HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

I actually like FEA in Epcot and think it was a pretty great retrofit all things considered (not sure if this is still an unpopular opinion) but I cannot believe they made absolutely zero improvements to the ride when building it from the ground up. There is so much dead space on that ride that could have been lovingly crafted to make it live up to how gorgeous the new land looks in HKDL, but it was just literally a copy and paste? Remy I understand, that ride is what it is. But essentially spending E-ticket money to build a retrofit from the ground up to anchor a land is really wild to me. When everything is literally being built from scratch, could the cost savings been THAT significant to plus up the empty spaces? The new animatronics were bare minimum imo.

I think a lot of people on these boards that complain have very little appreciation for just how much of a balancing act the current Disney has to strike to continue existing. But this specific kind of penny pinching is truly anathema to the legacy of the brand. Even FEA's most ardent fans (whoever those people are) would agree there is plenty of room for improvement.
I think to be fair that HK FEA isn’t really out of character for Disney, look at say splash mountain, you could argue 70% of splash mountain (especially before the 3rd drop at DL or 4th at WDW) is dead space as is say any Peter Pan besides SDL

It’s obvious the park had to cut somewhere to get out a redesign of Tomorrowland, a new stage show, a new castle, a new land and a new F ticket with barely a billion USD and this is also accounting for WOSS being massively more expensive than WODS

I think Epcot FEA is perfectly fine to 1 to 1 replicate mostly because FEA isn’t designed to be a park headliner, like I’ve said many times on here FEA’s one mistake is that it is being forced to fill the shoes of the MIA avengers attractions

CosmicDuck

I think to be fair that HK FEA isn’t really out of character for Disney, look at say splash mountain, you could argue 70% of splash mountain (especially before the 3rd drop at DL or 4th at WDW) is dead space as is say any Peter Pan besides SDL

It’s obvious the park had to cut somewhere to get out a redesign of Tomorrowland, a new stage show, a new castle, a new land and a new F ticket with barely a billion USD and this is also accounting for WOSS being massively more expensive than WODS

I think Epcot FEA is perfectly fine to 1 to 1 replicate mostly because FEA isn’t designed to be a park headliner, like I’ve said many times on here FEA’s one mistake is that it is being forced to fill the shoes of the MIA avengers attractions
(Ugh, deleted my post by accident)

I think these are all fair points, I was about to amend my post to say that if the trade off was how beautiful the rest of the land turned out to be than I think its a reasonable trade. But I agree, and it's Disney's ongoing modern issue, which is opening lands without headliners create unfavorable expectations for the rides that are ready. In this case, its the E-ticket in another land, but I think the point remains.

But on a conceptual level, in a perfect world that doesn't exist, I think every new land should open with a park headliner. If the primary objective of a new land is to draw in new and returning customers excited to see the land, AND the land opens in a vacuum, the expectation will always be that the biggest ride will be a headliner imo. And not matching those expectations will always do the land a disservice, either fairly or unfairly. Avengers Campus in DCA is the best recent example of this, despite having a land that "feels" much more alive than SWGE.

People still know and like Disney for big, lavish rides. Whether or not something is just there for capacity will never matter to them. So I think those expectations and how to manage them should always warrant the company's consideration.

Supersnow84

If you have any tips let us know, heading there in December for the first time. What resort are you guys staying at?
What makes HK so nice for me is that there isn’t really any tips for it because it’s such an easy park to do in a really chill way, it functionally doesn’t have a FP system and you can’t pick a bad hotel if you try, all three are good

Like you can’t do a day at HK wrong

IMDREW

Been rewatching lots of videos of the land and rides and I just absolutely love it. One thing I think would've made FEA better is having Anna and Elsa in the last scene appear as they do at the end of Frozen II. Queen Anna and Else in her white outfit. Would've tied the whole franchise together in the park.

I also love Bruni everywhere in the land.

PymParty

Drones are being tested from a video clip shared in a local Disney Facebook group. They are displayed as a shining Christmas Star so maybe we could expect a new Christmas show. It's good to see drones being used as Paris did it so well and really add to the shows.
do you have a link to the Facebook post ?

Hkayer

do you have a link to the Facebook post ?
It is a private group so you have to join the group to see the posts. I will send the link of the group in the next comment as it seems to take long to get approval.
Drones are being tested from a video clip shared in a local Disney Facebook group. They are displayed as a shining Christmas Star so maybe we could expect a new Christmas show. It's good to see drones being used as Paris did it so well and really add to the shows.
And others spot a display of Mickey also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom