HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

cjkeating

Good news today: non-HK residents can enter HK from May! So May is a good bet. Also, Frozen test and adjust won’t begin until December this year, I’d say Summer 2023 is the earliest opening time.
When did Frozen Land start construction? I feel like the 3 rough years of proper construction at Paris is going to seem like a breeze compared to how long it has taken in HK (because of COVID).

LittleMerman

Wow, it's gigantic! I really wish we were getting something like that in the States! If Disneyland Forward moves, well, forward, maybe we'll get an Arendelle section there. Or I could see it in HS even though we already have FEA in Epcot. They could build the roller coaster from Hong Kong, the original planned flat sled ride, and a stage show. Would be awesome!

LittleMerman

Some Frozen construction pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

BrianLo

Hong Kong is one of my absolute favourite cities. Extremely tourist friendly. Immaculate public transport. Very palatable "foreign" for the less travelled Westerner (since English is readily spoken). HKDL is the most underrated Disney Park Worldwide. It's an absolute gem; in hands-down the best location of any Disney park. To boot it's a major airline hub, cheap and easy to get to. Sadly chronically under attended, making it perhaps the most pleasant park experience around.

Not spending time in the city and area is a disservice to what it has to offer. As a Disney Park fan (obviously), I spent five days in HK my first time and did NOT see the need to go to HKDL. Predating their first round of expansion.

I've been waiting a while for those who've slept on this resort to see the light.

Not to undersell political issues at all, but the same argument could be applied to most locations Disney occupies.

PiratesMansion

Hong Kong is one of my absolute favourite cities. Extremely tourist friendly. Immaculate public transport. Very palatable "foreign" for the less travelled Westerner (since English is readily spoken). HKDL is the most underrated Disney Park Worldwide. It's an absolute gem; in hands-down the best location of any Disney park. To boot it's a major airline hub, cheap and easy to get to. Sadly chronically under attended, making it perhaps the most pleasant park100 experience around.

Not spending time in the city and area is a disservice to what it has to offer. As a Disney Park fan (obviously), I spent five days in HK my first time and did NOT see the need to go to HKDL. Predating their first round of expansion.

I've been waiting a while for those who've slept on this resort to see the light.

Not to undersell political issues at all, but the same argument could be applied to most locations Disney occupies.
100%. Is everything peachy in Hong Kong? No. But it's certainly my favorite city with a Disney resort, if not flat out my favorite city in the world, period.

And I cannot emphasize enough how easy and pleasant HKDL is compared to literally every other Disney resort in the world. Beautiful too.

Robbiem

Hong Kong is one of my absolute favourite cities. Extremely tourist friendly. Immaculate public transport. Very palatable "foreign" for the less travelled Westerner (since English is readily spoken). HKDL is the most underrated Disney Park Worldwide. It's an absolute gem; in hands-down the best location of any Disney park. To boot it's a major airline hub, cheap and easy to get to. Sadly chronically under attended, making it perhaps the most pleasant park experience around.

I completely agree. Leaving politics aside Hong Kong was an amazing place to visit. I went for 5 days in 2019 on my way to Japan and absolutely loved the city. Disneyland was the icing on the cake. Yes its small but its a lot less stressed and in a beautiful setting. The greater bay area with Macau and the outlying islands are great and getting around is so easy. Its definitely on my return list when the pandemic is over and I feel safer traveling

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

100%. Is everything peachy in Hong Kong? No. But it's certainly my favorite city with a Disney resort, if not flat out my favorite city in the world, period.

And I cannot emphasize enough how easy and pleasant HKDL is compared to literally every other Disney resort in the world. Beautiful too.

I completely agree. Leaving politics aside Hong Kong was an amazing place to visit. I went for 5 days in 2019 on my way to Japan and absolutely loved the city. Disneyland was the icing on the cake. Yes its small but its a lot less stressed and in a beautiful setting. The greater bay area with Macau and the outlying islands are great and getting around is so easy. Its definitely on my return list when the pandemic is over and I feel safer traveling
Thanks guys. It’s looking more and more possible hopefully. And yes, we have some HK days :)

wtyy21

Behind the scene of Momentous has been released, and the show itself is expected to debut in mid-June 2022. Momentous already expected to be better nighttime spectacular than Enchantment and DL Forever and the storyline was directly taken from HEA.

Here's detailed description about Momentous, from HKDL Fantasy twitter account
#Momentous will sail through the journey of life over six chapters, celebrate each stage of life, it will feature 40 Disney Stories, over 150 Disney characters and more than 20 Disney Songs. Momentous will feature original animation of Sebastian in the Little Mermaid segment in the chapter of "Time Stands Still", created just for the show. The show will feature an original theme song "Love the Memory" - "an anthem that celebrates life's many memorable moments together and to live each one to the fullest".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom