HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

RandySavage

I really want to see a detailed model of the new castle. Hope I don't have to wait until the next D23.
DisneyGallery-LLobby4-100309-AVP.jpg

SleepingBeautyHongKong.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

So... how about that ‘Disney Sky’ park concept that was floating around for Tokyo as HK’s 2nd gate? :geek:

We're a ways away from a second gate at HKDL. There was an active proposal a couple years ago, but they decided on this round of expansions to the existing park instead. Once the Avengers E ticket opens, the resort will be reevaluated to see if a second gate is needed at that time or if HKDL needs more expansion.

ThemeParkTraveller

We're a ways away from a second gate at HKDL. There was an active proposal a couple years ago, but they decided on this round of expansions to the existing park instead. Once the Avengers E ticket opens, the resort will be reevaluated to see if a second gate is needed at that time or if HKDL needs more expansion.

Do you know if there have been similar discussions for Shanghai Disneyland as well?

ThemeParkTraveller

@BrianLo

Thought we'd continue the HKDL discussion here instead of the DL thread. Just curious how much improvement to FEA it would take for you to consider it a worthy headliner E-ticket for HKDL's Fantasyland? From what has been leaked, it seems both the number and order of show scenes will be identical in the HKDL/WDSP version.

Also, has it been revealed whether the sled coaster that is replacing the flat ride will be similar in scale to SDMT?

BrianLo

@BrianLo

Thought we'd continue the HKDL discussion here instead of the DL thread. Just curious how much improvement to FEA it would take for you to consider it a worthy headliner E-ticket for HKDL's Fantasyland? From what has been leaked, it seems both the number and order of show scenes will be identical in the HKDL/WDSP version.

Also, has it been revealed whether the sled coaster that is replacing the flat ride will be similar in scale to SDMT?

The scale of the scenes would have to be larger and the ride time would need to come out a few minutes longer in the end for it to start to be considered an E-ticket. I think the boat sizing/ride system will get a bit of a do-over and I wouldn't be surprised as a result to see a bit of upscaling in some of the scenes, but ultimately since it sounds like an FEA blow-by-blow that would probably wind up in a D-ticket category. FEA in Epcot is a C-ticket currently. As far as I'm concerned (I don't use the ticketing system to judge quality, mostly just scale).

Problematically I think even if they did lengthen it with all of the above it would still need to stand against what they are apparently up to in Tokyo.

I literally have no idea what the coaster will entail, but since it is a late addition I would not be surprised if this is going to be like a Dinosaur-Indy type conversion of SDMT to Frozen. Trolls instead of Dwarves with Oaken at the end... I'm guessing... Meaning it's also a D-ticket.

I mean that's not really a big deal in the context of quite a few other projects. MK's problem is New Fantasyland carried the weight of the entire World on it as the only new addition for years and years on either end. The scope of that also took up a huge footprint for arguably the same or less in hard ride tickets. Hong Kong really hasn't had much of a dry spell and a pretty big E-ticket will come two years following Frozen.

I think the earlier iteration wasn't quite enough, but two D-tickets for Frozen feels good even if they aren't going all in on a single E.

ThemeParkTraveller

I literally have no idea what the coaster will entail, but since it is a late addition I would not be surprised if this is going to be like a Dinosaur-Indy type conversion of SDMT to Frozen. Trolls instead of Dwarves with Oaken at the end... I'm guessing... Meaning it's also a D-ticket.

I saw some speculation that the coaster may have a smaller footprint than SDMT since it's taking up the original space allocated for the indoor flat ride. It would be interesting to see an image like below for the revised plans.

expansion-plan-hong-kong-disneyland.jpg

BrianLo

I saw some speculation that the coaster may have a smaller footprint than SDMT since it's taking up the original space allocated for the indoor flat ride. It would be interesting to see an image like below for the revised plans.

expansion-plan-hong-kong-disneyland.jpg

That's true, the footprint is a tad smaller than SDMT, but kind of like 15% smaller. It's possible there is a reconfiguration to add a bit more room with one of the backstage facilities. Or it's a completely different attraction... which is potentially nice.

They originally had plans for a 2021 attraction TBD as part of the proposal above. Although we never really learned what that was. I assume the budget for that was inevitably encompassed into Frozen Land when everything was pushed back.

The plot for the Marvel attraction is ginormous though. Makes me wonder if they are going to utilize it all. A coaster like the new Energy Guardians would do it, but if it's a dark ride that's huge.

Robbiem

That's true, the footprint is a tad smaller than SDMT, but kind of like 15% smaller. It's possible there is a reconfiguration to add a bit more room with one of the backstage facilities. Or it's a completely different attraction... which is potentially nice.

They originally had plans for a 2021 attraction TBD as part of the proposal above. Although we never really learned what that was. I assume the budget for that was inevitably encompassed into Frozen Land when everything was pushed back.

The plot for the Marvel attraction is ginormous though. Makes me wonder if they are going to utilize it all. A coaster like the new Energy Guardians would do it, but if it's a dark ride that's huge.

Your right the marvel plot is more like a new land than a signle attraction, if its one ride it is going to be epic!

GiveMeTheMusic

I was under the impression that the Marvel ride would be comparable in scope to the First Order Battle Escape attraction in SWGE. Haven't heard anything about it in a long time now, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom