers plot could be entered through the Tomorrowland/Stark Expo. The yellow arrow is the possible entrance to the plot. The attraction size could be bigger if needed with the land below it (which I excluded for the land design, roughly a total of 16000 sq.m). This could place a ROTR-scale ride easily.

View attachment 750714

It would be great to have TOT in the Avengers Plot and the e-ticket in the larger plot (but I don't think there's enough budget for this). Ocean Park closed their drop tower in 2021. They closed down many major thrilling attractions in the past few years. I think it is good timing to introduce more thrill rides to attract the lost attendance of OP. But the shortcomings would be the sightline and not having the quinjet facade at the centre of Tomorrowland.

[Grizzly Gulch]

This area is enough for ROTR alone without taking out the pavilion (but left with no/ little space for the land). It is big enough to build a proper land with ROTR together with the space of the pavilion.

View attachment 750715

They could even expand downwards to the road surrounding the trees and plant the trees below the road. This is a possible expansion pad if they need it. This land gives the most possibility and potential for expansion and I hope they plan it well for future developments before using it.

View attachment 750716

Just for reference, BATB is roughly around 8800 sq.m.

View attachment 750718

The park still has expansion pads that could hold attractions at the scale of ROTR. For the smaller pads, they could still hold a BATB-scale ride. So there's still space if they want.
I know the plot above space can’t be used, that’s critical cast only areas that can’t be removed since they can’t be moved anywhere else, extending the Grizzly plot all the way to the esplanade is unlikely since that’s for the future shopping and dining complex, so really it’s only tje grizzly plot that could fit something of ROTR size

Haymarket

Also, any buzz about the plot next door? I know they refused Disney a renewal of the option for the land, and used it for quarantine, but any other news? Maybe Disney wants it back?

Supersnow84

Is Ocean Park still in trouble? I know it was bailed out by the local government in 2021—have things improved?
If Disney improves much more ocean park may go under
well that complicates things. just curious, what's LegCo's stance on the future of HKDL and it's competition with Ocean Park?
Ocean park used to be the local golden child but they burned a lot of goodwill during Covid and peopled moved towards Disney; Disney is strongly the favourite right now

Supersnow84

Also, any buzz about the plot next door? I know they refused Disney a renewal of the option for the land, and used it for quarantine, but any other news? Maybe Disney wants it back?
There is an agreement older than the purchase agreement by Disney that extremely limits what can be built there, it’s likely just theatre to get a better deal out of Disney when Disney actually wants it

Almost nothing else can actually be built on that plot unless they move the government buildings there

There is an agreement older than the purchase agreement by Disney that extremely limits what can be built there, it’s likely just theatre to get a better deal out of Disney when Disney actually wants it

Almost nothing else can actually be built on that plot unless they move the government buildings there
from what i heard the government wants disney to expand the legacy park further before constructing a second gate

Supersnow84

so hopefully they're willing to invest more, although on other forums the general public consensus is that they dont want the government to continually pump out money for a couple of lackluster attractions.
The park is experiencing soaring public opinion and ocean parks opinion is collapsing, I expect if they do something good with the 5 billion on top of arendelle and it improves attendance I believe LegCo will give them more

The park is experiencing soaring public opinion and ocean parks opinion is collapsing, I expect if they do something good with the 5 billion on top of arendelle and it improves attendance I believe LegCo will give them more
fingers crossed thats the case, but ive seen a lot of mixed reviews for the two attractions in WOF, especially WOSS.

Any overall review I’ve seen of the land Is overwhelmingly positive if you consider the land as a complete package

WOSS may be a bit small but the land as a whole seems to be a smash hit
yeah the landscaping is incredible, and FEA is bound to be popular. i visited last week and enjoyed every minute of it. the unfavourable reviews are probably just a bunch of angry redditors, hopefully that wouldnt impact public perception of it.

Supersnow84

yeah the landscaping is incredible, and FEA is bound to be popular. i visited last week and enjoyed every minute of it. the unfavourable reviews are probably just a bunch of angry redditors, hopefully that wouldnt impact public perception of it.
Oh you’ve experienced it, how would you say it changes your overall view of the park as a complete package

How would say it changes the park as a complete package
i think it definitely makes it like at least a 2 day park for parkgoers who truly want to experience everything, elevating it from it's status as a 1 day park. in terms of entertainment, FEA is pretty much the headliner attraction for Fantasyland (if you count WOF as an extension of fantasyland), so i think it does change the prospects of the park for the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom