HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

IMDREW

I think its a combination of the Hong Kong government wanting something else as well as Paris' rumored to be getting the exact same Sled style ride in their expansion for Toy Story Land.
Hmmm.. maybe it is true. And that could be the reason why they’re building more towards Toy story land than expected. To make more room for that coaster on the other side?

Disneylover152

Hmmm.. maybe it is true. And that could be the reason why they’re building more towards Toy story land than expected. To make more room for that coaster on the other side?

I don't think so... the spinning sleds attraction was on the small world side of the land.

BrianLo

Ant-Man will open in 2019. Everything is a year back from original announcement. Castle 2020, Frozen 2021.

There’s not much to show of the Frozen construction yet and I’m not sure there are many good vantage points - maybe the toy story parachute drop? The newest art shows a coaster instead of the Luigi sleighs, so that’s exciting.

Yup the Drop tower will actually be a good vantage...

1.5 months ago not much to show though.
14CEE7E3-ADD7-4597-AFC3-FD47FFA8E165.jpeg

Disneylover152

Maybe the coaster was created because rather than the Frozen Ever After dark ride clone in Hong Kong they decided to go with an original, at least non-boat ride, trackless dark ride. So they thought it was repetitive to have the dancing sleds attraction.

I don't know but either way, this coaster is a win for us fans. I have a feeling it revolves around the trolls.

IMDREW

Been thinking about those weird new castle color choices they seem to not be getting right. But I guess with the Frozen castle just behind it they don't want to go with the usual Disney castle blue rooftops color set. Cause that would be two blue roof topped castles behind each other.

BrianLo

The plans still state through 2023. So at least the final Marvel E-ticket isn't delayed. That also provides for a much more organic investment roll out.

I give much less odds on TSMM now. The budget didn't increase, there was supposed to be 'something else', but the money clear is shunted to Frozen.

I do however give much better odds on the main Frozen attraction getting a real good rethink from Frozen Ever After.

Disneylover152

The plans still state through 2023. So at least the final Marvel E-ticket isn't delayed. That also provides for a much more organic investment roll out.

I give much less odds on TSMM now. The budget didn't increase, there was supposed to be 'something else', but the money clear is shunted to Frozen.

I do however give much better odds on the main Frozen attraction getting a real good rethink from Frozen Ever After.

From what I heard, the Frozen Ever After clone is still going to be there and the roller coaster is themed to the Oaken & The Trolls & The North Mountain.

Disneylover152

Clone isn't the right word, as Maelstrom is not being cloned anywhere. The ride should be very similar to Frozen Ever After story and scene-wise, using the new pirates ride system.

I'm not sure they released what ride system it will have besides saying it will be a boat with a lift hill the same time as Frozen Ever After and drops the same time as Frozen Ever After and going backwards the same time as Frozen Ever After.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm not sure they released what ride system it will have besides saying it will be a boat with a lift hill the same time as Frozen Ever After and drops the same time as Frozen Ever After and going backwards the same time as Frozen Ever After.

They haven't, but you have to think it through from a logistical standpoint. Why would they clone the dated Maelstrom system when they have a new system that works better?

Disneylover152

They haven't, but you have to think it through from a logistical standpoint. Why would they clone the dated Maelstrom system when they have a new system that works better?

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure we shouldn't assume that the Shanghai Pirates system will be the in the Frozen Ever After. Disney throws surprises at us all the time, especially current management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom