HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

IMDREW

Anyone know how the Frozen land is coming along? Have they started vertical construction yet? And are they building it where they announced? Or more towards Toy Story Land?

Disneylover152

Anyone know how the Frozen land is coming along? Have they started vertical construction yet? And are they building it where they announced? Or more towards Toy Story Land?

They have already started vertical construction, but its not able to be seen from the park yet.

The Hong Kong Disney expansion is lacking detail from Disney. We don't even know anything about the Moana show coming out later this year!

IMDREW

They have already started vertical construction, but its not able to be seen from the park yet.

The Hong Kong Disney expansion is lacking detail from Disney. We don't even know anything about the Moana show coming out later this year!
Thanks! Was starting to think the frozen area would be postponed by a lot with the lack of info on it.

GiveMeTheMusic

yea there is a lack of info on this expansion.

The Moana show debuts this Friday, and all we know about it is its a Moana Show premiering Friday...

There was a detailed preview for the media a few weeks ago, it’s just that details don’t make their way westward. If you do some searching on Twitter and Facebook, you can find some great HKDL fan site accounts that post regular photos and news updates.

IMDREW

There was a detailed preview for the media a few weeks ago, it’s just that details don’t make their way westward. If you do some searching on Twitter and Facebook, you can find some great HKDL fan site accounts that post regular photos and news updates.
Yeah, I do follow HK Mainstreet Gazette and the magical kingdom blog. But I haven’t seen anything on the frozen expansion yet. Anyone know if the antman ride is still slated to open this year?

GiveMeTheMusic

Yeah, I do follow HK Mainstreet Gazette and the magical kingdom blog. But I haven’t seen anything on the frozen expansion yet. Anyone know if the antman ride is still slated to open this year?

Ant-Man will open in 2019. Everything is a year back from original announcement. Castle 2020, Frozen 2021.

There’s not much to show of the Frozen construction yet and I’m not sure there are many good vantage points - maybe the toy story parachute drop? The newest art shows a coaster instead of the Luigi sleighs, so that’s exciting.

cheezbat

Ant-Man will open in 2019. Everything is a year back from original announcement. Castle 2020, Frozen 2021.

There’s not much to show of the Frozen construction yet and I’m not sure there are many good vantage points - maybe the toy story parachute drop? The newest art shows a coaster instead of the Luigi sleighs, so that’s exciting.
That's ridiculous. I can't believe how slow Disney moves on projects...ESPECIALLY the castle project. That's the icon of the resort! Wouldn't you want that up and running asap?

Disneylover152

That's ridiculous. I can't believe how slow Disney moves on projects...ESPECIALLY the castle project. That's the icon of the resort! Wouldn't you want that up and running asap?

They aren't moving slow. It took Universal a year and nine months to built the Hogwarts Castle, a full screen ride, and a few village shops, and giving a coaster a new ride vehicle/station (while leaving another ride untouched). The fact that Disney is fully retheming a shooting ride (not just a new exterior), adding a new show and theater in Adventureland, redoing the entire hub, tripling the size of the castle, adding a stage / seating areas below the castle with moat, adding an fully immersive Frozen land (complete with shops, two castles, a new dark ride and a new roller coaster), a brand-new Avengers E-ticket ride that they have to develop, and a refresh of Main Street in 5 years is amazing.

cheezbat

They aren't moving slow. It took Universal a year and nine months to built the Hogwarts Castle, a full screen ride, and a few village shops, and giving a coaster a new ride vehicle/station (while leaving another ride untouched). The fact that Disney is fully retheming a shooting ride (not just a new exterior), adding a new show and theater in Adventureland, redoing the entire hub, tripling the size of the castle, adding a stage / seating areas below the castle with moat, adding an fully immersive Frozen land (complete with shops, two castles, a new dark ride and a new roller coaster), a brand-new Avengers E-ticket ride that they have to develop, and a refresh of Main Street in 5 years is amazing.
Not really. They built the whole resort in less time. I don't get how everything got pushed back by a whole year. Stick with the timetables you gave the public Disney!

Disneylover152

Not really. They built the whole resort in less time. I don't get how everything got pushed back by a whole year. Stick with the timetables you gave the public Disney!

Yea but the original park turned out crappy with a Buzz dark ride, Space Mountain, Pooh dark ride, 4D show, Jungle Cruise, Festival of the Lion King, cheaper Tarzan's Treehouse and 3 spinners.

RandySavage

IIRC, HKDL announced this program with their anticipated dates and Hong Kong LegCo, with a lot of public dissension, delayed twice (6-9months) before finally approving HKDL's plan.

Regarding the coaster... if the rumors of a family-coaster going in at Dinoland in the medium-term are accurate, maybe this Frozen change is a cousin of that. I'm pretty sure the 7DMT won't fit in the space allocated for the dancing sleds.

IMDREW

I honestly don’t believe we’ll get the coaster unfortunately. I think the main giveaway is the extra mountain on the left in that newly found concept art. Why on earth would they add that? Usually things get cut not added. And a coaster would be much more expensive than the ride officially announced. And I think especially in this case they need to stay on budget. So it doesn’t make sense to change the announced plan for a more expensive plan when the first one already was received very positive.

Disneylover152

I honestly don’t believe we’ll get the coaster unfortunately. I think the main giveaway is the extra mountain on the left in that newly found concept art. Why on earth would they add that? Usually things get cut not added. And a coaster would be much more expensive than the ride officially announced. And I think especially in this case they need to stay on budget. So it doesn’t make sense to change the announced plan for a more expensive plan when the first one already was received very positive.

I think its a combination of the Hong Kong government wanting something else as well as Paris' rumored to be getting the exact same Sled style ride in their expansion for Toy Story Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom